• Green by 8-16

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Green by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine there's any chance this game will be close. I'm happy for the Green folks that the program has reached a place where they can win playoff games and play for something big, but they ain't ready for this. R7 is such that I think there's 12-13 teams in R5 & R6 that, if you swapped them out for Massillon, would win R7. The difference between Massillon and the rest of those teams is just cavernous.

It was a sparse at best crowd last Friday. I get so tired of this bloviation and hyperbole, Massillon and everyone else aren't drawing what they once did.
This is absolutely true for all HS sports. But come on even the biggest twaps that visit these Massillon threads can agree that NW stadium was too small to accommodate everyone from both towns willing to go. Are you saying you think less than 3500 people will be willing to buy a ticket to this game?

I guess this is 1400 people on a 6k side, before the team came out too. ??‍♂️

Attachments

• 535BDF75-A1D4-450F-A073-6CACA3978C78.jpeg
    535BDF75-A1D4-450F-A073-6CACA3978C78.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 105
If an hour gives a better venue? Absolutely

Me too. I mind an hour drive less than I mind getting there 2 hours early and/or being crammed on top of people. I honestly had not planned on being able to get tickets but now can definitely go, all 5 of us, plenty of room etc, so I'm good. Good chance there will be 9 of us too actually if my bro gets out early. All seated together. Should be fun.

Unfortunate that several better venues are simply not available. For whatever reason.

Me too. I mind an hour drive less than I mind getting there 2 hours early and/or being crammed on top of people. I honestly had not planned on being able to get tickets but now can definitely go, all 5 of us, plenty of room etc, so I'm good. Good chance there will be 9 of us too actually if my bro gets out early. All seated together. Should be fun.

Unfortunate that several better venues are simply not available. For whatever reason.
Which venues are those? I don't think anyone here knows what sites are and aren't available. Do you?

This is absolutely true for all HS sports. But come on even the biggest twaps that visit these Massillon threads can agree that NW stadium was too small to accommodate everyone from both towns willing to go. Are you saying you think less than 3500 people will be willing to buy a ticket to this game?
It always becomes some fishing story about attendance.

Same scenario actually, I was worried about a ticket limit of 4. Now it looks like I’m getting 7-8 tickets for our group.

Lake and Barberton were available apparently

"Available" "chosen" "awarded" whichever word applies - still unfortunate imo. Just unfathomable to me that football people at OHSAA ideally consider Canal Fulton or Mansfield their top 2, all things being equal. Over Lake and/or Barberton??? I do not think highly of OHSAA but even I can't buy that one. Both are NO-BRAINER better options.

I guess this is 1400 people on a 6k side, before the team came out too. ??‍♂️

The 1,400 is probably a presale # that were sold out of Massillon's ticket office.

That photo looks like 2,000 at most. 1,400 Presale + Massillon walkup + area "casual" fans = 2000.

Even if only 5k total fans show up to Mansfield Friday, it's still better than playing at a sold out NW. Their Stadium overall is nice, with newer turf, but everything else about it is inadequate for this game. That's just the truth. Apparently that's hard for some to understand.

It's also apparent that the OHSAA doesn't know how many tickets they sold. 1400? GTFOH.

The 1,400 is probably a presale # that were sold out of Massillon's ticket office.

That photo looks like 2,000 at most. 1,400 Presale + Massillon walkup + area "casual" fans = 2000.
No tickets sold out of the ticket office

There was more that 1,400 sold.

Actually didn't seen anyplace to buy tickets.

Keep in mind if you don't pick Massillon Washington when you buy your tickets it will not show in the sales numbers.

No tickets sold out of the ticket office

There was more that 1,400 sold.

Actually didn't seen anyplace to buy tickets.

Keep in mind if you don't pick Massillon Washington when you buy your tickets it will not show in the sales numbers.
Exactly, it’s a terrible metric to go by because of a drop down menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.