Playoffs R1: #7 Elder(5-5) vs. #10 Colerain(5-5)

Even if the rule is changed to be an automatic first down for DPI in the end zone, it would be an improvement. Remove the incentive for DBs to interfere on any pass in the end zone.
Going from 3rd & goal at the 12 to 3rd & goal at the 6, isn’t equitable for a PI penalty that cost the Offense a TD.

It’s ironic bc imo, Holding being a spot foul is way too punitive. However, I believe the rule is in place to force OL to become better blockers and make the game more clean. The PI rule is the exact opposite, it encourages poor fundamental DB play.

Going from 3rd & goal at the 12 to 3rd & goal at the 6, isn’t equitable for a PI penalty that cost the Offense a TD.
I agree, but I don't foresee the NFHS or OHSAA ever copying the NFL or NCAA rule about first down at the 2/3 yard line for DPI in the end zone.

That was a hell of game to watch lastnight. I didn't think there was any way that we were about to stop them on a 4th and 3. I'm actually surprised Colerain didn't try for 2 in the other OT possessions.

And I learned that pass interference isnt an automatic first down in HS lastnight, I think that's pretty weird.

Really tough task against X next week, but proud of our boys for getting the W last night and never giving up. Congrats Coach Ramsey, what a great 200th win.

Crowd was definitely under 5,000. Apparently there are enough Coaches statewide who have no issue with the DPI Rules. I personally would have went for 2 in the firsr OT if I was Colerain. Came there to Win but Playoffs is survive and advance. Think the Colerain Coach was trying his hardest to survive and advance instead of going for the Win at that point.

Also, I want to point out how big starting Field Position was for Elder. Elder started a lot of drives at near the 40-midfield bc Colerain did not have a Kicker who could reach the endzone on Kickoffs and their Punting was weak.

It was raining pretty hard almost the entire first half. Elder has a large amount of older fans who I can totally understand didn’t want to be out in that hard of rain when it was completely unnecessary. 2 of my family members over 70 left at the Half to dry out and watch from their recliner. Oh well on to next week and hopefully the rain stays away and Elder can last long enough in the Playoffs that it starts turning colder out!

From my POV with a clear line of sight behind the play, it hit the ground. That said, I think Elder caught a break on the PF penalty in the 3rd OT. IMO, Re got hit while still in bounds but his momentum was going towards the sideline, so it looked worse than it was.
From the Spectrum video replay, the initial defender hit Re while he was still in bounds, but the 2nd one gave him an extra hit/shove while out of bounds, even if it was only by a step. If he hits him and doesn't follow through, there's probably no flag.

im glad the elder OL was big enough lol. seriously though they have 3 guys starting that are over 250 according to the tv telecast. is it incorrect? they aren't the tallest guys but still not small.

jtk
()

im glad the elder OL was big enough lol. seriously though they have 3 guys starting that are over 250 according to the tv telecast. is it incorrect? they aren't the tallest guys but still not small.

jtk
()
Pboy is the OL guru, he will let you know what is correct and what is not?. If Elder can’t run the ball against X (75 yds or more) they won’t be a real threat to win the Game.

From the Spectrum video replay, the initial defender hit Re while he was still in bounds, but the 2nd one gave him an extra hit/shove while out of bounds, even if it was only by a step. If he hits him and doesn't follow through, there's probably no flag.
What about the bounce pass at the end of the 3rd quarter, what did that look like?

I’d have to rewatch the game but upon first glance, it seemed like Elder got burnt mostly on QB keepers bw the Tackles. Usually vs Colerain they struggle more with the pitch off the edge.

The Defensive game plan was not good, but fortunately there aren’t any more option teams left. Elder is fortunate to have Summers back to take carries at RB. They need Flowers on Defense more than ever next week with Kammerer out.

What about the bounce pass at the end of the 3rd quarter, what did that look like?
I watched again this morning. Had a terrible view of that particular play Friday night. Part of the Ball clearly hit the ground. That being said with No Replay and No Whistle you gotta literally keep playing. Sometimes even “obvious calls” are missed. Human error will always exist. Always play your hardest until you hear a Whistle!

I’d have to rewatch the game but upon first glance, it seemed like Elder got burnt mostly on QB keepers bw the Tackles. Usually vs Colerain they struggle more with the pitch off the edge.

The Defensive game plan was not good, but fortunately there aren’t any more option teams left. Elder is fortunate to have Summers back to take carries at RB. They need Flowers on Defense more than ever next week with Kammerer out.
I would disagree. Elder usually defends the pitch extremely well. If they get burnt, it's usually on the Dive or QB Keeper.

Congratulations to Doug Ramsey on win 200. It was a great game that looked like Elder was done, but they found a way to pull it out. Let's not let this be the season high. They can beat X.