Northwest Ohio Realignment

Helicopter parents are not a good thing.
Correct, but parents who at least give a damn about their child’s future and are willing to be involved in order to help the kid get to where they want to is probably the type of people East is referring to. Too many parents nowadays either sadly don’t have time because of needing to put food on the table, or simply are indifferent about what happens to their children.

Correct, but parents who at least give a damn about their child’s future and are willing to be involved in order to help the kid get to where they want to is probably the type of people East is referring to. Too many parents nowadays either sadly don’t have time because of needing to put food on the table, or simply are indifferent about what happens to their children.
Which is what I said, not what east said.

Parents involved in their child's education are being responsible citizens. Parents being involved in the school system are a-holes.

They're responsible citizens, communist. :D Yeah I get there's a segment of the public education system that would prefer the public hand over the money blindly. That nevers goes well once those getting the free money realize no one is watching.

Was told Vanlue has 11 players and they are playing 11 man. Clearly they lack any kind of common sense there.
What is wrong will the adults at that school. No way is that safe and no way they will make it to week 3 let alone full season. Imagine the pressure on the kids to play when hurt or concussed. If kids tweak an ankle can't even take a play off to get is wrapped.

What is wrong will the adults at that school. No way is that safe and no way they will make it to week 3 let alone full season. Imagine the pressure on the kids to play when hurt or concussed. If kids tweak an ankle can't even take a play off to get is wrapped.
Just going on the people that I know from Vanlue this is not surprising.

There’s no way Vanlue plays a single game. All schools should look for replacement games and say the contract with Vanlue is voided

A parent should step in and tell them, "You are not allowed to play football because I say so."

Absolutely. If I was a parent and heard they were doing that, my child wouldn't be playing. Especially if they were a freshman or sophomore.

One rolled ankle and they forfeit that game. One concussion or broken bone and they forfeit the season. Absolutely ridiculous.

Parents involved in their child's education are being responsible citizens. Parents being involved in the school system are a-holes.
Agreed! It’s affected the climate negatively in so many ways with sports. Parents need to be helpful and spectators, too often that cross that line. As a ref and former coach the amount of times I’ve had to get a cop involved the last few years is far too many

Once again, the BOE/Super/Principal stepping in is a no-brainer. The meddle in stuff any other time.

But how about the league? Where is that leadership to say enough is enough? How can any team in the league want to deal with this? I mean, a helmet comes off and they don’t have enough kids to play for at least one down.

Absolutely. If I was a parent and heard they were doing that, my child wouldn't be playing. Especially if they were a freshman or sophomore.

One rolled ankle and they forfeit that game. One concussion or broken bone and they forfeit the season. Absolutely ridiculous.
You don't need 11 to finish the game.

You guys could be onto something.

I can see Vanlue in 2030 running out a team of 3, just because their pride won't let them stop.
Umm, that could very well be 2021 for them.

Just wait - they’ll be getting beat 56-0 at halftime and someone will be outraged at the lack of “sportsmanship” from the opponent.

Ridgemont

Attachments

• 1DB39E48-5564-45A3-9BDB-76DA2C66A5C8.png
    1DB39E48-5564-45A3-9BDB-76DA2C66A5C8.png
    508.8 KB · Views: 33
Ridgemont, Ridgedale and then McComb. Schools should probably be scheduling a replacement game.
Changed my mind, schools should just wait and see what happens. If Vanlue ends up screwing some schools out of a game, MAYBE the BVC will finally take some action. Maybe...