MVL 2022

Curious to hear your source on this? My kids tell me Coach Sutherland is a really good coach! Hearing he has COMPLETELY turned around the struggling track program in Year 1! Kids told me the past track coach was a little immature & didn’t know how to coach! A PE teacher at the school who doesn’t get along with a lot of people. Sounds like a personal problem. I’ve seen a lot of records being broken this year on my Twitter feed! If he can turn around a struggling track program in a single year, what’s to say he wouldn’t be a good interim Head Coach for football?
I find this statement very odd. My kid had that track coach and loved him along with his teammates. I believe the previous boys coach was only here for 4 or 5 years and had a few conference championships and a District title or runner up title. In high school athletics, I think every team can be down a year or two but the previous coach said the team was going to be really good this year at the team's end of the season banquet last year. As for records, the previous coach also laid out all of the records broken each year at the teams banquet. My son probably has the printouts still where he kept each kids pr and gave everyone updated top ten records. I just don't think social media was his thing but that doesn't mean records weren't being broken every year. I know he had kids going to state every season and that speaks volumes. Didn't the new boys coach switch over from the girls team and take over the boys knowing they would be good? I know my kid really enjoyed the previous coach along with the rest of his teammates. I think someone stating that the track team was completely turned around based off twitter probably never followed the track team. I know that coach was dedicated and at every practice, fundraiser and workout for those kids. This post seems like a personal attack on the guy to make the previous girls coach, now boys coach feel more accomplished; hopefully I am wrong in saying that. I am pretty sure he was pretty open with the team about his wife's battle with cancer so attacking a coach that was good to my kid and always had the boys best interests in mind seems pretty petty.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious that people are complaining about the conversation regarding Vandalia's coaching search. What else is a League Thread for?

Every other conference/league that has a coaching opening has significant chatter; even if they're a bottom feeder in the league.

Don't want the talk, bring up another topic. Or, better yet, don't click on the thread.

Hyatt wasn’t a suck up he was a professional. He faced the same “issues” that these other coaches faced and he persuveered. You may have an axe to grind there but he is an under rated coach. People still talk about what he did at Bradford and he was building something special at Vandalia. Just didn’t have the number or talent but it was building. Bad parents ran him out. Three coaches later he don’t look to bad does he? He’s a PJ Fleck style of coach and demands accountability but he was classy and did not cuss kids out. But enough about that I don’t want to be accused of being him again.
If you are not him then you are someone real close to Hyatt. He had good numbers and talent, he had almost 20 kids per grade and they were full of talent. Just because he looked like PJ Fleck does not mean he was like PJ Fleck. He talked a good game but could not handle what it takes to be a HC. Just because you quote what good coaches say does not make you a good coach. The players, coaches and parents did not respect him. Parents who cares, but when your players know you are full of then the program will never grow. Plus he was a narcissist and he liked the school girls a little to much.

I find this statement very odd. My kid had that track coach and loved him along with his teammates. I believe the previous boys coach was only here for 4 or 5 years and had a few conference championships and a District title or runner up title. In high school athletics, I think every team can be down a year or two but the previous coach said the team was going to be really good this year at the team's end of the season banquet last year. As for records, the previous coach also laid out all of the records broken each year at the teams banquet. My son probably has the printouts still where he kept each kids pr and gave everyone updated top ten records. I just don't think social media was his thing but that doesn't mean records weren't being broken every year. I know he had kids going to state every season and that speaks volumes. Didn't the new boys coach switch over from the girls team and take over the boys knowing they would be good? I know my kid really enjoyed the previous coach along with the rest of his teammates. I think someone stating that the track team was completely turned around based off twitter probably never followed the track team. I know that coach was dedicated and at every practice, fundraiser and workout for those kids. This post seems like a personal attack on the guy to make the previous girls coach, now boys coach feel more accomplished; hopefully I am wrong in saying that. I am pretty sure he was pretty open with the team about his wife's battle with cancer so attacking a coach that was good to my kid and always had the boys best interests in mind seems pretty petty.
Appreciate your feedback in my post, FootballUSA. I’m very glad to see a “new member” jumped on here to defend his friend. Never once did I say anything his family situation (which I had no idea about). I just was stating what I had heard about a specific individual is all I was doing. People relaying information on here all the time. No personal attacks towards anyone!

I don’t know a lot about Gueth but if Sutherland is the one what a joke!!! Cates was good, but what he left behind “Sutherland” is bad news for the team. From what I’ve heard the entire team does not want Sutherland, the coaches don’t like him, there aren’t too many parents that have any faith in him. I’ve seen a post with track being referenced and his success. The team was loaded and was expected to do well. Records would be broken without him, the girls team continues not to put up numbers which he was head coach to last year. Just because a coach throws up the success of a couple kids it doesn’t mean he’s a good choice for football. The rumors I hear about how he has handled himself since he’s come to Butler is disgusting. Making jokes about the programs, talking bad about his players and parents, inappropriate behavior with some of the kids, and feeling untouchable! Why? Because of the AD! Terrible and embarrassing!
There are a lot of good applicants for the coaching position, hopefully the AD listens to the community, kids, parents, and coaches!!!
This blame game on the AD is crazy still 😂 what in the world does the AD have to do with how a certain individual “acts”? He’s not a puppet master. And don’t you think if all of this was true, that this coach would be in the school anymore? Inappropriate behavior towards the kids? Yeah, he’d be LONG GONE by now if that was the case. I know for a fact, VB doesn’t put up with those types of situations. You can ask the previous softball coach about that if you don’t believe me

Hey now, you are known for making up some stuff on here though. AD’s office is at the board office. Butler is the only school in the MVL with an Asst AD. Just people you throw some crap on the wall & it sticks, doesn’t mean it’s “out there”.
Stop changing my words. No ADs are running transportation at their schools like you said they are all across the MVL. The AD is always at the board office, not at the high school. Everyone knows this. Others are now saying it but you dont say a thing to them.

Appreciate your feedback in my post, FootballUSA. I’m very glad to see a “new member” jumped on here to defend his friend. Never once did I say anything his family situation (which I had no idea about). I just was stating what I had heard about a specific individual is all I was doing. People relaying information on here all the time. No personal attacks towards anyone!
Right

You lied

Again

Stop changing my words. No ADs are running transportation at their schools like you said they are all across the MVL. The AD is always at the board office, not at the high school. Everyone knows this. Others are now saying it but you dont say a thing to them.
Ma’am and/or sir, I did not say any such thing. If you want, you are more than welcome to go back & look at what all I have said. But I NEVER said multiple AD’s in the MVL are running transportation. I specifically was arguing your point of why Butler is the only school who was an Asst. AD which in fact is not true (as I proved already). And show me where OTHER PEOPLE are saying he’s at the board office? I’ve only seen YOU say something about it. Everyone else just talks about how awful he is. Get your facts straight!!!

Ma’am and/or sir, I did not say any such thing. If you want, you are more than welcome to go back & look at what all I have said. But I NEVER said multiple AD’s in the MVL are running transportation. I specifically was arguing your point of why Butler is the only school who was an Asst. AD which in fact is not true (as I proved already). And show me where OTHER PEOPLE are saying he’s at the board office? I’ve only seen YOU say something about it. Everyone else just talks about how awful he is. Get your facts straight!!!
My facts are straight. Sorry if that offends you or gets you all riled up. Take an aspirin and try to relax. Your buddy the AD is about to make a huge mistake.

My facts are straight. Sorry if that offends you or gets you all riled up. Take an aspirin and try to relax. Your buddy the AD is about to make a huge mistake.
I’m all chill over on this side! Nothing to worry about there. No offense taken! If you ever have more “facts” to put on here, I’d be happy to prove you wrong again! Can’t wait to see this football hire!