Ohio State Recruiting

Don’t get this one at all.
Alex Glietman, I know I butchered his last name but I’m too lazy to find his Twitter and correct it, covers that area a good bit and feels he’s vastly underrated. As cjb said, Hartline has a knack for finding kids before they blow up so he’ll get the benefit of the doubt. He’ll get the benefit of the doubt from me.

I am surprised OSU would want to use a roster spot for him. A redshirt senior he only has one year of eligibility. Not a position of need. Somebody transferring out?
I get OSU wants to build up quality depth since they expect to play 14 games (or is it 15?) with a deep playoff run but yeah I don’t really understand it. Hayden, although he’s a poor blocker and James People should be good enough depth. Makes sense for him. No NFL future, he has a daughter and OSU’s NIL apparently gave him a good offer

Another one I don’t get. This definitely forces out Delane, Brew, or McNutt. We were looking to add those 3 and now we probably are going to get only 1? What is going on with safety recruiting??

Another one I don’t get. This definitely forces out Delane, Brew, or McNutt. We were looking to add those 3 and now we probably are going to get only 1? What is going on with safety recruiting??
My how things have changed. In the OSU 2024 thread, you said its hard to get excited about the team with a lame duck coach and AD. Now (above) it's "we". Sounds like you're onboard now.

Terrible news. IMO, he is the best player in Ohio and the best RB in the nation. Kentucky? I wonder if grades are an issue?
I don't think he is that highly rated nationally. But it's pretty funny that he didn't go to UM. UK has beaten UM out on I think 6 kids now.

A lot of players in Florida/Georgia have Midwest connections. Rare to have the reverse.
This is true and it’s a huge factor in who and where OSU recruits. They’re not going to shy away from an elite prospect from out of state with no family connections to Ohio, but they definitely zero in on the kids with the Ohio connections.

Henry Fenuku with a prediction to OSU. This guy might be good but this is terrible optics for Justin Frye who can’t land the big fish out of state rankings wise. These recruits are most times 3 stars for a reason

RB recruiting also continues to be a struggle for the program. Getting predictions for a 3 star back out of Philadelphia now. Bill Kurelic is also the biggest clown of the OSU insiders. He constantly piggy backs off other insiders for his predictions and always in his articles writes the kids star rating of whatever is higher between the composite or 247.

RB recruiting also continues to be a struggle for the program. Getting predictions for a 3 star back out of Philadelphia now. Bill Kurelic is also the biggest clown of the OSU insiders. He constantly piggy backs off other insiders for his predictions and always in his articles writes the kids star rating of whatever is higher between the composite or 247.
I don’t get it. I know OSU wants Bo Jackson from VASJ, and they need to get him, but I don’t get why they are going after West from Philly when they have Davis from Cleveland Heights in their own backyard? Davis is elite on both sides of the ball. I can see why they like Davison from Cali, but I don’t see clear superiority of Davison over Davis. They are similar size and are clearly home run hitters. I believe OSU is going to regret slow-playing Davis.