Northwest Ohio Football Talk

I am just asking how one public school taking a stud athlete from another public school, plus the money that follows is any different than Vouchers?

I am just asking how one public school taking a stud athlete from another public school, plus the money that follows is any different than Vouchers?
Because public schools have to take everyone in their district and anyone who open enrolls as long as there’s room.

You can’t only take kids who are good at sports or school…

Because public schools have to take everyone in their district and anyone who open enrolls as long as there’s room.

You can’t only take kids who are good at sports or school…
I fixed it for you.

Places like Central still have tuition payers to raise the overall GPA but the facts do not lie. You can even find one on the NBC thread talking $chit about his home district. Central has zero interest in educating their athletic voucher scholarship kids. As long as they are eligible for football and basketball who gives a F right?

29% math score.

Whether they are wealthy or not, it's still just ONE family.
Do you really want me to name more?? The one I mentioned is filthy rich and a big advocate in NW Ohio, so it makes NLLBest's comment naive. A lot of legacy families still go to CCHS and with the revitalization of Downtown Toledo, it's going to be the premiere school for years to come in the Toledo community.

Do you really want me to name more?? The one I mentioned is filthy rich and a big advocate in NW Ohio, so it makes NLLBest's comment naive. A lot of legacy families still go to CCHS and with the revitalization of Downtown Toledo, it's going to be the premiere school for years to come in the Toledo community.
From a distance it seems like we're always hearing about the revitalization of Downtown Toledo. Probably just me.

I fixed it for you.

Places like Central still have tuition payers to raise the overall GPA but the facts do not lie. You can even find one on the NBC thread talking $chit about his home district. Central has zero interest in educating their athletic voucher scholarship kids. As long as they are eligible for football and basketball who gives a F right?

29% math score.
Good cross out and bolding to "school."

With regard,

Cardale J
(I don't go to Ohio State to play School)

Because public schools have public boards the public can go to when they have issues or concerns. Something a person can go to, whether they send their kid to that public school or even to the private school. They still have a say in voting for who is on the BOE, the policies....

Because the conservatives amongst us don't feel our taxes should be used as pork for votes from failing private school supporters. It's a private, exclusionary business in name and in operation. We provide roads. They provide the pricing and services to remain in business.

Because if a neighborhood public goes under once they've lost the synergy and population needed for education and society to function, it's not the demographic the private allows in their doors that is harmed and loses education, it's the poorest and the most excluded that lose, that now have to find means to haul their kids half-way across town.

Because vouchers have escalated the stratification and divisiveness of society.

Because the private schools' pimps say they need vouchers blaming public "unions" for failing when the reality is, if you exclude the numbers of the ones the private schools will not allow in their doors, even the poorest performing urban public is kicking the private school's tail or at the least holding their own.

Because the general public schools honor ALL God's children. Neither an academic nor athletic test required for entrance. They are mandated to make a place for everyone and that should not be put under threat.

Thank you for providing opportunity to clarify some of the differences between public and private school mandates.

From a distance it seems like we're always hearing about the revitalization of Downtown Toledo. Probably just me.

There's no population from downtown under any level of revitalization that will provide a significant student aged population. I've no idea what bucc is thinking there. At the best, they might build more county homes. These would be populated by families that local private schools do not open doors to.