Ohio Cardinal Conference

My early prediction league record
1. west holmes 7-0 Best player in league on team but can line give time for offense? Will west Holmes drop to D4
2 Mansfield 6-1. QB was told is going to be really good but believe he is a sophomore
3 new Philadelphia 5-2. This is a solid program their fans travel hopefully gas prices won’t change that
4 Wooster 4-3 They are always near top every year. Great playoff run last year I believe lost some player to gradation
5. Ashland 3-4. I think has talent I want to see them against Norwayne
6. lexington 2-5. This team I’m not sure about this year
7. madison 1-6. With Valentin as coach I could be off I think he is one of the best coaches inOCC and that wins couple games
8. mt. Vernon 0-7. Not to be mean but could Probably be beat by East Knox most years

i will say this
week 3 new Philadelphia @ woost
week 4 Mansfield @ west Holmes
these will kinda get a feel of how league should shape out.

toughest start to schedule I would say Mansfield/ week 3 Massillon week 4 at west Holmes week 5 at new Philadelphia
I

Last edited:
Ryan - I was curious so I looked up on Calpreps.com the Mt Vernon-East Knox matchup projection over the last 10 years:
2021 East Knox 31-21
2020 Mt Vernon 21-13
2019 East Knox 31-24
2018 East Knox 28-20
2017 Mt Vernon 27-17
2016 Mt Vernon 35-8
2015 Mt Vernon 49-3
2014 Mt Vernon 49-8
2013 Mt Vernon 46-14
2012 Mt Vernon 27-17

Ryan - I was curious so I looked up on Calpreps.com the Mt Vernon-East Knox matchup projection over the last 10 years:
2021 East Knox 31-21
2020 Mt Vernon 21-13
2019 East Knox 31-24
2018 East Knox 28-20
2017 Mt Vernon 27-17
2016 Mt Vernon 35-8
2015 Mt Vernon 49-3
2014 Mt Vernon 49-8
2013 Mt Vernon 46-14
2012 Mt Vernon 27-17
No idea how they would ever come up with this but 3 wins over 10 years for a D6 team over a big D2 team I would take that

I think the league is top heavy this year. Top 4 teams could be really good...the bottom 4 might be really bad.

1. West Holmes - Top team last year, bring back the best player in the league and strong supporting class.
2. New Philly - I think they will like the new league, I see them fitting in right away.
3. Wooster - Honestly didn't know how the new coach would do last year and he did very well. The talent is always there and I think the playoff run last year pushes them forward this year.
4. Mansfield - Had a young team the last few years. Honestly if they put it together they could be anywhere in the top 4 of the league.

5-8 Mt Vernon - Ashland - Lexington- Madison. Honestly don't know what to do with any of these teams. 3 of the 4 have new head coaches, the other fired there whole supporting staff. I don't expect much from any of them. My bold prediction of the year, as a life long Ashland fan I will be surprised if they win more then 2 games.

New Philadelphia has some pretty long trips in this conference. Too bad they and Dover could not form something with some southern Stark County schools. I know they've tried and not many options...most I guess either too small or too large.

If Alliance, Marlington, West Branch and a few others weren't so uptight with Louisville, a nice league could include: Alliance, Marlington, Louisville, West Branch, Dover, New Philadelphia, maybe 2 from Tuscarawas county? Travel would be 1 hour or less rather than 1 1/2 plus.

It’s a ways but teams travel out of conference all of the time to play games that are that far away

Im excited to see what Valentine can do with Madison this season. Im not saying I expect much but Madison Does return alot of their team and Valentine is a great coach. If he can turn them around quick they may have a ok season. Shelby loses a ton from last years team including all of their best players. Its really not unrealistic to think that they could start 3-0. With Shelby losing so much and River Valley and Ontario just being ok teams. However the OCC will be a different story. Tops I could see them winning in the OCC would be 3 games against Mount Vernon, Lexington and Possibly Ashland which they played tough last year. The rest of the OCC is going to be Brutal.

OCC Predictions:

1. Mansfield- If they get the Oline together this year and that QB has developed Mansfield could be scary. They could be as good as 9-1 with no chance of beating Massillon.

2. West Holmes- Not sure how much they return this year but if they return a bunch they will also be very scary again.

3. Wooster- Last season Woosters new Coach got them playing well especially in the Playoffs. Again not sure on how much they return but Im sure they will have another decent team.

4. New Philly- New comers in the league with a decent record last year. I would say they will be better then the rest.

5. Madison- I think that Valentines presents alone will make them a better team. Madison does return quite a bit from last years team. Valentine is the type of coach that could turn things around year one. Only time will tell. If he can’t do it no one will be able to.

Ashland- with a bad season last year I think it will only get worse before it gets better. Its really weird to think Ashland could be at the bottom of the OCC but the current coach just isn’t the answer.

Mount Vernon- Just because Lexington will have a new coach that lacks experience as a head football coach.

Lexington- probably going to be a very long season in Lexingtonthis year unless im missing something.

WH brings back about 80% of their team. Their starting QB this year is probably better then last year. Sam Williams Dixon is probably the best player in the league and is a top 25 player in the state. Ranked the # 27 running back in the country for the junior class. WH might be better this year than last year

WH brings back about 80% of their team. Their starting QB this year is probably better then last year. Sam Williams Dixon is probably the best player in the league and is a top 25 player in the state. Ranked the # 27 running back in the country for the junior class. WH might be better this year than last year
Is this the kid from Loudonville?

