Ohio State Recruiting

Tom Loy (pretty respected recruiting analyst when ND isn’t involved) crystal balls 5* safety Faheem Delane to OSU. OSU was a leader for Delane until Eliano was fired. Matt G and Tim Walton picked up the slack and quick.

On the flip side it looks like Texas and Texas AM are starting to lead for Dorian Brew. Both are recruiting him with the option to play offense or defense. OSU is recruiting him solely on defense.

On the flip side it looks like Texas and Texas AM are starting to lead for Dorian Brew. Both are recruiting him with the option to play offense or defense. OSU is recruiting him solely on defense.
That could be bad considering Offord is a major flip candidate closer to NSD. Could miss out on both

I’m actually with him on this one. You can bookmark this post, because I would bet Offard never plays for OSU.
I won’t go that far but yeah, a player from a state that OSU hasn’t signed from since 1981 and has NIL happy Auburn near by would be near the top of the flip list of current commits.

I won’t go that far but yeah, a player from a state that OSU hasn’t signed from since 1981 and has NIL happy Auburn near by would be near the top of the flip list of current commits.
Yeah, once DeBoer gets himself known to everyone down there in Bama, I’m sure the Tide will keep most, and as you said, Hugh Freeze is always ready with a bag of cash and some strippers.

Last edited:
I’m actually with him on this one. You can bookmark this post, because I would bet Offard never plays for OSU.
Not a betting man but I would take that bet, OSU flipped Downs who was all UGA, flipped Sayin from bama, and got Judkins from Ole Miss, and oh yeah the guard from Bama. OSU has shown they will match dollar for dollar to land the top fish or exceed.
Yeah, once DeBoer gets himself known to everyone down there in Bama, I’m sure the Tide will keep most, and as you said, Hugh Freeze is always ready with a bag of cash and some strippers.
Kiffin pretty much "accused "OSU" of doing the same thing when it came to transfers. Sour grapes.

Judkins is from Alabama does that count. OSU is not NIL "happy"? The Bucks will likely match dollar for dollar, plus OSU has Walton.

Some on here desperately want tOSU to crash and burn. If the Buckeyes win the Natty 50-0 they will say the Buckeyes bought the Natty and the SEC was robbed

I'm curious. Wasn't it YOU Buckaroo boys who bloviated, that OHIO had the greatest talent, coaches, and teams in the NATION, there in your high schools? IF so, then WHY are you CONSTANTLY pilfering the likes of Pa., Tejas, Florida, and lest we not forget, GEORGIA for top tier talent? At this writing, you have THREE players or recruits from ONE STINKING COUNTY, just in the metro ATL. And rumor has it, that por THE Ohio State, who you say has to take up a collection, to even bring recruits to dinner. Are ponying up TWO MILLION for a kid whose high school you were recently laughing at, MILL CREEK, the 2022 7A Georgia State Champions. (Caleb Downs) And he allegedly is only going to cost you hypocrites, a mere TWO MILLION to GETRDONE! And what was this BS about UGA ALWAYS gets the creme of crop in its state? BULLSHEET! We have CURRENTLY lost FIVE, FIVE stars from the home state, just in the past six months. NIL is causing crap states like Alabama, Kentucky, Old Mississippi, and THE Ohio State, to empty their coffers to be able to compete. And STILL, UGA has had three top recruiting classes in a row. GO FIGURE!

Tarvos Alford supposed to commit to OSU on Saturday. Would be a big time pickup and best LB get the Buckeyes have got since Raekwon McMillan (don’t put in state players in that category as they are not nearly as hard to obtain) .

Holding onto him will be a different story since he is in Florida and is taking OVs afterwards (very weird) so I consider OSU to be in his top 3 all the way until signing day.

If this commitment does stick then he is the type of LB OSU should always be getting. Lbs with height and length (he’s 6’2) as well as speed. Arvell Reese and CJ Hicks are also in this mold so hopefully the LB room is getting restocked with great athletes that are also great LBs

Tarvos Alford supposed to commit to OSU on Saturday. Would be a big time pickup and best LB get the Buckeyes have got since Raekwon McMillan (don’t put in state players in that category as they are not nearly as hard to obtain) .

Holding onto him will be a different story since he is in Florida and is taking OVs afterwards (very weird) so I consider OSU to be in his top 3 all the way until signing day.

If this commitment does stick then he is the type of LB OSU should always be getting. Lbs with height and length (he’s 6’2) as well as speed. Arvell Reese and CJ Hicks are also in this mold so hopefully the LB room is getting restocked with great athletes that are also great LBs
Wake me up on signing day. I used to follow recruiting closely, but now a commitment means nothing until the kid is there for spring practice or summer workouts. Until then none of them are really committed.

As for who is there? Not sure what’s held back Hicks, but nothing is going to hold back Reese. Saw him play live as a senior at Glenville and was amazed by his instincts and ability to cover ground quickly.

Wake me up on signing day. I used to follow recruiting closely, but now a commitment means nothing until the kid is there for spring practice or summer workouts. Until then none of them are really committed.

As for who is there? Not sure what’s held back Hicks, but nothing is going to hold back Reese. Saw him play live as a senior at Glenville and was amazed by his instincts and ability to cover ground quickly.
Yes, this is a recruitment that will last until signing day because he’s from Florida. Makes me wonder why OSU is even accepting his commitment at this point but he program is desperate for big time LBs.

Agreed on Reese, dude is a total thoroughbred and we are lucky such a player was grown in Ohio. We usually don’t produce players built like him.

London Merritt just committed. Would seem like a solid pickup but he’s a Florida kid which means OSU is in his top 3 or 4.

I’d be lying if I said I saw his film but he’s very undersized so I hope he’s ultra explosive off of the edge. He’s linebacker size

He does play in the very tough NJ Catholic school league, so that’s a plus. And Hartline hasn’t given us any reason to doubt his recruiting decisions.
Agreed on that part. Bill Kurelic wants to have us believe the competition this kid goes against is similar to the schedule Findlay high school plays against every season LMFAO. That guy is such a clown