MVL 2022

Sidney may have lost last night but it wasn’t because of Myles Vordemark. Wow.
7A413A05-C173-4459-9ABB-0DB93BDE8D1B.jpeg

Eh, I'm a Tipp fan, but I still would give the edge to Piqua in that matchup. I understand the transitive property would say differently, but we all know using that solely as the reason to say Tipp is better than Piqua is silly given how Tipp and Piqua have played in recent years. They'll settle that on the field though.

Tipp did a great job battling through a rough start defensively and capitalizing on Xenia mistakes for a bit last night. If they can keep that up, they may be better than I thought.
No, It’s not based on transitive property although that does help. It’s based on matchups and I said it a few weeks ago. Tipp matches up far better with Piqua than they do with Xenia. The fact that Tipp was able to almost beat Xenia strengthens my belief that Tipp will beat Piqua. But as you said, it will settle itself on the field

Tipp proved a lot last night. That was a great game and to get beat by a bigger school is no embarrassment. Great game by both.

Was at the Tipp-Xenia game last night, the "best run defense in the MVL" got pushed around last night. When the game was on the line and everyone knew that Xenia was running the ball and who was running the ball, Xenia ran the ball and their was nothing Tipp could do about it. Sanders ran for 190 by himself, Xenia as a team ran for 248.

I said in the Xenia-Tipp thread that if Xenia gave Tipp a window they was good enough to snowball them into a loss. Xenia almost let them do that, they had a really nice 4 mins of the 2nd half that got them back into the game. I think the only people in the entire stadium who didn't know Tipp was going to onside kick was the Xenia coaching staff. I think Tipp screwed up after getting the tie, by not kicking the ball back to the kid who fumbled the ball on the kickoff before. Instead they kicked it into the endzone for the touchback. They had Xenia on tilt and could have gotten another turnover.

There must be something about the Xenia cadence because they got Tipp to jump offsides a few times, which they also got Piqua to do quite a bit. I won't be attending any games this coming weekend, we are going on vacation and will be back on Saturday. Good luck to everyone!

Xenia was a good game for the Devils, but they (Xenia) underestimated them. Tipp snuck up. Piqua was the big dog going in and Xenia gave them 110%.
Piqua vs Tipp should be a war.

I don’t agree. Piqua had a disastrous game but they are right there. You still have to play them too so I’d be careful
Yeah Piqua is definitely there, and the two still have to play but based on what’s happened so far that’s my assessment. Piqua was shutout by Xenia and Tipp lost by 5.

Tipp @ Troy is clearly the best MVL game on the slate this coming Friday. I think Troy could make it interesting with Tipp if they play their best game, and keep it close or maybe even pull it out like Sidney did in the first half with Tipp.

Other than that, Xenia, Piqua & Sidney should all win easily. Stebbins/Fairborn feels like Stebbins should win if Norton is healthy, but both teams seem hit or miss this year.

Brock Short of Greenville needs about 280 rushing yards to break the school single season record. I'll be shocked if he gets it this week, but barring injury, he should blow past it before season's end.

Brock Short of Greenville needs about 280 rushing yards to break the school single season record. I'll be shocked if he gets it this week, but barring injury, he should blow past it before season's end.
I see he only got 372 yards against West Carrollton. I'm surprised he didn't get at least 500 with what I've seen of their defense.

With Greenville playing Piqua this week and Tipp week 10, Brock migt have his work cut out to gain 280 yards.
How many yards did he gain against Xenia?

Last edited:
Tipp @ Troy is clearly the best MVL game on the slate this coming Friday. I think Troy could make it interesting with Tipp if they play their best game, and keep it close or maybe even pull it out like Sidney did in the first half with Tipp.

Other than that, Xenia, Piqua & Sidney should all win easily. Stebbins/Fairborn feels like Stebbins should win if Norton is healthy, but both teams seem hit or miss this year.
I expect Tipp to have their way with Troy. At the beginning of the year I would say differently. But they just aren't there yet. But I've been wrong before! We shall see.

I give Tipp the edge over Troy, mainly because Troy has no passing game,and Tipp's QB making something happen. Troy's defense was solid against Sidney because they doubled Reynolds and they shut down the running game,and Sidney makes no adjustments until the 4th quarter when they hit Foster-Wheeler for 93 yards opposite the double team of Reynolds. Sidneys offense handicaps itself by never running the QB and never throwing to the tight end,and with very few counters,all eyes on defense focused on the tail back. I expect Tipp's defense will adjust to Troy's unbalanced line,something Sidney didn't do.

Next week I give Piqua the edge over Tipp because of their ability to pass, but I expect a close game.

I give Tipp the edge over Troy, mainly because Troy has no passing game,and Tipp's QB making something happen. Troy's defense was solid against Sidney because they doubled Reynolds and they shut down the running game,and Sidney makes no adjustments until the 4th quarter when they hit Foster-Wheeler for 93 yards opposite the double team of Reynolds. Sidneys offense handicaps itself by never running the QB and never throwing to the tight end,and with very few counters,all eyes on defense focused on the tail back. I expect Tipp's defense will adjust to Troy's unbalanced line,something Sidney didn't do.

Next week I give Piqua the edge over Tipp because of their ability to pass, but I expect a close game.
I like your view on Sidney's games. Spot on what's wrong with are offense. Also with the defense never making adjustments.

With us supposedly running this gun-t, we have to be able to run the QB up the middle after facking the buck sweep or sweep. It's so easy for a LB to tell were the ball is going against are offense.

Also like you said we have to throw to the TE but the TE's we have aren't pass catchers. Heck I think that's why we scored on the long pass last week
We rarely throw to anyone except the two receivers.

Tipp @ Troy tonight should be a good game. Hope to see a good crowd. I’m starting think this conference needs to break up into 2 separate conferences. Not really sure where to draw the cut off line or what schools would need to be added.

Tipp @ Troy tonight should be a good game. Hope to see a good crowd. I’m starting think this conference needs to break up into 2 separate conferences. Not really sure where to draw the cut off line or what schools would need to be added.
The conference is fine as is. There isn't really additional schools that make a ton of sense geographically or athletically. The closest comparable schools are too far south and fit better in the SWBL, or are private schools. Any other schools in the area are too small.

Schools will get bigger/smaller and better/worse athletically over the years. I think it's probably more important to keep schools in nearby communities in the same conference rather than setting up long bus drives.