OCC Predictions:

Lexington- probably going to be a very long season in Lexingtonthis year unless im missing something.
Did Lexington really hire their new head coach from Madison? When was the last year Madison had a season above .500?

My occ statements I will stand by until proven wrong.

West Holmes will for sure take #1. They return a lot and the backup quarterback seems to be better then Clark.

people I know within Mansfield program say they do not have a answer at quarterback.

New Philadelphia is new to me so I have no comment.

wooster ties for 2nd or 3rd.

madison will go 500

ashland and mt Vernon with 2-3 wins.

lexington with 1 win.

Yeah. He has offers from WV, Rutgers, Iowa State, Kentucky, Ball State, and Akron. I’m sure I am missing some

Toledo, and possibly recently Kent State

WH should be as strong as last year. QB Wolfe probably isnt as good on his feet as Clark, but has the better arm. Though in Wolfe's time to shine last year he really impressed me on his feet, so maybe I'm wrong.

West Holmes will for sure take #1. They return a lot and the backup quarterback seems to be better then Clark.

people I know within Mansfield program say they do not have a answer at quarterback.

madison will go 500

lexington with 1 win.
I wouldn’t say they don’t have an answer at QB. Duke is a very good Athlete thats like 6’4or 6’5. He can throw the ball and run but does have some accuracy issues sometimes. However talking to multiple people in the Tyger community he does work very hard to improve. We shall see how that Translates this fall. He will have some very good and tall Athletes to throw to. The biggest Issue is the Oline. I’ve heard the Oline should be better this year then last but we will see. If Mansfield sures up those two positions they will be very tough this season. They have a couple big boys in the backfield this season. You should expect to see the thicker bradley boy in the backfield this season. He just ran a 4.6 40 at Miami Ohio. How many return for Wooster from last years team?

madison will go 500

lexington with 1 win.
Why do you think Madison wins 5 games this season?

madison will go 500

lexington with 1 win.
Bro. Really? They've won 1 game since 2017. 1-42 to be exact. I know they have a new coach,
but show me where they are getting 5 wins with this schedule.

08/19 A Shelby L
08/26 H Caledonia River Valley ??
09/02 H Ontario ??
09/09 H Wooster L
09/16 A Millersburg West Holmes L
09/23 H Ashland L
09/30 A New Philadelphia L
10/07 H Mount Vernon ??
10/14 A Lexington L
10/21 H Mansfield Senior L

My prediction: 1-9 (they'll beat Ontario & lose somewhat close games to RV and MV)

Last edited:
Bro. Really? They've won 1 game since 2017. 1-42 to be exact. I know they have a new coach,
but show me where they are getting 5 wins with this schedule.

08/19 A Shelby L
08/26 H Caledonia River Valley ??
09/02 H Ontario ??
09/09 H Wooster L
09/16 A Millersburg West Holmes L
09/23 H Ashland L
09/30 A New Philadelphia L
10/07 H Mount Vernon ??
10/14 A Lexington L
10/21 H Mansfield Senior L

My prediction: 1-9 (they'll beat Ontario & lose somewhat close games to RV and MV)
Shelby literally Returns 1 player on defense and what 3-4 on offense. Not saying Madison for sure beats them but should be a good game.

River Valley- Madison lost to them by one TD with a horrible coach. I imagine Valentine will get them the W

Ontario- If Madison doesnt beat them I will lose all hope for the season.

Wooster- going to be tough but anything can happen. Valentine knows how to change a program

West Holmes- going to be t

Ashland- they will have their Worst team since Seder took over. Madison only lost 20-7 I believe last year with a horrible coach. I think Valentine gets them up for this game and they come away with a W

New Philly- honestly they were just decent last year. Never know if Valentine gets things turned around quick maybe a good game

Mount Vernon- I believe Madison wins this 28-14

Lexington- Hired a Madison Coach that Madison wouldn’t have hired. Even Lexington Fans are saying they will be lucky to Win. Madison 35-14

Mansfield- You can’t ever count Madison out in this game. Look at two years ago Madison beat them. Also Mansfield has Talent this year but the QB has Accuracy problems. Also their line play hasn’t been the best

Shelby literally Returns 1 player on defense and what 3-4 on offense. Not saying Madison for sure beats them but should be a good game.

River Valley- Madison lost to them by one TD with a horrible coach. I imagine Valentine will get them the W

Wooster- going to be tough but anything can happen. Valentine knows how to change a program

Ashland- they will have their Worst team since Seder took over. Madison only lost 20-7 I believe last year with a horrible coach. I think Valentine gets them up for this game and they come away with a W

New Philly- honestly they were just decent last year. Never know if Valentine gets things turned around quick maybe a good game

Lexington- Hired a Madison Coach that Madison wouldn’t have hired. Even Lexington Fans are saying they will be lucky to Win. Madison 35-14

Mansfield- You can’t ever count Madison out in this game. Look at two years ago Madison beat them. Also Mansfield has Talent this year but the QB has Accuracy problems. Also their line play hasn’t been the best
Mostly spot on! Without Goofball at the helm we left 3 wins easy on the table and everyone in the stadiums knew where blame was to lay…. He had no clue about game management and wasted so many TO or burnt time before using 1. It was embarrassing he was left in charge of any team!

Sounds like Valentine can walk on water!

I see you're a Madison grad. Your response is to be expected. We shall soon see. I wish the best of luck to the Rams. My dad is a graduate of Madison HS.

So you're predicting them to end up 5-5 or maybe even 6-4?

Last edited: