Ryan Day

I have a hard time believing Ryan Day could get fired for losing this game too much without the eventual replacement being an "Ohio/Ohio State" guy.

Fickell, Vrabel, or Hartline (after getting some G5 HC experience). If he ends up getting fired, the replacement philosophy will be the same as when Cooper got fired.
I wonder about Mike Vrabel. He sounds like a different sort of guy. He might actually want to do that.

So where do you go for offense if you’re Vrabel ? Pro coach for QB and OC ? That’s where he’s more networked now.

If you can provide a legitimate top 10 list, then Day should remain the coach. In my opinion a new coach 1) won't jeopardize current recruiting class/transfer portal 2) realizes that this is not a rebuilding process, and 3) can invoke any energy that doesnt compromise the integrity of the program, then Day is the logical choice.

Of the current coaches that have been floated around as taking jobs or have legitimate experience with a big program:

Lance Leipold (Kansas)
I see him as more of a coach brought in to rebuild a program

Matt Campbell (Iowa State)
See Leipold

Jimbo Fisher (fired)
Was unsuccessful at Texas A&M

Mike Vrabel (Tennessee Titans)
Why would he go backwards?

Urban Meyer (retired)
Given his current cushiony job and past health I don't see him wanting to leave

Brian Hartline (current OC)
Interesting candidate but is he ready for the responsibility, given that he was just promoted.

Others:
Mark Stoops (Kentucky) ??
Marcus Freeman (Notre Dame) ??
Bob Stoops (XFL/retired)??
Lane Kiffin (Ole Miss) ??
Kalen DeBoer (Washington)??
Dan Lanning (Oregon) ??
Kyle Wittingham (Utah) ??

I wonder about Mike Vrabel. He sounds like a different sort of guy. He might actually want to do that.

So where do you go for offense if you’re Vrabel ? Pro coach for QB and OC ? That’s where he’s more networked now.
He did GA under Urban. He’s one of the few NFL HCs, that will be fired, that could work in College.

Well,neither of those programs can sniff a title either so I suppose shoe still fits
The funny thing about Nordy Tech is that between Rob Sims, Jason Trusnick, and Denzel Ward, their graduates have started more NFL games than most title-winning schools. Certainly made more money 😉

even counting paper titles

The funny thing about Nordy Tech is that between Rob Sims, Jason Trusnick, and Denzel Ward, their graduates have started more NFL games than most title-winning schools 😉

even counting paper titles
It's never a bad day to pounce on the pompous idiots that live in Bville

f**k I don’t want Vrabel at OSU. Vrabel sucks. Does anyone here actually watch the Titans? They are one of the worst coached teams in the NFL

I’m good with this topic here. I never read the college football forum.
I am not. We have the topics split up for a reason. I don’t come to the HS football section to read or post about the reds and or the bengals, or Biden’s mishaps.There is plenty of action in those sections. This is not the Wild West. Admin please move or close this thread.

My gosh, OSU has to have the most spoiled fanbase in all of sports. The man has lost 7 games total in five years and been to the playoffs 3 times.
Very deceiving. They play in the big10 and it is a very weak conference. They are favored in every game they play. (usually by MANY points). They have ALOT more talent than everyone one they play. He loses to Michigan 3 years in a row. He loses to the good SEC playoff teams. He would NOT have that same record if he was in the SEC. Over rated and deceiving as a head coach for reasons listed.

Very deceiving. They play in the big10 and it is a very weak conference. They are favored in every game they play. (usually by MANY points). They have ALOT more talent than everyone one they play. He loses to Michigan 3 years in a row. He loses to the good SEC playoff teams. He would NOT have that same record if he was in the SEC. Over rated and deceiving as a head coach for reasons listed.
If FSU loses, would you put OSU in over Texas if they win the big 12 championship?

Vrabel left college because he hated recruiting. He isn’t going to return in an even more volatile recruiting world.
Then, no he wouldn’t be a good fit. IMO, the life of a college HC is more strenuous than that of an NFL HC.

It would be dumb to fire him. They’ll start to dominate the series again after Harbaugh leaves and more sanctions come down from cheating.
So we keep him because of that?

my problem is the last 3 years Michigan was at its peak and we lost. Whether to contribute 2/3 to cheating we lost. Embarrassing.