#PACtion™ 2024

May 9, 2023

Northwest Kyler Miraglia heading to Hoover for his senior seasonView attachment 41487
"Maybe Kyler realized Park Street Pizza of Sugarcreek fame is now open in North Canton and you just can't miss out on that."

One year ago Post number 1117 page 38 of PACtion 2023 once again had Rich Kotite giving his spin on players jumping ship from Crooked Canal Fulton and costing the AD secretary her job!....was the pizza worth it one must ask!

I also do not know what this says....we are 2,664 posts ahead of last year at this time and not once has Bellstores offered up anything for the hard work being done here!....so do the Troyer boys have any pull?

Last edited:
I did hear a younger promising Tuslaw player may be transferring to Massillon. This was before Dial was hired, so this could be old news. Have no clue the name or position. Just that he played and was either a Freshman or Sophomore.
There are ZERO kids walking the halls of Tuslaw who would touch the field at Massillon in any capacity

How many at Carrollton?
And actually, I stand corrected..... slightly....... there is one kid that left right before H.S. that played significantly as a Jr. last year. Also, one that left last year that is playing varsity baseball for the T-I-G-E-R-S as a freshman. Now having said that, not to debunk my comments previously about the troller on here earlier, BUT, this is not the norm, but big school small school doesn't always mean one has all the talent. There is plenty of talent walking the halls of all schools regardless of size, just a bigger pool to fish from. My comments were also more to the usual situations of people thinking they are better than what they are (usually the parents, not the kids) and making the jump.

And I don't like being the guy caring too much about jr. high, but for the record the Sophomore class at the Slaw now (with a couple from the Freshman class and one that is currently an 8th grader) boat raced the Tigers at Paul Brown to the tune of 38-0. Mind you, they didn't get all their transfers yet and we didn't lose several of ours but anyways.

Last edited:
There are ZERO kids walking the halls of Tuslaw who would touch the field at Massillon in any capacity
That would be news to the McElroy kid who played fr/so year at Tuslaw then transferred (and played) at Massillon his jr/sr year a few years back.

Of course no one would expect any less out of Carrollton where the first 2 bullets on the Village's website are council meetings & water leaks. 🤣

1715283134996.png

That would be news to the McElroy kid who played fr/so year at Tuslaw then transferred (and played) at Massillon his jr/sr year a few years back.

Of course no one would expect any less out of Carrollton where the first 2 bullets on the Village's website are council meetings & water leaks. 🤣

View attachment 58449
I'm sure the kid who was last at Tuslaw over half a decade ago is still roaming the halls of Tuslaw today, you know, the time period we're actually talking about

I'm sure the kid who was last at Tuslaw over half a decade ago is still roaming the halls of Tuslaw today, you know, the time period we're actually talking about
Forgive me for pointing out what you said could not happen actually did happened a few years ago.

With that kind of attention to detail maybe you should do your neighbors a solid and help them with those leaky pipes? 🤷‍♂️

Forgive me for pointing out what you said could not happen actually did happened a few years ago.
That was the whole point of the discussion though, that RIGHT NOW there are no players 7-12 at Tuslaw that could do that. Not that it had never happened before or would be impossible to happen again in the future

That was the whole point of the discussion though, that RIGHT NOW there are no players 7-12 at Tuslaw that could do that. Not that it had never happened before or would be impossible to happen again in the future
I would not profess to be an expert on the capabilities of anyone in a high school program, let alone middle school, so forgive me for taking your statement as Papa John's level puffery. Obviously you know much more about the Tuslaw program than I do so I'll disengage.

(drip, drip, drip . . . )

I got wrapped up in some presentations at ye olde job this afternoon and then come home from my office to some amazing #PACtion™.

1. I have no idea why it's even a thing about who can or can not play for the Tigers. They're a great program, I wish them, the Mustangs, PTO, and Beautiful Jackson Township well. If you have a Massillon ZIP, I wish you well. And I have a soft spot for #PACtion™ and WCAL teams.

2. Carrollton's website bullet points are dripping with excellent observations from Raylan.

3. BSO is sort of like the Jack Morris of #PACtion™. Always a solid day of comments from BSO like Morris was always the solid anchor of the Detroit pitching staff during the 80's. When Detroit was a usual contender and 1984 WS champs.

4. PitMan nearly running out of gas in Berlin is right up there when I had a winter auto accident on the way to Millersburg when I was in college. DM me for the full story.

View attachment 58449
This response is so good I can hardly even come up with a reply except for drip, drip, drip.

Now I lived on King Church...the King Church at the top of the hill...and I never saw one cow tipped...lol...and I know when they go thru rumspringa the farthest thing on their mind is cow tipping...lol. I will give you it was a funny post...lol
How did Lake lose Greentown HS to Hoover instead of Lake local schools? There must be a story. I'd guess the old Greentown HS really didn't like the old Uniontown HS and Hartville HS.

Lake's enrollment would be much more solid for the Federal League if they had all of Lake Township and not 70% of it.

