Glenville or Ginn Academy?

Took two seconds. QB's father still owns a house in Twinsburg... HMMMMMMM. You want a Glenville address? You know the school isn't verifying any residence... come on now.
Does the student’s father live in the house? My Father owns 4 houses in Ohio yet he’s lived in the South since retirement. But carry on.

OHSAA pulled that with Massillon. Told multiple players to sit out a game while they verified their addresses. Kicker: this was years after they transferred.

No, they are hoping the OSHAA people to a search on Yappi, and see all this BS , and hope they investigate. Lol
I see. I don’t believe Ginn, Sr. is cheating. He was competitive in D1 and D2 and he’s sent plenty of kids to school for free. I know I’m biased but it seems a bit unreasonable that he would cheat to win a title in D4.

I see. I don’t believe Ginn, Sr. is cheating. He was competitive in D1 and D2 and he’s sent plenty of kids to school for free. I know I’m biased but it seems a bit unreasonable that he would cheat to win a title in D4.
I was just throwing out some sarcasm there, for all the whiners

Just interesting considering most parents who send their kid to private schools is for academics
Graduated from a private school. A significant portion of athletes choose schools for sports. This happens at both private and public schools. It's generally more difficult for public schools but the competitive ones figure out a way to get athletes.

Glenville's competitive balance is 0 because everyone on Glenville's football team lives in the Glenville zone. If anyone has evidence to the contrary, they need to present said evidence to the OHSAA. Otherwise, sit down and be quiet
This is only a secret to the OHSAA. Their kids live all over. They even live in different counties. All you have to do is see where these kids went to middle school. There is zero chance families are moving into that area as crime rates are off the charts.

I live in a very good attendance zone, not quite on the Glenville level, but nice. Our problem has been trying to retain it. I remember posting not too long ago about the Buchtel "attendance zone" having arguably the best basketball player (Chris Livingston 2023 NBA draft pick), best track athlete (Tre Tucker State champ in the 100/200/LJ, 2023 NFL draft pick) and best wrestlers (Jacob and Jordan Decatur both 3 time state champs, and one recently won National championship at BW) in the state for Div 2 all in the same year, but only one actually went to Buchtel. Had a similar bounty about a decade before, when 2 Buchtel neighborhood running backs Tyrell Sutton and Delone Carter won Mr. Ohio in back to back years one for Hoban and one for Copley, with those 2 excelling for other schools Buchtel had to make do with Antonio Pittman (Ohio State) and Bryan Williams (Akron U) those 2 years . All 4 of those running backs signed even if only briefly with NFL teams.
Those early-mid 2000s were loaded with ball carriers in the city. I know that Wells wasn’t a west sider, but he was an APS kid. Tim Murphy and Tony Sutton, Jr. were both solid backs as well for the 9-9 and the 2000.

I see a lot of complaining but yet to hear -student x should be playing here but yet he plays for Glenville.

Don’t start this, because I know where a lot of those kids reside. Twinsburg, Solon, south Euclid ,
Mentor, Euclid , shaker Garfield one kid even commutes from Lorain on basketball team. Plus a huge number of other kids that should be attending those other senate schools…. So the enrollment keeps dropping in the district but the football team has gotten bigger every year. Once the alumni dads took over Ginn elite football, they recruited the best youth kids from every district. As they got older. The kids stayed with the program, mostly attending ginn academy. The peewee football program has rebuilt Ginn academy and or Glenville.

Graduated from a private school. A significant portion of athletes choose schools for sports. This happens at both private and public schools. It's generally more difficult for public schools but the competitive ones figure out a way to get athletes.
And their parents move from the suburbs to East Cleveland because it’s so nice in the fall right?

Don’t start this, because I know where a lot of those kids reside. Twinsburg, Solon, south Euclid ,
Mentor, Euclid , shaker Garfield one kid even commutes from Lorain on basketball team. Plus a huge number of other kids that should be attending those other senate schools…. So the enrollment keeps dropping in the district but the football team has gotten bigger every year. Once the alumni dads took over Ginn elite football, they recruited the best youth kids from every district. As they got older. The kids stayed with the program, mostly attending ginn academy. The peewee football program has rebuilt Ginn academy and or Glenville.
How do you know where kids live? Do you follow them home after practice?

I would be curious what the breakdown is of Ginn versus Glenville students on the Glenville roster. Ginn students have to live in the Glenville zone to play for Glenville, at least according to what has been posted here, but a student could live anywhere, be enrolled at Glenville and play for the Tarblooders.

I would be curious what the breakdown is of Ginn versus Glenville students on the Glenville roster. Ginn students have to live in the Glenville zone to play for Glenville, at least according to what has been posted here, but a student could live anywhere, be enrolled at Glenville and play for the Tarblooders.
It doesn’t matter if you supply that all of the students live in the Glenville area. They will move the line in the sand and just say those kids were just given addresses there. I’m sure if there was evidence that said that wasn’t true they would move the line in the sand again.

They don’t have to. They can live in the suburbs and attend a CMSD high school and participate in extracurriculars for a CMSD high school. Educate yourself before logging on next time.
You need to educate yourself because if they lived in the suburbs then their competitive balance wouldn't be zero. Therefore they are claiming every kid lives in the Glenville school district and somehow the Glenville neighborhood produces an insane amount of D1 talent (Must be the water) or people are actually moving there with their kids. If parents are actually moving in for the transfers then good for them, but we all know the reality.

You need to educate yourself because if they lived in the suburbs then their competitive balance wouldn't be zero. Therefore they are claiming every kid lives in the Glenville school district and somehow the Glenville neighborhood produces an insane amount of D1 talent (Must be the water) or people are actually moving there with their kids. If parents are actually moving in for the transfers then good for them, but we all know the reality.
Something tells me your reality & most everyone else's reality are slightly different . . .

They don’t have to. They can live in the suburbs and attend a CMSD high school and participate in extracurriculars for a CMSD high school. Educate yourself before logging on next time.
So you are saying they don’t have to live in the Glenville attendance zone to attend Ginn Academy and play for Glenville? From what I understand East Cleveland certainly isn’t the suburbs.

So you are saying they don’t have to live in the Glenville attendance zone to attend Ginn Academy and play for Glenville? From what I understand East Cleveland certainly isn’t the suburbs.
That’s correct. Residence can be outside of Cleveland proper and a student can still attend a CMSD school, it has to be the CMSD school closest to their residence.

Last edited:
That’s correct. Residence can be outside of Cleveland proper and a student can still attend a CMSD school, it has to be the CMSD school closest to their residence.
I don't think that's true. I believe it's an open/choice system, i.e. any student can attend any CMSD school (provided they are accepted in the case of some of the specialty schools like CSA).