Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Struthers

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Lakeview

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Hubbard

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
I commented earlier in the season on how horrible these announcers are on the Girard YSN feed. I'm assuming they are either volunteers, or very low-paid high school kids, or college age...? They constantly guess wrong on penalty calls. They talk about potential situations that never materialize, they can't correctly identify the yardage on long TD's, etc., etc. Now in this wild 4th quarter of a back-and-forth game they are literally slap-happy delirious, laughing at their own stupidity. HELP !

Niles has some soul searching to do between now and next Friday. We’re going to find out if South Range has just ascended to another level just in time for the playoffs or if Niles is going to have a tough time closing out the year. It’s not necessarily one thing or the other but next week will say a lot about Niles. I want to be optimistic for now since Niles hung in there with Poland. Regardless, good on South Range for basically securing the league title and I’m not ready just yet to crown Perry in the region.

Niles starting to get pressure on Toy. Two sacks in last couple series.
Raiders get a big run before end of half. SR at 4 yd line 1st and goal with less than minute.
Toy scores. 35-0 at half.

Announcer said there are 67,000 people watching the YSN games tonight?
That’s a joke! Maybe for the season that many people watching. 😂

Nothing set in stone, and I see Struthers and Poland as a Toss up right now, and would virtually swap the seeds of those 2.

Niles beating Struthers would get them a home game.

Hubbard seems that they’ll hold on to sneak in

girard is a very dangerous first round matchup for anyone with the offensive firepower and having bengala back next week

Attachments

• IMG_6957.jpeg
    IMG_6957.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 45
Just a quick question, what WAS the final at Niles last night. Every TV and media outlet has it 48-14. Not that it matters, but did they all get it wrong?

Just a quick question, what WAS the final at Niles last night. Every TV and media outlet has it 48-14. Not that it matters, but did they all get it wrong?
I thought it was 49-14 when I turned to the Poland/Girard game.
I really wish someone in the NE8 site kept stats and box scores. It looks like each team is responsible for updating their own W/L records.

Last edited:
SR basically locked into the 2 seed.

lakeview can jump up with a win over BL
Beaver Local might finish 6-4 with all four losses coming to NE8 schools. If Beaver Local had any thoughts of considering joining the conference, this year probably changed some minds. Their slate of NE8 games also excluded three teams that would surely be losses. Lakeview-Beaver Local could go either way but the point remains.

Beaver Local might finish 6-4 with all four losses coming to NE8 schools. If Beaver Local had any thoughts of considering joining the conference, this year probably changed some minds. Their slate of NE8 games also excluded three teams that would surely be losses. Lakeview-Beaver Local could go either way but the point remains.
This is unfortunate as gaining another viable team into the already competitive NE8 would just increase the value of each game even more and make winning the title even more special. The NE8 really is a fantastic league. We are all lucky to be a part of it.

I heard that they were so confused lmao
I watched that play over and over again and still couldn't figure out what anybody was doing or saying.
It's a good thing they weren't working a close game or they could screw somebody over.
A real clown show 🤡on Friday.

I try to watch as many games as I can before they go away.
The cameras on many games are blurred by the cameraman or are moving all over the place. Like they were drunk or something.

An example of what you sometimes see:

1696793649631.png

Thanks, I was switching between the S.R.- Niles and Girard-Poland games and missed it. I was distracted by the riveting play by play of the Girard announcers.
I was tempted to go back this morning on YSN and re-watch the Girard-Poland game...just for the laughs...but found out that it would cost me $2.99. Nope! It was a crazy game, back and forth, especially in the 4th quarter, and listening to those 2 guys make fools of themselves was like watching a slow-motion train wreck -- just too irresistible to turn it off. Plus the game was hanging in the balance, with Girard on Poland's 3-yard line with a 4th-and-1 or -2, and the clock inside of 30 seconds. Unfortunately, my Indians failed to convert and the game was over. :(