Jayland Walker (Akron cancels Rib, White, & Blue Festival July 1-4)

Your assumption has nothing to do with whether he was actually armed or unarmed at the time of his death. He either had a gun on his person when he was shot 60+ times or not. He did not. They are two separate things. The question was not around his guilt, the threat he posed, or whether he shot fired a shot from his car, but whether he was armed at the time of his shooting. I didn't think it was that difficult.
Technically, as far as the police were concerned, he wasn't unarmed until after he was shot. Surely you don't expect the police to assume the suspect was unarmed after being previously shot at?

Unlike Cleveland’s ‘137 shots’ incident, Akron officers’ pursuit of Jayland Walker appears to adhere to policy

One area where the two incidents diverge, however, is that records and videos made public as of Tuesday appear to show that the Akron police officers followed their department’s chase policy prior to the shooting.

From documents and videos that Akron police and the city have chosen to release, the only officers who needed permission to join the chase after it began received it from a supervisor who was giving orders during the pendency of the 6-minute pursuit.

Your assumption has nothing to do with whether he was actually armed or unarmed at the time of his death. He either had a gun on his person when he was shot 60+ times or not. He did not. They are two separate things. The question was not around his guilt, the threat he posed, or whether he shot fired a shot from his car, but whether he was armed at the time of his shooting. I didn't think it was that difficult.
THEY HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING IF HE WAS ARMED AS HE LEFT THE CAR.

All caps due to how obvious that should be.

3News Investigates: Jayland Walker's final days a tale of contradiction

To those who knew him, the last 30 days of Jayland Walker’s life are a tale of contradictions.

The countdown begins in late May with wedding plans erased when Jaymeisha Beasley, his high school sweetheart and fiancée, died in a violent car crash.

Her sudden death set the stage for Walker’s sudden behavior shift described by supporters as bizarre and strange.

With no prior brushes with police, Walker, 25, twice defied patrol officers trying to stop his car for alleged traffic and equipment violations.

I think this is a good article for most of us to read. I have alot of sympathy for Jayland Walker. I don't believe he was acting in his right mind and the tragedy of his fiancee's passing clearly took it's toll on him. It really is a shame this has become a national story. He was clearly hurting and not sure there was anyone that could have relieved that pain. As they note in the article, the most striking picture from the whole event is that wedding ring sitting next to the gun.

Disagree. When ABC News says "Unarmed Jayland Walker was Shot 60 times by police", they are intentionally misleading their listeners to tell a false narrative.

He was armed during the encounter. To say he was unarmed using a technicality is a false narrative. There is no way to package this as anything other than media misrepresentation to stir up controversy.
Again, this isn't how you prefaced your initial statement. You only indicated that they said he was unarmed. Looks like you're filling in the details now.

Did the police know he was unarmed? Seems that’s the crux of the matter ??
They clearly didn't at the time, no. The police chief made the determination and announced to the public he was not armed at the time of his death on Sunday. I was commenting on Yappi's initial post that the reporting was inciting unrest. He has now amended that statement. Lol.

Technically, as far as the police were concerned, he wasn't unarmed until after he was shot. Surely you don't expect the police to assume the suspect was unarmed after being previously shot at?
Again, I'm commenting on Yappi's initial assessment that ABC was inciting unrest by reporting he was unarmed. The police reported the same. ?‍♂️Yappi has since amended his statement to allege that ABC also reported his innocence.

THEY HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING IF HE WAS ARMED AS HE LEFT THE CAR.

All caps due to how obvious that should be.
For like the 800th time, I'm not commenting on whether they knew he was armed or not. I'm commenting on the Akron PD's announcement that he was unarmed at the time of his death.

Nope.

I mean, if you want to play this game, we can all start naming people who didn't shoot at the police, but were ultimately killed by LEO's. How much time you got?
But then I guess we could also play the game of police officers killed by people who shot at them....?‍♂️

Nope.

I mean, if you want to play this game, we can all start naming people who didn't shoot at the police, but were ultimately killed by LEO's. How much time you got?
No need to.

The vast majority threatened the police, or in most cases, other innocent people.

Again, this isn't how you prefaced your initial statement. You only indicated that they said he was unarmed. Looks like you're filling in the details now.
Yes, I can fill in the details but ABC refused to do it. The low information subscriber to ABC News now believes the police shot and killed someone that was not a threat. That is misleading and unethical.

What continually amazes me....

Cop gets shot..no outcry.

Someone else gets shot..protests.

Maybe they see themselves in the person getting shot and not the cop.

Yes, I can fill in the details but ABC refused to do it. The low information subscriber to ABC News now believes the police shot and killed someone that was not a threat. That is misleading and unethical.
So you're mad at ABC, but not at the uninformed/low information subscriber? Maybe in addition to your stance on MSM, you should also hold average citizens to a higher standard where critical thinking skills and self-awareness are involved.

The fact is that he was technically unarmed when he was shot/apprehended. They found a gun in his vehicle, which he was legally allowed to carry in Ohio. If you want to have a discussion around whether he fired a shot out of his window in the direction of police, that's a separate matter.

If I fire a shot out of my house, drop the gun, flee out the backdoor, and am subsequently shot running through the neighborhood, I was not armed at the time of being shot/apprehended.

Akron Police Chief, Steve Mylett, even confirmed on Sunday that Walker was unarmed when eight officers shot at him. So maybe your quibble with the unrest should be with the the Chief. ?‍♂️
How do the cops know he's unarmed at the time after demonstrating he was armed by firing a shot.

The unarmed claim is propaganda and you know it. It furthers the cops are evil racists agenda.

So you're mad at ABC, but not at the uninformed/low information subscriber? Maybe in addition to your stance on MSM, you should also hold average citizens to a higher standard where critical thinking skills and self-awareness are involved.
Because ABC and the rest of liberal media are painting a false narrative to push a liberal agenda...of course they should be called out for doing so.

Their job isn't to be a cheerleader. It's to be the referee.

UTsherm loves to play word games. Question shermy...have you ever been shot at? Its a yes or no answer.