Ohio Cardinal Conference

Wooster is very well coached. They are young and will continue to improve. If they beat Wadsworth they will likely win 7 games at a minimum. GO GENERALS!
1. Did you gather all this watching Wooster trounce a D5 school with 40 kids on the team?
2. Going from Orrville to Wadsworth is equivalent blocking Mrs Garrett to Myles Garrett.
3. Agree, if Wooster beats Wadsworth it moves the bar significantly up for the season outlook.

WEEK 2 OCC PREDICTIONS

Madison Rams over River Valley 28-7

Ashland over Marion Harding 35-7

Shelby over Lexington 28-13

Steubenville over New Philly 42-6

Mansfield over Hoover 28-17

Mount Vernon over Newark 35-6

Wadsworth over Wooster 28-20

West Holmes over Orrville 56-6
You really think Ashland can hold harding to 7 points after giving up 61 to a d5 school? Just curious

WEEK 2 OCC PREDICTIONS

Madison Rams over River Valley 28-7

Ashland over Marion Harding 35-7

Shelby over Lexington 28-13

Steubenville over New Philly 42-6

Mansfield over Hoover 28-17

Mount Vernon over Newark 35-6

Wadsworth over Wooster 28-20

Ashland holding Marion Harding to 7? Madison rolling RV after only getting 7 against a completely revamped Shelby defense? MV winning by 4 TDs?

Then again, you called for the upset at Shelby, and it almost came through. Good luck.

Madison Rams over River Valley 21-13
- River valley is bad

Ashland over Marion Harding 34-20
- Harding is athletic

Shelby over Lexington 41-14
- Shelby have their starters back?

Steubenville over New Philly 49-7
- Steubenville is good

Mansfield over Hoover 35-14
- Mansfield is loaded

Mount Vernon over Newark 35-7
- Newark is really down..

Wadsworth over Wooster 35-21
- Wooster is still young

- could be even worse!

1. Did you gather all this watching Wooster trounce a D5 school with 40 kids on the team?
2. Going from Orrville to Wadsworth is equivalent blocking Mrs Garrett to Myles Garrett.
3. Agree, if Wooster beats Wadsworth it moves the bar significantly up for the season outlook.
And not even a good d5 school at that

Madison Rams over River Valley 21-13
- River valley is bad

Ashland over Marion Harding 34-20
- Harding is athletic

Shelby over Lexington 41-14
- Shelby have their starters back?

Steubenville over New Philly 49-7
- Steubenville is good

Mansfield over Hoover 35-14
- Mansfield is loaded

Mount Vernon over Newark 35-7
- Newark is really down..

Wadsworth over Wooster 35-21
- Wooster is still young

- could be even worse!
I don’t think Mansfield is loaded…

I didn’t say they would beat Wadsworth, I said if they beat Wadsworth. I believe they will beat Ashland, Madison, Lexington, and MV. Wooster would then need one win from games with WH, NP, Mansfield, and VASJ. I agree that Wadsworth many levels above Orrville but the gap is not as great as your Garrett analogy.

I didn’t say they would beat Wadsworth, I said if they beat Wadsworth. I believe they will beat Ashland, Madison, Lexington, and MV. Wooster would then need one win from games with WH, NP, Mansfield, and VASJ. I agree that Wadsworth many levels above Orrville but the gap is not as great as your Garrett analogy.
Yeah, I might have been excessive comparing Myles Garrett to the housekeeper on Facts of Life. Then again, going from a D5 team that MIGHT win 3 games to a good D1 school . . . I'd say "many levels" would be an understatement.

Last edited:
No one in Orrville was saying this back in the 90's when Wooster was a very bad D1 school with 40 kids on the team. Maybe the Red Riders should end the rivalry and schedule Cleveland East Tech or Rittman so they have a chance to win. RTR.
Mr G! Wondered when you'd see that post. : ) Had me worried something happened to you. Hope all is well.

Thanks for the illustration of Wooster's storied football tradition.

Mr G! Wondered when you'd see that post. : ) Had me worried something happened to you. Hope all is well.

Thanks for the illustration of Wooster's storied football tradition.

Hopefully your Riders can get another all-state transfer from the Penal League so you can finish at .500 at least. Hope all is well with you too!

Hopefully your Riders can get another all-state transfer from the Penal League so you can finish at .500 at least. Hope all is well with you too!
Ha! They’re not my Riders, but apparently they occupy lots of your space to continue to bring them up on an OCC thread. If I were you, would be more worried about them figuring out how to beat Sr & West Holmes.

Also, it seems Wooster liked how that transfer game worked out. Has benefited football & basketball teams quite well last few years.

Ha! They’re not my Riders, but apparently they occupy lots of your space to continue to bring them up on an OCC thread. If I were you, would be more worried about them figuring out how to beat Sr & West Holmes.

Also, it seems Wooster liked how that transfer game worked out. Has benefited football & basketball teams quite well last few years.
Not your Riders....then what's your beef with Wooster since you take EVERY single chance you can to bash them with every post?

Wooster Athletics has a poor reputation in many areas. You don't have to be from Orrville to know that. :)
Not your Riders....then what's your beef with Wooster since you take EVERY single chance you can to bash them with every post?
1) Thank you for noticing. It's nice to know someone is watching.

2) @spirit454 was polite in how he worded it. There are a multitude of things, but for me it started 20 years ago when Wooster left the Federal League (where they were among peer sized schools) and joined the OCC in what most saw as an attempt to take advantage of becoming the "biggest kid in class."

3) These are the 6 oldest rivalries in Ohio, not in order, with the school's current division. See if you can find the one that's "different" than the rest.
Massillon (2) - McKinley (1)
Ironton (5) - Portsmouth (5)
Bellaire (6) - Martins Ferry (6)
Sandusky (3) - Fremont Ross (2)
Ravenna (3) - Roosevelt (4)
Wooster (2) - Orrville (5)

I understand and respect the history of the rivalry with your neighbors to the east. And I'm sure they probably would never want to cancel the game, but at some point things change. Frankly, it's a no-win situation for Wooster. If you win - congrat, you beat a school 3 divisions smaller than you. Yay! If you lose......yikes. Considering the game has been played for over 100 years and (last I heard) the Generals had a 15 game advantage is, as they say, "not great."

Obviously we see this differently and I can respect that. But please understand, outside of folks wearing gold & blue (and especially on the football forum), Wooster's kind of a joke.

Biggest positive - naming the field after Charles Follis. To me, that's one of the best backstory of all the named fields in Ohio. (for anyone interested - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Follis)

2) @spirit454 was polite in how he worded it. There are a multitude of things, but for me it started 20 years ago when Wooster left the Federal League (where they were among peer sized schools) and joined the OCC in what most saw as an attempt to take advantage of becoming the "biggest kid in class."

3) These are the 6 oldest rivalries in Ohio, not in order, with the school's current division. See if you can find the one that's "different" than the rest.

I understand and respect the history of the rivalry with your neighbors to the east. And I'm sure they probably would never want to cancel the game, but at some point things change. Frankly, it's a no-win situation for Wooster. If you win - congrat, you beat a school 3 divisions smaller than you. Yay! If you lose......yikes. Considering the game has been played for over 100 years and (last I heard) the Generals had a 15 game advantage is, as they say, "not great."

Obviously we see this differently and I can respect that. But please understand, outside of folks wearing gold & blue (and especially on the football forum), Wooster's kind of a joke.

Biggest positive - naming the field after Charles Follis. To me, that's one of the best backstory of all the named fields in Ohio. (for anyone interested - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Follis)
Just to clarify, Ravenna is D4, Kent Theodore Roosevelt is D3.

There are a multitude of things, but for me it started 20 years ago when Wooster left the Federal League (where they were among peer sized schools) and joined the OCC in what most saw as an attempt to take advantage of becoming the "biggest kid in class."
Absolutely hated this when it happened also. Generals couldn't compete in one sport every year, so they bolted a great League. They competed and won FLC's in boys basketball. There was a period where the girls volleyball & basketball team absolutely dominated the FL. Other than football, I think all of the other sports have gotten weaker by joining the OCC. Totally agree with you there.

Last edited:

But Wooster has a good band!:cool: