• Green by 8-16

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Green by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt you’ll find anyone who disagrees that he has done more than the last few coaches combined. That being said, just because the bar was set extremely low by his predecessors doesn’t mean he is the absolute “best” we could do. There needs to be adjustments this off-season otherwise we will end up wasting this next batch of talent just like we wasted the last one.
That’s what these guys like Mr. OTA president and some others seem to not understand. We’re talking about winning week 15 and 16 and the play calling on offense being predictable. As soon as the talent level gets to be about the same the coaching on our side falls short. You don’t need a statue of me or you to see that. The ones that don’t want to acknowledge it wonder why we’re 0 and whatever in the tournament

Greens strength is Massillon's weakness.

Green 28
Massillon 21
Very close on the over/under and you also picked the winner....congrats!

What you saw was what typically happens in Federal League football. If you don't show up ready to play every week, you'll more often than not lose. I still stand by my earlier statement that overall the League was down this year, but that certainly doesn't take anything away from what Green has accomplished thus far-great run after losing key players to injuries mid-season-and hoping they keep it going! Good luck the rest of the way to Green.

I've been saying it and many other have, the last 3 or 4 years. In the playoffs, when it mattered, we looked out coached with a very predictable game plan. Yes, regular season Massillon is dominant because of the level of talent. But when the level of talent is equal, it comes down to coaching at all levels. Not saying Moore isn't a great coach. But there is something off when it comes to the big games. Moore is like the Andy Reid Eagles era coach.
Well I have to agree with you here, when you have three D1 receivers and a QB with a pulse and they are non existent in the title game you do have to scratch your head. I said at the time Green hasn't had three D1 receivers in their history, same size school, 20 minutes apart. ALmost nobody has the DB to cover three D1 receivers.

We have one of the best staffs in Ohio. Can all of us improve in our daily jobs, sure we can, but how fast we forget where Massillon Football was in the recent past.
The first state championship game, a few plays make the difference - or a player. The second game our defense had a tough time with the jet sweep, guys in position, some missed tackles. Last year, Hoban's front seven was one of the best ever assembled.
I will take our success over the past 5 years and look to build on it. You can fire the whole staff, and we will all be pissed off when we become mediocre again.
This has nothing to do with OTA, Tiger 33. I don't know why you think you need to attack me or OTA anytime I comment, but obviously there is a hatred there. Id prefer if you could talk to me about my comments and not personal crap. Carry on everyone, I wish you guys a great holiday season.... Go Tigers!

I'm feeling BRM12 on this. Nobody likes to lose. But to say we cant win big games as if the only big games we've played are the the small handful we've lost in 5 years is ludicrous. No school public or private has defeated both Hoban & LaSalle in the playoffs during their runs. We beat WW. Avon. Every McKinley game. I hate the fact our rb's got injured. Jamir Thomas was unbelievably bad luck. Kid starred for 4 years and breaks an ankle 5 days before the finals. I get the frustration.

Ditto offense. That is an easy one to armchair with 20/20 hindsight. No school in our area, and very few in Ohio has a better one. The ones who do are probably private. Medina had a generational QB and WR group, and Ed shut them down. Now all of a sudden their OC has critics coming out of the woodwork too. It takes a whole team, top to bottom, every level of defense, and offense, and special teams, and LUCK. We've done extremely well, better than any point since idk maybe the 70's, and will have other opportunities next few years and I am very excited about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.