• Green by 8-16

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Green by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A refusal to play ? That’s nonsense talk. Massillon won’t talk about moving the game unless there is talks with the Green HC and admin. At least that is what can be perceived from what the Massillon admin put out today.
You either call their bluff or allow them to disrespect us to that degree.

Just how far are you willing to let them go? They've proved in the past, the ONLY way to get their attention is to take them to court.

So if that threat isn't in play, you'll never stop this kind of ridiculous treatment from them!

No slight to Northwest but for a DII game, if a neutral site isn't available, you go to the two participants!

Last edited:
A refusal to play ? That’s nonsense talk. Massillon won’t talk about moving the game unless there is talks with the Green HC and admin. At least that is what can be perceived from what the Massillon admin put out today.
I forget who, but already this season two teams worked with the OHSAA to find a new venue after they had already been announced. So it is possible for the two schools to go to the OHSAA and ask for a change.

I forget who, but already this season two teams worked with the OHSAA to find a new venue after they had already been announced. So it is possible for the two schools to go to the OHSAA and ask for a change.
Might have already happened tonight or maybe tomorrow but from the Massillon pov it doesn’t appear that way.

These games flipped sites this past weekend, think due to travel discrepancy not stadium capacity.

Division 1, Region 2
1 Marysville (11-0) vs. 4 Toledo Whitmer (10-2) at Bellefontaine AcuSport Stadium (played at Lima)
2 Springfield (10-1) vs. 6 Findlay (9-3) at Lima Spartan Stadium (played at Bellefontaine)

Two of the D7 games are at stadiums that hold more then 6,500 and another that holds 4,400.

You would think the higher the Division the higher the attendance just from students alone based on size of the school.

Mogadore played Levittsburg LaBrae at Niles Bo Rein stadium. Great facility sesting approximate 9,000. In fact Massillon Washington played games there when both were part of the old All American conference. Great parking, friendly staff but the crowd was probably around 2,000. That game would have fit well at a stadium holding 3,500 as Northwest does...

D2
Twinsburg - 5,749
Sandusky - 5,600
Clayton Northmont - 6,272

Northwest - 3,500
Might have already happened tonight or maybe tomorrow but from the Massillon pov it doesn’t appear that way.
Two of the D7 games are at stadiums that hold more then 6,500 and another that holds 4,400.

You would think the higher the Division the higher the attendance just from students alone based on size of the school.
You said you had said your peace and was moving on to talking about the game. You were wrong again.

The adults shouldn't be selfish and just let the kids play the game.

You said you had said your peace and was moving on to talking about the game. You were wrong again.

The adults shouldn't be selfish and just let the kids play the game.
My peace was about the OHSAA mess.
This is talking about the game, ya know where the stadium is that the game is played in.
This guy talking about “adults” ? you should let the adults talk about the game, ya know something you are unable to do. ?

How are you sure? Did you speak with them?
Well let’s see Moore just took his team an hour last Friday and that sure wasn’t a problem.
From what the Green HC put on Twitter after the site was announced it stand to reason he would be ok with playing this at any stadium that holds enough so all of the parents and fans that want to go could sit in the stands.

A D2 regional title game (any) in a 3500 seat stadium is embarrassing by OH standards. Oh well is what it is obviously not Canal Fulton’s fault.

Somehow someway OHSAA must be getting more from Canal Fulton than Hartfield but I don’t get it.

I don't think the OHSAA has a lot of options.
Hoban and Nordonia, both from Summit County, played in Portage County at Ravenna
Benedictine (Cuyahoga County) and Walsh (Summit County) played in Lorain County at Elyria

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a conversation with Joe Bogdan....the OHSAA...asked Lake to host the Massillon Perry game....They gave extra money for help, security, and to help getting people parked quickly...this is why Lake did not charge for parking at that event. Which is why I am a little confused why they chose Northwest...Lake did make themselves available this week and last week

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.