Ohio State Recruiting

OSU finished with only 6 composite top 100 players. Need more than that to keep pace with Georgia. James Peoples didn’t have a very good All American bowl and Air Noland took a step back in his senior season. That’s why they both dropped off
What did Georgia finish with?

Frye has started following BC starting RT Ozzy Trapilo. Ozzy has 30 days to enter the portal now that Hafley left. All ACC this past year. 401 drop back plays, 0 sacks and just one QB hit allowed. 77 grade on PFF. Not positive he enters the portal, but good to see Frye laying the groundwork for a massive position of need

And The Fong drops a crystal ball for Na’eem Offord, the #1 CB, per the 25/7 Comp, in 2025. He’ll be on campus this weekend with his family.

Ohio State either has a commitment from or leads for the #1CB, #2 CB, #4 CB and #10 CB, #1 S and #2 S. Then there’s CB #13 and #97 overall in OSU’s backyard in Dawayne Galloway who has yet to receive an offer.

Incorrect, you are only looking who’s enrolled but if you scroll down to see signed but not enrolled you will see they have 10

I wouldn’t get too crazy about the difference. I looked at a few recruits from the SEC schools and they jumped a ton in some cases over the last month, while some of the OSU recruits dipped. As long as ESecPN rankings factor into the 247 composite, it’s nearly impossible for a non SEC team to lead the rankings.

And The Fong drops a crystal ball for Na’eem Offord, the #1 CB, per the 25/7 Comp, in 2025. He’ll be on campus this weekend with his family.

Ohio State either has a commitment from or leads for the #1CB, #2 CB, #4 CB and #10 CB, #1 S and #2 S. Then there’s CB #13 and #97 overall in OSU’s backyard in Dawayne Galloway who has yet to receive an offer.
Dawayne Galloway is an interesting prospect. Dude has track speed at CB, 2nd place in the 100 w/ an electronically timed sub 10.5 as a Soph, that should be a lethal combo so what is missing? Either he doesn't have the hips to play the position, his measurables are off, or both. Because of track he didn't camp or play much 7 v 7 last year so the tape is limited. Now he does use that same strength guy that Tayvion Galloawy used and he is famous for cooking the books and when his guys show up on campus they are far from the listed heights and weights. If you remember Tayvion bad mouthed tOSU coaches because they were not hot on him after they saw him in person and the stats sheet didn't meet the eye test; verballed to LSU originally then he showed up at Baton Rouge and a couple weeks later his schollie is pulled for the same reason and now he is headed to Purdue. There is some chatter that Dawayne's body is very slight and nowhere near the 6'1" 175 lbs that is listed on many recruiting sites.

Dawayne Galloway is an interesting prospect. Dude has track speed at CB, 2nd place in the 100 w/ an electronically timed sub 10.5 as a Soph, that should be a lethal combo so what is missing? Either he doesn't have the hips to play the position, his measurables are off, or both. Because of track he didn't camp or play much 7 v 7 last year so the tape is limited. Now he does use that same strength guy that Tayvion Galloawy used and he is famous for cooking the books and when his guys show up on campus they are far from the listed heights and weights. If you remember Tayvion bad mouthed tOSU coaches because they were not hot on him after they saw him in person and the stats sheet didn't meet the eye test; verballed to LSU originally then he showed up at Baton Rouge and a couple weeks later his schollie is pulled for the same reason and now he is headed to Purdue. There is some chatter that Dawayne's body is very slight and nowhere near the 6'1" 175 lbs that is listed on many recruiting sites.
Grades? Test scores?

Grades? Test scores?
I don't think that matters as much as it use to. Also his interest level doesn't match his ranking, so far he is most linked to Kentucky with Michigan State as being another school in the running. Lists UGA, Penn State, & Tennessee as offers but I am guessing he needs to camp and confirm height & weight before those turn into committable offers.

Has anyone seen him play? Along with OT CB is a very technique driven position and not everyone can just show up and say they are top level CB without showing something against elite guys on tape, and I am not sure Marion Franklin offers that level of comp, or in a camp setting. Could he move over to athlete and possibly turn into a slot receiver? I always think there is a place for a guy with that type of speed as long as he he can add weight and not drop the quickness.

I wouldn’t get too crazy about the difference. I looked at a few recruits from the SEC schools and they jumped a ton in some cases over the last month, while some of the OSU recruits dipped. As long as ESecPN rankings factor into the 247 composite, it’s nearly impossible for a non SEC team to lead the rankings.
Yes they did, I explained why the OSU commits dipped earlier in this thread.

I don't think that matters as much as it use to. Also his interest level doesn't match his ranking, so far he is most linked to Kentucky with Michigan State as being another school in the running. Lists UGA, Penn State, & Tennessee as offers but I am guessing he needs to camp and confirm height & weight before those turn into committable offers.

Has anyone seen him play? Along with OT CB is a very technique driven position and not everyone can just show up and say they are top level CB without showing something against elite guys on tape, and I am not sure Marion Franklin offers that level of comp, or in a camp setting. Could he move over to athlete and possibly turn into a slot receiver? I always think there is a place for a guy with that type of speed as long as he he can add weight and not drop the quickness.
I have no idea about this kid, so I'm not making accusations, just that some schools will shy away from a recruit if they think he won't be able to handle classes in college.