Northwest Ohio Football Talk

Is there supposed to be a rule change in effect for competitive balance? Someone told me CC will go down to D3 because of it, which I highly doubt considering enrollment is making somewhat of an upward trend in the past 2-3 years.

Is there supposed to be a rule change in effect for competitive balance? Someone told me CC will go down to D3 because of it, which I highly doubt considering enrollment is making somewhat of an upward trend in the past 2-3 years.
No new rules

CC drops to D3 R10!!! Woah! Did not see that coming. Was looking forward to see how R6 would’ve played out this year…

Something seems hinky. That's all I got.
I agree with you. I know there have been some "they're holding back enrollment" comments in terms of this before, but a school in CC's position cannot afford to pull a move like that just for football. CC has always been on the border of D2/D3 but the past two years have seen a nice upward trend in enrollment.

What numbers do they use for this year's enrollment? 2022 and 2023 classes were both the smallest classes in the building as seniors. Wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with that?

Edit: looking like they are using 2021-22 enrollment for 11-12? Makes a bit more sense as to where CC is. CC will probably move up back to D2 within the next year or 2.

I agree with you. I know there have been some "they're holding back enrollment" comments in terms of this before, but a school in CC's position cannot afford to pull a move like that just for football. CC has always been on the border of D2/D3 but the past two years have seen a nice upward trend in enrollment.
What upward trend? Do you have any data? They are DIII with CB, which means they are dropping enrollment.

In 2012 CC had 345 boys.
In 2015 CC had 257 boys.
In 2022 CC had 219 boys.

How voucher kids perform at CC and Washington Local.

The voucher kids ain't going to CC for the math classes but who gives a F as long as the state allows you to use them for the big, strong, fast kids who excel at sports. :ROFLMAO:

1683158664886.png

1683158799502.png

What upward trend? Do you have any data? They are DIII with CB, which means they are dropping enrollment.

In 2012 CC had 345 boys.
In 2015 CC had 257 boys.
In 2022 CC had 219 boys.
Is this with just 11-12 numbers? I looked at ODE and they count 252 for 2021 and 282 for October 2022.

This is the website I was using: https://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Data/Frequently-Requested-Data/Enrollment-Data

Willing to eat crow if I am wrong. Just have had a lot of conversations about how CC has gotten their largest frosh class in a while. Regardless they will be back in D2 within the next year or two.

Is this with just 11-12 numbers? I looked at ODE and they count 252 for 2021 and 282 for October 2022.

This is the website I was using: https://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Data/Frequently-Requested-Data/Enrollment-Data

Willing to eat crow if I am wrong. Just have had a lot of conversations about how CC has gotten their largest frosh class in a while. Regardless they will be back in D2 within the next year or two.
9-11 from previous year is what OHSAA uses. It is based on ODE numbers (from previous year).

Serious question, could TCC survive without vouchers?
The real answer is probably not. Out of 219 boys CC had a CB factor of 144 which means of that 219, 72 boys (10-12) are using vouchers. The loss of vouchers would also compound the issue of being able to use those vouchers as athletic scholarships so their football and basketball teams would suffer mightily. IMO they'd be closed and Dempsey would have 1 state title.

Just have had a lot of conversations about how CC has gotten their largest frosh class in a while. Regardless they will be back in D2 within the next year or two.
This is correct.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, folks. IB, the best part about you is you rep the Irish in your username, love it! Haters gonna hate.

Because if you live in Toledo and have money to send your kids to private school you aren’t choosing Central? 10 years ago, maybe.
I am surprised anyone without a voucher sends their kids to TCC since it has nearly turned into another TPS school with its heavy reliance on vouchers to survive. I think if vouchers ended they would end up with more non-voucher kids but not nearly as many voucher kids they would lose.

Why is public school open enrollment ok?

Separate debate. Can you quote someone saying it is ok? Not OK? Some strawman you made up to try and detract? You're missing the difference?

Why are you presuming the answer instead of just asking for the opinions?

One of the wealthiest families in all of NW Ohio still sends their kids to CCHS, so you were saying?
Is that the one had the big lawsuit because someone wasn't sharing? In the financial management biz?

Having a rich family is probably something even every TPS school can claim. We don't all presume they all have sticks up their money holes. IDK why you would seem to think it is an accomplishment. Reality though: most of the money has moved on to schools other than Central. NLLBest is correct in that and it began LONG before 10 years ago. They migrated as did the rest of the money.

While it would have been nice if Central/Woodward/Scott alums had made effort to keep up the surrounding neighborhood by investing in it instead of turning it rentals and public money grabs, those alums aren't doing any different than alums from every school, private or public. Being an Eastsider, I know there are still many hand-me downs within families but then the number of upper income type houses has always been just a few on this side of the river. Unlike some of the very nice properties around Central. It would have been a boon to the inner city if old Central/Woodward alums had kept interest. Maybe the downtown revival will extend.

Last edited: