MVL 2022

I’m sorry but beating Tipp is not gonna be easy, Piqua is obviously not the juggernaut we all thought them to be. Don’t get me wrong, they are still damn good, but so is Xenia and Tipp.
On another note, I think it’s safe to say Trei’Shaun Sanders is a lock to be conference player of the year. He is averaging a whopping 12 yards a carry and has 750 yards on just 62 touches. He should easily break 2,000 yards.

I'm sorry, but as long as Piqua doesn't have any major injury's they should beat Tipp by as many as they decide. I'm not getting into this debate until after week 7.

Xenia just might go 10-0

Xenia will go 10-0 providing they don't have a huge meltdown! I said before the game last night, the winner will go 10-0 and the loser will go 9-1.

I’m sorry but beating Tipp is not gonna be easy, Piqua is obviously not the juggernaut we all thought them to be. Don’t get me wrong, they are still damn good, but so is Xenia and Tipp.
On another note, I think it’s safe to say Trei’Shaun Sanders is a lock to be conference player of the year. He is averaging a whopping 12 yards a carry and has 750 yards on just 62 touches. He should easily break 2,000 yards.
The kid from Greenville may have something to say about that. We’ll see what it looks like in 3 more weeks after he goes up against the Xenia and Piqua defenses.

Tier 1: Xenia, Piqua, Tipp
Tier 2: Troy, Stebbins, Sidney
Tier 3: Butler, Fairborn, Greenville, West Carrollton
I don’t think you put anyone up with Xenia after they destroyed Piqua like that. Sorry. Tipp and Piqua belong to tier 2 and then tiers below would be tier 3-4. Tipp might catch Xenia off-guard but until then, I see them with Piqua in Tier 2.
Tier 1: Xenia
Tier 2: Piqua, Tipp
Tier 3: Troy
Tier4: everyone else.
Just my opinion.

I'm sorry, but as long as Piqua doesn't have any major injury's they should beat Tipp by as many as they decide. I'm not getting into this debate until after week 7.

Xenia will go 10-0 providing they don't have a huge meltdown! I said before the game last night, the winner will go 10-0 and the loser will go 9-1.

I definitely think Piqua is better than and should beat Tipp, but saying "by as many as they decide" is a little naïve, especially after what Xenia just did to them. Tipp is solid and should be able to compete with them for a while at the very least.

Xenia was definitely the better team but I thought Piqua looked flat and was just off on all aspects offensively defensively and had some penalties on kick and punt returns. Maybe from playing Troy last week or returning to school for the first week.

The kid from Greenville may have something to say about that. We’ll see what it looks like in 3 more weeks after he goes up against the Xenia and Piqua defenses.
I'm going to bet Short gets it. He's a stud on defense, too. He's about 100 rushing yards ahead and has way more receiving yards too.

While I agree that Troy will probably finish 7-3 or 6-4, let’s not act like Stebbins is a great team, look at the 3 teams they beat to go 3-0. Mother Teresa’s School of the Blind could have went 3-0 with that early schedule
No one seems to be saying they're great, but they've done enough the last few seasons to be treated with respect and not disregarded. You can say the exact same thing about Xenia and Piqua's first three opponents.

Sidney looked solid last night, especially on defense. Played a complete game after apparent meltdown late at Greenville last week (I didn't go to that).

West Carrollton and Fairborn should get them to 4 wins. If they can beat Stebbins and or Troy, they can get to 5 or 6.

No one seems to be saying they're great, but they've done enough the last few seasons to be treated with respect and not disregarded. You can say the exact same thing about Xenia and Piqua's first three opponents.
Have to agree. Stebbins is still a team on the rise. Not so long ago the Indians would be easily last in whatever conference they played in. Now I see them as sort of "best of the rest" in the MVL, which is a massive improvement. Piqua, Tipp, and Troy are still better programs. And Xenia (by way of a very good coach) has skipped the line to becoming a very good program. But Stebbins is right on that edge. I think they end up 6-4, which is historically good for Stebbins.

I definitely think Piqua is better than and should beat Tipp, but saying "by as many as they decide" is a little naïve, especially after what Xenia just did to them. Tipp is solid and should be able to compete with them for a while at the very least.

I respect your opinion but I disagree!

I’ve been wrong before but I think Stebbins has chance vs. Tipp Friday. Tipps defense is playing well, but the offense still has some questions IMO. Plus with Xenia the following week it would be my upset pick of the week.

Why is Greenville struggling so bad? You would think being the biggest school in a football crazy county that they would experience some level of succeess
I don't know. Only thing I can think of with those other small schools, is that they have fewer fall sports to draw from.

I’ve been wrong before but I think Stebbins has chance vs. Tipp Friday. Tipps defense is playing well, but the offense still has some questions IMO. Plus with Xenia the following week it would be my upset pick of the week.
Tipp is averaging 37 points a game, while only giving up 5 a game. Tipp has the best run defense in the league, giving up only 67 yards per game on the ground. Stebbins has the 2nd worst passing offense in the MVL. The only way a team is gonna beat Tipp is by beating them over the top, hence why Xenia is such a bad matchup for Tipp and Piqua is not. Stebbins is gonna have to throw the ball to beat Tipp and they haven’t been very successful at that this year

I don't know. Only thing I can think of with those other small schools, is that they have fewer fall sports to draw from.
If you look at programs that are strong on a regular basis, they tend to have coaches who have built strong foundations which kids and the community has bought in to. The development starts at a young age and continues through high school. In coaching, it’s more than X’s and O’s. It’s a culture. Look at a program like Piqua. Bill Nees has been there a long time and has built a program that the kids and community are well engaged in from a young age.

I can't wait for the Tipp Xenia game, battle of the two best defenses in the league. Not to diminish what Tipp has done this year, but Sidney, Butler and WC versus Fairborn, Troy and Piqua is not really a comparison. I think Xenia's offense is harder to stop than people are expecting. But this is why the game is played, anything can happen.

Tipp is now #3 in the AP Division 3 State Poll. If I am not mistaken that is their highest ranking ever. Xenia is now ranked #4 in division 2.

Last edited:
Xenia is destined for big things this year
I'm interested to see what their ceiling really is, especially come playoff time. We all saw Piqua make a nice run last year, winning 3 in the playoffs before running into Winton Woods, so I'd like to think Xenia might be capable of that as well given the right seedings. Heck, maybe Piqua gets a rematch with them at some point?

Pretty cool story, when senior football Player Gordon Haas found out that the new bleachers at Tipp had a reduced capacity, he asked the school district for permission to get portable bleachers. He then found a vendor, secured a contract and has raised over $8,000 in the last 20 hours. Here is a link to the go fund me which has a more detailed description of the cause. The portable bleachers will be delivered and installed Friday morning just in time for the game.