Ohio Cardinal Conference

Mostly spot on! Without Goofball at the helm we left 3 wins easy on the table and everyone in the stadiums knew where blame was to lay…. He had no clue about game management and wasted so many TO or burnt time before using 1. It was embarrassing he was left in charge of any team!
Sounds like Ashland and Madison had one thing in common after all last year with coaching??

Ashland was 1-9 in 2000, 1-9 in 2001, Valintine was hired in 2002 they then went 6-4, 8-2, 7-3 from 2002-2004.
I remember 2003 being pretty solid. Had a classic OT game against Bellevue at Community Stadium rallying back from down 28-7 and it took a 2-point conversion from Bellevue to walk it off

If Madison goes 5-5, Valentine gets all the respect he is being given right now. If he goes 2-8 then RamGrad09 and MadRam02 will be calling him a horrible coach with bad decisions.
Actually we won’t be calling him a bad coach. I already know gow good of a coach Valentine is. If he cant turn Madison around then no ones going to. However I have a good feeling that he will. Who knows if it will be this season or not. I can say that im hearing alot of positivity coming from the Rams program. I said from day one that Madisons last coach wasn’t the guy for the job. If everyone buys in quick and puts in the work Madison could be decent this year. Look what happened when Madison Got the new Basketball coach. Im glad Ontario took that one off our hands. I couldn’t have been more excited when I heard he was leaving lol.

Valentine will have his work cut out for him. 5-5 & playoffs is quite a lofty goal considering...

5 wins would be 5x more than they've had in their last 50 games (1-49). Their lone win?
Akron North in 2018. Akron North's record over their last 50 games? 1-49.

I'm wishing the Rams the best of luck. Sincerely, I am. However, we need to keep the above
facts in consideration. I'd hate the fan base to get down on him if he doesn't have immediate
success.

Valentine will have his work cut out for him. 5-5 & playoffs is quite a lofty goal considering...

5 wins would be 5x more than they've had in their last 50 games (1-49). Their lone win?
Akron North in 2018. Akron North's record over their last 50 games? 1-49.

I'm wishing the Rams the best of luck. Sincerely, I am. However, we need to keep the above
facts in consideration. I'd hate the fan base to get down on him if he doesn't have immediate
success.
Madison actually has two wins lol. They beat Mansfield Senior two years ago 13-7. Also I believe their record was actually 2-45 with 2 games canceled last year and 1-8 in 2020

Madison actually has two wins lol. They beat Mansfield Senior two years ago 13-7. Also I believe their record was actually 2-45 with 2 games canceled last year and 1-8 in 2020
Touche. Good point. Like a buffoon, I was looking at the regional page and didn't click the Madison link. Guess next time I talk trash, I need to get my s--- together. :LOL:

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about this years New Philly team? How many do they return on each side of the ball. I know they were just ok last year.

They will very be improved from last season,they only had like 13 sr. on the team, I think they will be in the running for the league title
Well they better be improved by a lot if they are going to beat West Holmes or Mansfield. They didn’t beat a single team with a winning record. Best win was against Canton Central Catholic. Also looks like they lost a couple of their better players from past years team.

Last edited:
Well they better be improved by a lot if they are going to beat West Holmes or Mansfield. They didn’t beat a single team with a winning record. Best win was against Canton Central Catholic. Also looks like they lost a couple of their better players from past years team.
Pay no attention to bucky, he is a troll. Quakers did lose a few good players. Returners are good but no real “studs” that can carry a team like WH has. Coach is entering his second year (ever) so it is unknown if he is capable of building his own program or last year was left over from Dennison. Their record last year may have been so-so but the 5 losses were to teams with a total record of 58-8, including 1 state champion. Just not good enough to get over the hump. Looking forward to getting back into the Cardinal Conference, but do not expect them to challenge for the league title with what West Holmes has coming back.

Phila faithful I talk to say they will dominate the Cardinal Conference starting this year...

Pay no attention to bucky, he is a troll. Quakers did lose a few good players. Returners are good but no real “studs” that can carry a team like WH has. Coach is entering his second year (ever) so it is unknown if he is capable of building his own program or last year was left over from Dennison. Their record last year may have been so-so but the 5 losses were to teams with a total record of 58-8, including 1 state champion. Just not good enough to get over the hump. Looking forward to getting back into the Cardinal Conference, but do not expect them to challenge for the league title with what West Holmes has coming back.

Agreed that Phila did lose to some very good teams- Chardon, Dover, Canfield, Steubenville, and Hubbard were some of the best teams in region 9 last year, with some of them being the best in D3. Because of this, their record was a bit misleading last year.

Agreed that Phila did lose to some very good teams- Chardon, Dover, Canfield, Steubenville, and Hubbard were some of the best teams in region 9 last year, with some of them being the best in D3. Because of this, their record was a bit misleading last year.
Minus the state title game, New Philly gave Chardon one of their closest contests of the season. That's one helluva schedule they played last season.

NP will definitely up the football level in the OCC. Even in a down year. Mt Vernon and Lexington have never been consistent football schools. Madison has been down for years. Ashland has been maybe the most consistent until now. And Mansfield, West Holmes and Wooster have had ups and downs with success. NP will be a steady option as a favorite every year.

A few interesting things I noticed looking back at the OCC.

1. Every member has one at least 1 (full or shared) OCC title in football.

2. Ashland and Wooster each have 8 titles ( Shared or Outright)

3. Madison is the only OCC school to not have an outright title (shared in 05-06 with Orrville and 12-13 with Mansfield and West Holmes)

4. Ashland has the longest streak of OCC championships with 3 in a row from 2015-2018 (all were shared titles)

Overall a pretty balance conference in football spanning 19 years. Looking forward to year 20.

3. Madison is the only OCC school to not have an outright title (shared in 05-06 with Orrville and 12-13 with Mansfield and West Holmes)

4. Ashland has the longest streak of OCC championships with 3 in a row from 2015-2018 (all were shared titles)

Overall a pretty balance conference in football spanning 19 years. Looking forward to year 20.
When did Mount Vernon win a football title?

From what I see of the 9 current and past members of the OCC, in the two major money sports 8 schools have won/shared football titles and 7 of the schools have won/shared basketball titles.

When did Mount Vernon win a football title?
Forgive me, Mount Vernon has not won a title in football yet. I sometimes forget they are in the league. All the original schools including Orrville and Clear Fork who are no longer members have won football titles.

I guess West Holmes beat a pretty good Tri-Valley team at TV last Saturday 4-2,they were all passing TD's , didn't hear much about how the Dixon boy done, going to watch them scrimmage Africentric Thursday @ 5 at WH

I guess West Holmes beat a pretty good Tri-Valley team at TV last Saturday 4-2,they were all passing TD's , didn't hear much about how the Dixon boy done, going to watch them scrimmage Africentric Thursday @ 5 at WH
Doesn’t surprise me. We all knew West Holmes was going to be good again. I think Mansfield will knock them off this year. Game between those two last year was really good. Couple mistakes at the end cost them a game that they dominated.