MVL 2022

How can you say Butler has a bunch of athletes? The have no size on the lines. They haven't had an above the average RB or QB in years. Etc.

Some people put all the blame on the football coach for not allowing baseball players to play football, even though a half a dozen do. Maybe the whole team needs to play.
You don’t know football. I know that there are athletes on that team and there is a RB that averaged 11 YPC last Friday night. This is typically why Butler has a poor program, parents or fans like you.

It’s D2 and D3, not like we are comparing schools in D1 and D4. Troy is a fairly large program for D2. Tipp is a smaller D3 school. The simple facts are that since 2000 Tipp has made almost double the amount of playoffs that Troy has and have more than double the amount of playoffs wins, directly refuting what TroyTrojans05 and HomeRunsNDunks said.
Troy was D1 for over half that time and was playing the likes of Centerville in GWOC cross-overs. Tipp meanwhile didn't even join the CBC until what, 2006? Not an apples-to-apples comparison at all.

But whatever, you're right, Tipp rules, Troy stinks, Burgbacher is better than Ryan Day, etc. etc.

This week's AP state polls:

Xenia ranked #5 in Division II
Tippecanoe ranked #2 in Division III
Piqua #16 (receiving 12 votes) in Division II

Fun matchup in terms of polls this week for Tipp-Xenia, although obviously those rankings are a bit unrealistic (especially in Tipp's case)

Troy was D1 for over half that time and was playing the likes of Centerville in GWOC cross-overs. Tipp meanwhile didn't even join the CBC until what, 2006? Not an apples-to-apples comparison at all.

But whatever, you're right, Tipp rules, Troy stinks, Burgbacher is better than Ryan Day, etc. etc.
That’s totally what I said! Nice fallacy!

Tipp's kicker, Jackson Kleather, committed to Bowling Green on a full scholarship. That'll mean Tipp will have 2 FBS scholarship kickers (Ben Sauls is currently at Pitt) at the same time. Funny how Tipp has had a solid football program for so long, but the only two FBS scholarship players they've ever produced are a pair of kickers (had a few FCS Ivy League and FBS PWOs from what I can recall)

Tipp's kicker, Jackson Kleather, committed to Bowling Green on a full scholarship. That'll mean Tipp will have 2 FBS scholarship kickers (Ben Sauls is currently at Pitt) at the same time. Funny how Tipp has had a solid football program for so long, but the only two FBS scholarship players they've ever produced are a pair of kickers (had a few FCS Ivy League and FBS PWOs from what I can recall)
There were many, many years that Tipp wasn’t good. Until the early 90s they had not won a conference title in like 30+ years.
Burgbacher ushered in the current Tipp program. But, yea, Tipp has far less than even Milton or Covington.

Kicker U lol, we also had a kicker go to UD I believe like 10 years ago. From what I’ve heard, if Stanley Clyne had been playing football his whole career he would be a lock for D1. He almost got an offer from a MAC school at a camp this summer, but this is his first time playing football since middle school. Heck of a basketball player to

Kicker U lol, we also had a kicker go to UD I believe like 10 years ago. From what I’ve heard, if Stanley Clyne had been playing football his whole career he would be a lock for D1. He almost got an offer from a MAC school at a camp this summer, but this is his first time playing football since middle school. Heck of a basketball player to
Yep, Kyle Pignatiello was UD's starting punter for a few years..

Then there's also Jordan Beighle, who was 2nd team All-Ohio in 2007, and I think walked on at Ohio U before transferring around a bit.

Some of that goes hand-in-hand with Tipp having a very good soccer program, although Pignatiello wasn't a soccer guy.

Congrats to #15, Kaiden Bates, on getting his first varsity td last night for Butler. Kid played tough. Congrats to Butler. That was a fun game to watch.

Looking forward to hearing how the Tipp/Xenia game plays out. Could set the tone for Tipp with toughest part of the schedule starting. And could put Xenia on cruise control with a win heading in to the Playoffs.

So from the looks of it, Xenia is by far #1. Piqua and decent margin Tipp. Tipp is about to get 50 pieced by Xenia as of right now. Xenia atmosphere is electric.

Can Xenia challenge in R8? What a marvelous run they’re on.

So from the looks of it, Xenia is by far #1. Piqua and decent margin Tipp. Tipp is about to get 50 pieced by Xenia as of right now. Xenia atmosphere is electric.

Can Xenia challenge in R8? What a marvelous run they’re on.

Xenia is pretty tough. They’ve got a few great playmakers. And Lasalle is down. Only problem is Winton Woods is the defending champs and Kings is legit. Those 2 are going to be tough to beat. But not impossible

Tipp proved last night that this league is Xenia and Tipp then everybody else. A lot can still happen though
Eh, I'm a Tipp fan, but I still would give the edge to Piqua in that matchup. I understand the transitive property would say differently, but we all know using that solely as the reason to say Tipp is better than Piqua is silly given how Tipp and Piqua have played in recent years. They'll settle that on the field though.

Tipp did a great job battling through a rough start defensively and capitalizing on Xenia mistakes for a bit last night. If they can keep that up, they may be better than I thought.