Playoffs R1: #7 Elder(5-5) vs. #10 Colerain(5-5)

ElderHSfan02

Elder "unofficially" has earned the #7 seed and will play at home vs. the #10 seed Colerain Cardinals. How many playoff meetings is this now between Elder and Colerain?

Colerain had the lead against Princeton ready to blow up the Region 4 rankings, but Princeton scored a late TD to go up 13-12 with :40 left. Colerain was able to drive quickly to the Princeton 29 with :04 left, but the 46 yd FG just barely missed. Princeton held on to beat Colerain 13-12.

Elder could have had a much easier first round opponent, but this is a fun matchup at the PIT.

Elder 35
Colerain 21

Elder will play at St. Xavier in Round 2 if they can get past Colerain. Here is how Region 4 played out according to Joe Harbin.
* Elder cannot move ahead of Milford if Football North upsets St. Ignatius according to Joe Harbin.

#1 Moeller vs. #16 Oak Hills
#8 Fairfield vs. #9 Mason

#4 Princeton vs. #13 Walnut Hills
#5 Lakota East vs. #12 Sycamore

#3 Lakota West vs. #14 West Clermont
#6 Milford vs. #11 Lebanon

#2 St. Xavier vs. #15 Hamilton
#7 Elder vs. #10 Colerain

Think Colerain still has a pretty solid D. Elder will win but I think will be a tough back and forth game for at least a Half.

Think Colerain still has a pretty solid D. Elder will win but I think will be a tough back and forth game for at least a Half.

I think you are correct. Colerain defense held Princeton tonight to 196 total yards offense. That is not easy to do with Princeton QB Mekhi Lynn.

Colerain RB MJ Flowers will be tough to stop for Elder. I could see him breaking 1 or 2 long TD runs.

Colerain had some great yappsters back in the day. Colgar and Little Cards Dad (unfortunately has passed away) leap to mind but there were many others. There was one who I think lived in Covedale who was a class act. They were all fun to spar with. ?

The Colerain D is going to be a test for Elder. The OL has played better the past few weeks, but the Colerain D is better than any D they’ve seen since St X.

Colerain had some great yappsters back in the day. Colgar and Little Cards Dad (unfortunately has passed away) leap to mind but there were many others. There was one who I think lived in Covedale who was a class act. They were all fun to spar with. ?
didn't they have one that also worked for the enquirer?

speaking of missing posters....where is ep? did he get the perm ban hammer?

jtk
()

Yes. One of the Colerain guys is/was a freelancer for the AP.
Colgar. I kinda felt bad for him, he must’ve been struggling badly bc he always posted links to his articles on here to drive up traffic for his blog.

Shouldn’t you be worried about Oak Hills? They just made the playoffs for the first time in over 20 yrs.
Why would i worry lol? I havent had ties to OH since 1991. My life doesnt revolve around high school sports lol

jtk
()