Youse should fought for Cairo and Middlebrach or Marlboro. There's gotta be some history and BSO will know it. 😂

How did Lake lose Greentown HS to Hoover instead of Lake local schools? There must be a story. I'd guess the old Greentown HS really didn't like the old Uniontown HS and Hartville HS.

Lake's enrollment would be much more solid for the Federal League if they had all of Lake Township and not 70% of it.

Youse should fought for Cairo and Middlebrach or Marlboro. There's gotta be some history and BSO will know it. 😂
You are close...in the mid 50's when they were talking consolidating schools..Uniontown Bobcats got along with the Hartville Blue Streaks and hated Greentown...The Greentown Panthers hated Uniontown ..and got along with Hartville...so Greentown somehow got the state to let them join Hoover even thou they are in Lake Township...the kids in Greentown are closer to Lake High School then they are to Hoover. Back in the late 60's and early 70's...both squares got trashed on Halloween...the Uniontown kids would do Greentown and Greentown would do Uniontown...then the next day the Uniontown kids would clean up the Uniontown square and Greentown would clean theirs.....we would be bigger then Hoover now..but back in the day the city of North Canton was a lot larger and new houses had yet to find Greentown.

And actually, I stand corrected..... slightly....... there is one kid that left right before H.S. that played significantly as a Jr. last year. Also, one that left last year that is playing varsity baseball for the T-I-G-E-R-S as a freshman. Now having said that, not to debunk my comments previously about the troller on here earlier, BUT, this is not the norm, but big school small school doesn't always mean one has all the talent. There is plenty of talent walking the halls of all schools regardless of size, just a bigger pool to fish from. My comments were also more to the usual situations of people thinking they are better than what they are (usually the parents, not the kids) and making the jump.

And I don't like being the guy caring too much about jr. high, but for the record the Sophomore class at the Slaw now (with a couple from the Freshman class and one that is currently an 8th grader) boat raced the Tigers at Paul Brown to the tune of 38-0. Mind you, they didn't get all their transfers yet and we didn't lose several of ours but anyways.
My apologies...didn't want to be a "Troll". This was second hand info I got from a Massillon person.

I was just answering the question about what Tuslaw may have coming back.

You have vast more knowledge about the program then me. I am just very interested in what Dial can do there.

Let's rephrase that original question. How many letterman do they have returning? How many starters on each side? What is their strongest skill position?

I ask those because I've got to catch 3 Dalton games in the last 4 years. Dial seems to do a tremendous job of adjusting to his personnel. Each year the offense was different. But always seems to have an identity. What's the potential identity for this team?

My apologies...didn't want to be a "Troll". This was second hand info I got from a Massillon person.

You have vast more knowledge about the program then me. I am just very interested in what Dial can do there.

Let's rephrase that original question. How many letterman do they have returning? How many starters on each side? What is their strongest skill position?

I ask those because I've got to catch 3 Dalton games in the last 4 years. Dial seems to do a tremendous job of adjusting to his personnel. Each year the offense was different. But always seems to have an identity. What's the potential identity for this team?
For some reason I'm thinking this is the potential identity.

1715294832127.png

View attachment 58449
My son played against McElroy from grades 7-10 and they usually lines up against each other. I was honestly surprised he saw the field at Massillon. I have a picture of him at probably 290 pounds in 8th grade and my son at about 115 pounds engaged during a few plays. The size disparity was absurd. His legs were twice the width on my entire son 😂 😂.

I don't know if you got classic WWF rasslin in Canal Fulton at your home but to quote the man on the right of this photo, Gorilla Monsoon, beware of Fountains of Misinformation.

The dude on the left, Bobby the Brain Heenan, is a hero of #PACtion™.

WWF was the word at The Slaw in the 80s and 90s.

Screenshot_20240509-195134-440.png

My son played against McElroy from grades 7-10 and they usually lines up against each other. I was honestly surprised he saw the field at Massillon. I have a picture of him at probably 290 pounds in 8th grade and my son at about 115 pounds engaged during a few plays. The size disparity was absurd. His legs were twice the width on my entire son 😂 😂.
I have one question.

Did he show tuffness?

This is a great #PACtion™ historical story.

While as a senior at Tuslaw we had this old crusty gray haired dude from Ashland College visit us at the THS library.

He looked at us while wearing his tweed Bear Bryant-like sport coat and said "how many of you see those purple haired kids walking around Beall Avenue in Wooster?"

Well most of us were familiar and laughed. In the era of Freedlander's it was common to go out to Wooster and shop....and it wasn't that far away.

Then the old dude said "those kids are all from the East Coast and you ain't them. I know Tuslaw kids, I've been coming here for years, and you're good Ohio conservative kids, and that's why you shouldn't go to the College of Wooster."

It was a totally different era back then.

I have little doubt that Ashland recruiter hit LaMoore's and got loaded after his successful recruiting pitch.

He got like 8 of us from a small senior class.

Last edited: