Ohio Cardinal Conference

14-7 Perkins over Madison at the half. Madison blocked a long field goal right before half and returned it 40-50 yards. Would have had great field position but ran out of time. Madison also had multiple sacks.

Doesn’t surprise me. We all knew West Holmes was going to be good again. I think Mansfield will knock them off this year. Game between those two last year was really good. Couple mistakes at the end cost them a game that they dominated.
WH is better then last year. Senior won’t beat them

West Holmes beats a bad Africentric team in two quarters 42-6,Dixon ran one running play from scrimmage for 15 yards and ran a few passing routes, just played him one quarter, they didn't get much from this scrimmage, just that everyone got into play in the two quarters of varsity action

Do we know how any of the other scrimmages went? Senior, Ashland, or New Philly?
Ashland lost to dover 13-14. Pretty evenly matched up. However, dover scored quick out of the half to take the lead and Ashland proceeded to go 3 and out on their first drive of the 3rd. Dover had the momentum at the end. Good effort for both teams

I
Ashland lost to dover 13-14. Pretty evenly matched up. However, dover scored quick out of the half to take the lead and Ashland proceeded to go 3 and out on their first drive of the 3rd. Dover had the momentum at the end. Good effort for both teams
Interesting take..

I'll comment as an actual Ashland fan! :banana: Live half was 13-7 Ashland, if they were keeping score. Dover's only score was on a 4th and long that should have been a sack but the ashland defender didn't finish after contact, (not sure if he thought there would be a quick whistle or not?) so it should have been 13-0. Regardless the dover QB made a good play and scored on that 4th and long. There's my pro ashland take!

After that there was a 10 minute intermission and both teams sent out 1's/2's for a 1st and 10 series, and you are correct dover scored on the series. You can call that whatever you want, but from my vantage point i didn't see ashland losing the scrimmage. I know based on your posts you wont compliment ashland, so there's my positive ashland fan post

I do agree both teams were evenly matched and played well. If i'm being honest i was expecting dover to take it to the arrows so i thought it was a good day overall as an ashland fan.

My biggest surprise of the scrimmage was that dover almost exclusively ran the ball and ashland threw it a lot! I thought it would be flipped, but I've been impressed by both scrimmages so far. They looked good at Hoover and against Dover, i still favor norwayne in week 1 but I'm getting closer to a 50/50 game. Just my biased 2 cents

I

Interesting take..

I'll comment as an actual Ashland fan! :banana: Live half was 13-7 Ashland, if they were keeping score. Dover's only score was on a 4th and long that should have been a sack but the ashland defender didn't finish after contact, (not sure if he thought there would be a quick whistle or not?) so it should have been 13-0. Regardless the dover QB made a good play and scored on that 4th and long. There's my pro ashland take!

After that there was a 10 minute intermission and both teams sent out 1's/2's for a 1st and 10 series, and you are correct dover scored on the series. You can call that whatever you want, but from my vantage point i didn't see ashland losing the scrimmage. I know based on your posts you wont compliment ashland, so there's my positive ashland fan post

I do agree both teams were evenly matched and played well. If i'm being honest i was expecting dover to take it to the arrows so i thought it was a good day overall as an ashland fan.

My biggest surprise of the scrimmage was that dover almost exclusively ran the ball and ashland threw it a lot! I thought it would be flipped, but I've been impressed by both scrimmages so far. They looked good at Hoover and against Dover, i still favor norwayne in week 1 but I'm getting closer to a 50/50 game. Just my biased 2 cents
The first drive after halftime counted towards the scrimmage for both teams. It was still 1s vs 1s, and this is when dover took the lead. Then the 2s came in.

A few interesting things I noticed looking back at the OCC.

1. Every member has one at least 1 (full or shared) OCC title in football.

2. Ashland and Wooster each have 8 titles ( Shared or Outright)

3. Madison is the only OCC school to not have an outright title (shared in 05-06 with Orrville and 12-13 with Mansfield and West Holmes)

4. Ashland has the longest streak of OCC championships with 3 in a row from 2015-2018 (all were shared titles)

Overall a pretty balance conference in football spanning 19 years. Looking forward to year 20.
wouldn't that be 4 in a row for Atown in this timeframe?

Quakers lost to Green tonight 14-0 in 1 half game simulation. Based on what I have been hearing about Green on Federal League thread this does not bode well for Quakers. I am guessing .500 at best.

Unc for life is wrong about the Ashland stat. Ashland did not win the OCC in 2018, they went 2-4 in the conference
It was 2015, 2016, 2017….or knowas the 15-16 season 16-17 season 17-18 season…

yes in 2018 they went 2-4 in the occ…

Stop being a dick.

Quakers lost to Green tonight 14-0 in 1 half game simulation. Based on what I have been hearing about Green on Federal League thread this does not bode well for Quakers. I am guessing .500 at best.

Was at Green tonight and NP's offense is absolutely abysmal, no threat at all of any kind of passing game. The coaching staff really have to consider playing the the talented sophomore and live with the mistakes. The senior QB is a great athlete and be a difference maker at WR an on defense. The Quaker defense is very fast and really good. Forced Green into 3 turnovers and Green didn't score until 3 minutes left in the half. The other Green td about a minute later was a bad pick 6.

I

Interesting take..

There were some rumors floating around Tusc county that Dover would be back to the wing T this year.

There were some rumors floating around Tusc county that Dover would be back to the wing T this year.
They were definitely run heavy! Took a few shots down field but it was mostly toss right/left, then some power or counter. IF you stop their run, I'm not sure what else they have. Still a good team though, I think they'll do well this season. 7-3, 8-2 type season??

Lex had some nice athletes yesterday against Ontario. However their Oline and QB are terrible. Also their defense is not that great. In all honesty neither Ontario or Lexington impressed me. I thought Ontario was going to be better but their skilled players are just ok.

Lex had some nice athletes yesterday against Ontario. However their Oline and QB are terrible. Also their defense is not that great. In all honesty neither Ontario or Lexington impressed me. I thought Ontario was going to be better but their skilled players are just ok.
I was also at this lex game yesterday. You are correct about lex having some athletes but dang do their receivers need to learn how to catch the ball with their hands and high point passes. They have the ability to be a “ok” football team but currently they are a bad football team after last nights loss

I was also at this lex game yesterday. You are correct about lex having some athletes but dang do their receivers need to learn how to catch the ball with their hands and high point passes. They have the ability to be a “ok” football team but currently they are a bad football team after last nights loss
What type of offense was Lexington using? I know their new HC is from Madison, where there was a lot of power I run plays.... It sounds like they're passing more

What type of offense was Lexington using? I know their new HC is from Madison, where there was a lot of power I run plays.... It sounds like they're passing more
They were running trap and power pretty much h the whole game. Didn’t try to pass the ball much at all which is weird when they have a few 6’5” plus receivers

Perhaps Lex didn't throw the ball much because there offensive line is not good. The quarterback doesn't have much time back there. Lex may win 1-2 games this year. Ontario may win 2-3. I just hope they healthy. I think 3-4 of the basketball starting 5 were out there last night.

WEEK 2 OCC PREDICTIONS

Madison Rams over River Valley 28-7

Ashland over Marion Harding 35-7

Shelby over Lexington 28-13

Steubenville over New Philly 42-6

Mansfield over Hoover 28-17

Mount Vernon over Newark 35-6

Wadsworth over Wooster 28-20

West Holmes over Orrville 56-6

Last edited:
Wooster is very well coached. They are young and will continue to improve. If they beat Wadsworth they will likely win 7 games at a minimum. GO GENERALS!

Wooster is very well coached. They are young and will continue to improve. If they beat Wadsworth they will likely win 7 games at a minimum. GO GENERALS!
I don’t count out Wooster against anyone but it seems like most year Wadsworth just beats them by a little. Also if you say they’re young that may be the difference against a good Wadsworth team. How many Seniors does Wooster have this year? Also how many Seniors graduated from last years playoff team?