Jayland Walker (Akron cancels Rib, White, & Blue Festival July 1-4)

Party before country. That is both parties.
Trump became the least popular president in history, with an average popularity level of 39% according to Gallup and data collected by the Associated Press.
Biden's approval rating dropped to a new low in June, with 58 percent of Americans saying they disapprove of the job he's doing. Just over a third of Americans—36 percent—approve.
Exactly who are these clowns representing? It sure isn't the majority.
They most certainly are representing a majority - in the electoral college sense, which is the only sense that counts. Trump won the electoral college in 2016 and Uncle Brandon won handily in 2020. Trump's election was a reaction to 8 years of Obama and Brandon's election was a response to 4 years of Trump. The majority exercised their will and got what they asked for. That's our system. It worked.

Now that the electorate has seen what leftist disastrous policies and incompetence looks like, those mean tweets and Trump's personality doesn't look so bad. But that's neither here nor there.

It is reasonable to ask why our party system is delivering us an ******* on one hand and a demented boob on the other. However, the republic is designed to survive *******s and demented boobs. The correction is coming.

Our last two elections is not evidence of the need to eliminate or alter our two-party system or our constitution. It is evidence of allowing the electorate to learn from its mistakes and make the needed corrections. Losing is powerful incentive to bringing your agenda and presentation back to within boundaries that the electorate expects.

Pushing America's foundational principles and putting Americans interests first is radical ?
“America’s Foundational Principles”-
If you lose, refuse to concede
If you lose, storm the Capitol
If you lose, declare the election “rigged”
If you lose, declare the election “stolen”

GTFOH.

They most certainly are representing a majority - in the electoral college sense, which is the only sense that counts. Trump won the electoral college in 2016 and Uncle Brandon won handily in 2020. Trump's election was a reaction to 8 years of Obama and Brandon's election was a response to 4 years of Trump. The majority exercised their will and got what they asked for. That's our system. It worked.

Now that the electorate has seen what leftist disastrous policies and incompetence looks like, those mean tweets and Trump's personality doesn't look so bad. But that's neither here nor there.

It is reasonable to ask why our party system is delivering us an ******* on one hand and a demented boob on the other. However, the republic is designed to survive *******s and demented boobs. The correction is coming.

Our last two elections is not evidence of the need to eliminate or alter our two-party system or our constitution. It is evidence of allowing the electorate to learn from its mistakes and make the needed corrections. Losing is powerful incentive to bringing your agenda and presentation back to within boundaries that the electorate expects.
What we have had are elections of terrible choices. Try to pick the lesser of two evils. I believe it is a matter of who we wanted the least for President so you vote for the other one. I still believe Biden won the 2020 election not so much because of votes for him, but more from votes against Trump. When you are left with only 2 viable choices for President your options are definitely limited. The independent need to run a candidate of our own.

Around a third of registered voters in the U.S. (34%) identify as independents, while 33% identify as Democrats and 29% identify as Republicans, according to a Center analysis of Americans’ partisan identification based on surveys of more than 12,000 registered voters in 2018 and 2019.

You are expecting rational behavior from the left....that is a grievous error. They are too arrogant to back down in self reflection, they are doubling down. They believe its not a policy issue, it's a messaging issue.

He was running AWAY from them and left the gun in the car . Ok they didn’t know that for sure but a dude running away scared the officers so much they needed to stop him shooting 90 bullets hitting him 60 times ? Hmm. What were they pulling him over for ? Have they said ?
And if he turns, fires and kills officers? Then what? Don't shoot at police and just do as you're told. Everyone goes home alive.

He baited the police into a chase, fired a shot at them to raise the threat level, jumped out and started to run then turned and faced the pursuing officers. He made a lot of choices along the way.

As Dragnet says, let's stick to the facts.

Police follow Walker in his car at approxmately 12:30 AM -he does not pull over and a chase ensues
Walker fires shots from his car at the officers - it's 12:30 AM remember it's dark.
Walker stops and gets out of the vehicle and runs. This isn't a TV show and police have no idea if Walker has his gun or not, I would think they would assume he had it.
At this point what would you do?
If there is 5-6 officers on the scene chasing him and he turns toward them, not putting his hands up...my guess is all the cops fired. 60 bullets seems like a lot, but if there is multiple cops, I don't think it's out of question. And at this point does it matter if it's 10 or 60 shots?? Again, this isn't Dirty Harry where he hits the bad guy with one shot all the time.

It's far past time to start siding with the cops in these situations. Please please educated citizens to not run away from the cops. If Walker just pulls over and complies, he's alive today. Very simple.

Pushing America's foundational principles and putting Americans interests first is radical ?
Despite being a never-Trump person when he ran in 2016, I grew to appreciate his policies and did my best to ignore the stupidity that surrounded him due to his personality and his ego. I do not believe his policies are radical, but I do believe it is foolish to suggest that many of his behaviors were not radical. With that said, there is a portion and a rather large portion of Trump supporters who supported him more for his radical behaviors than they did for his policies. I would bet a solid 25% of the folks that attend Trump rallies would have a hard time articulating to you any of Trump's policies. Many of those folks are radicals and there is really no denying it. Painting your face, throwing on a Viking helmet, calling yourself a shaman, and storming the Capitol in protest of an election is certainly radical behavior. And while that's only one example, we all know somebody that falls into that Trumplican nutcase category.

Heard on ABC News Radio today that he was "unarmed". The MSM is complicit in the unrest they are causing.

There is a reason that police put notices out that people are assumed to be armed and dangerous and people should not approach them. This would have been one of those examples.

Despite being a never-Trump person when he ran in 2016, I grew to appreciate his policies and did my best to ignore the stupidity that surrounded him due to his personality and his ego. I do not believe his policies are radical, but I do believe it is foolish to suggest that many of his behaviors were not radical. With that said, there is a portion and a rather large portion of Trump supporters who supported him more for his radical behaviors than they did for his policies. I would bet a solid 25% of the folks that attend Trump rallies would have a hard time articulating to you any of Trump's policies. Many of those folks are radicals and there is really no denying it. Painting your face, throwing on a Viking helmet, calling yourself a shaman, and storming the Capitol in protest of an election is certainly radical behavior. And while that's only one example, we all know somebody that falls into that Trumplican nutcase category.
Like most on Yappi.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
I'd be surprised to learn that the people involved in the "unrest" actually watch and or listen to the MSM. Most likely motivated by what they hear when "the streets talk".

Just like there’s people on the Left supporting full term abortion, burning down neighborhoods when a criminal is killed by police, intimidating judges, giving special rights to men who suddenly claim they are women.

Heard on ABC News Radio today that he was "unarmed". The MSM is complicit in the unrest they are causing.
The fact is that he was technically unarmed when he was shot/apprehended. They found a gun in his vehicle, which he was legally allowed to carry in Ohio. If you want to have a discussion around whether he fired a shot out of his window in the direction of police, that's a separate matter.

If I fire a shot out of my house, drop the gun, flee out the backdoor, and am subsequently shot running through the neighborhood, I was not armed at the time of being shot/apprehended.

Akron Police Chief, Steve Mylett, even confirmed on Sunday that Walker was unarmed when eight officers shot at him. So maybe your quibble with the unrest should be with the the Chief. ?‍♂️

The fact is that he was technically unarmed when he was shot/apprehended. They found a gun in his vehicle, which he was legally allowed to carry in Ohio. If you want to have a discussion around whether he fired a shot out of his window in the direction of police, that's a separate matter.

If I fire a shot out of my house, drop the gun, flee out the backdoor, and am subsequently shot running through the neighborhood, I was not armed at the time of being shot/apprehended.

Akron Police Chief, Steve Mylett, even confirmed on Sunday that Walker was unarmed when eight officers shot at him. So maybe your quibble with the unrest should be with the the Chief. ?‍♂️
Would you bet your life that when he fired a shot at you from his car, then got out to flee, that he was unarmed?

Only an idiot would assume that.

No, my quibble is with the misleading media that tries to paint this as an innocent unarmed victim. He was armed during the encounter. Discarding the firearm at some point during the encounter does not make him "unarmed" in the way the media tries to portray it. It is a shameful dogwhistle to the anti-police segment of our population.

This is something that should be easily agreeable by both sides of this argument. If not, it is easy to understand why there can be no middle ground in American politics.

Would you bet your life that when he fired a shot at you from his car, then got out to flee, that he was unarmed?

Only an idiot would assume that.
Your assumption has nothing to do with whether he was actually armed or unarmed at the time of his death. He either had a gun on his person when he was shot 60+ times or not. He did not. They are two separate things. The question was not around his guilt, the threat he posed, or whether he shot fired a shot from his car, but whether he was armed at the time of his shooting. I didn't think it was that difficult.

“America’s Foundational Principles”-
If you lose, refuse to concede
If you lose, storm the Capitol
If you lose, declare the election “rigged”
If you lose, declare the election “stolen”

GTFOH.

Some deep introspection is beyond warranted.

No, my quibble is with the misleading media that tries to paint this as an innocent unarmed victim. He was armed during the encounter. Discarding the firearm at some point during the encounter does not make him "unarmed" in the way the media tries to portray it. It is a shameful dogwhistle to the anti-police segment of our population.

This is something that should be easily agreeable by both sides of this argument. If not, it is easy to understand why there can be no middle ground in American politics.
Well, perhaps you should have stated that in your initial post. You only said that ABC News Radio said that he was unarmed. You didn't say they painted him as "innocent". ?‍♂️

Saying he was "unarmed" is the biggest bag of bulls____t there is. He was armed in the car, he fired a shot, he got out of the car (obviously presumably still armed), ran, then began to turn etc..etc.. and the police had every right, instinct, AND DUTY to fire. There were three deadly events to the public involved and the police had no choice given the public safety factor. Any expert in this field will tell you the same.

Last edited:
Your assumption has nothing to do with whether he was actually armed or unarmed at the time of his death. He either had a gun on his person when he was shot 60+ times or not. He did not. They are two separate things. The question was not around his guilt, the threat he posed, or whether he shot fired a shot from his car, but whether he was armed at the time of his shooting. I didn't think it was that difficult.
Disagree. When ABC News says "Unarmed Jayland Walker was Shot 60 times by police", they are intentionally misleading their listeners to tell a false narrative.

He was armed during the encounter. To say he was unarmed using a technicality is a false narrative. There is no way to package this as anything other than media misrepresentation to stir up controversy.

Ashley Babbit disagrees..

Did the police know he was unarmed? Seems that’s the crux of the matter ??