General NFL Chat

With the Raiders getting shut out last week and no Herbert, I had zero interest in that game, did not tune in. Shocked to wake up and see 63-21. What? And it was 63-7 at one point? How does Staley still have a job? They have such a good roster for years, with no results. And clearly they just quit on him last night. They need to start working towards next year now - he will be fired today.

That may have been the least competitive NFL game I've ever seen live. I missed that Denver v Miami game earlier this year, but it seems at least the Broncos came back out and fought for the rest of the year. The Chargers were a mess last night. The Raiders kept running Adams underneath, drawing the double coverage, and then slipping the crossing route over top. The refusal to adjust made Tre Tucker look like a probowl WR. O'Connell just stood back there and dished out TD's like Oprah tossin' Pontiacs to an audience to every eligible player in silver and black.

They’ve had a playoff type roster for a few years now, and a top 5 QB. Should be no reason for this

I’m not so sure Herbert is truly a Top 5 QB. I’m not sure he’s even Top 10.

Burrow
Mahomes
Allen
Lamar
Dak
Hurts
Lawrence
Rodgers
Stafford

That's 9 I’d take over Herbert. Stroud is close.

Herbert is immensely physically talented, but he wastes it year after year.

I think Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Hurts and Lawrence are probably the consensus Top 5.

Next 5 are probably some combo of Stroud, Rodgers (when healthy), Prescott, Herbert and then a mish-mash of possible answers at 10 (Purdy, Tua, Russ, Cousins, Stafford).

EDIT: Totally forgot about Lamar, but he’s probably #6 for me. Which would put Herbert at #10 for me.

Last edited:
LOL

1702648516007.png

That may have been the least competitive NFL game I've ever seen live. I missed that Denver v Miami game earlier this year, but it seems at least the Broncos came back out and fought for the rest of the year. The Chargers were a mess last night. The Raiders kept running Adams underneath, drawing the double coverage, and then slipping the crossing route over top. The refusal to adjust made Tre Tucker look like a probowl WR. O'Connell just stood back there and dished out TD's like Oprah tossin' Pontiacs to an audience to every eligible player in silver and black.
Here's one of my favorites:

Burrow
Mahomes
Allen
Lamar
Dak
Hurts
Lawrence
Rodgers
Stafford

That's 9 I’d take over Herbert. Stroud is close.

Herbert is immensely physically talented, but he wastes it year after year.

I disagree, I believe Herbert is definitely a top 10 qb. Herbert has had a horrible head coach, lost his deep threat wr Williams around wk 3, lost his starting center wk 6, lost his 3rd wr Palmer for 5 weeks and I believe lost a RT for a period of time. Once Herbert was not available what happen last night, they quit.

As for your list, yes Rodgers is alltime a better qb but there is no way he is currently better at the age of 40. Mahomes, Allen & Burrow are definitely better. The rest, I think you can adjust the order from week to week. Again, got to have solid people & coaching around you to succeed

With the Raiders getting shut out last week and no Herbert, I had zero interest in that game, did not tune in. Shocked to wake up and see 63-21. What? And it was 63-7 at one point? How does Staley still have a job? They have such a good roster for years, with no results. And clearly they just quit on him last night. They need to start working towards next year now - he will be fired today.
He doesn't. Fired along with GM.

Vikings coach is a dumbarse. What other team puts the smallest player on the field as the push guy on a QB sneak? Could have all but cliched a wild card with a win today and would have set up a pair of games with the Lions for the division, but the coach proves you can get all the way to head coach in the NFL and still not understand the game of football.

Vikings coach is a dumbarse. What other team puts the smallest player on the field as the push guy on a QB sneak? Could have all but cliched a wild card with a win today and would have set up a pair of games with the Lions for the division, but the coach proves you can get all the way to head coach in the NFL and still not understand the game of football.
Lot of those in the NFL, but yeah he is in the top 5.

The Chargers' passing game coordinator is Tom Arth, the former head coach at Akron. The Zips won a total of three games in three years under Arth. It's no wonder the offense underperforms. I think Herbert is a top ten QB. Very good arm, deceptively mobile. Unfortunately, he's had awful coaching and injuries around him every year. Allen and Williams invariably get hurt every year. Ekeler was hurt early this year and has fallen off a cliff since. The o-line is awful.

Whoever gets that job is walking into a decent situation. The new GM will have a little work to do with some salary cap issues. They have a decent core and have been bad enough to get a decent draft slot.

The Chargers' passing game coordinator is Tom Arth, the former head coach at Akron. The Zips won a total of three games in three years under Arth. It's no wonder the offense underperforms. I think Herbert is a top ten QB. Very good arm, deceptively mobile. Unfortunately, he's had awful coaching and injuries around him every year. Allen and Williams invariably get hurt every year. Ekeler was hurt early this year and has fallen off a cliff since. The o-line is awful.

Whoever gets that job is walking into a decent situation. The new GM will have a little work to do with some salary cap issues. They have a decent core and have been bad enough to get a decent draft slot.
Belichick is walking into that situation.

All of ESPN ( except for Stephen A) has been placed on suicide watch, as their beloved Cowboys are being dismantled and their shoo-in MVP, Dak, looks like Manziel. Christmas came early. Now, if we could only do something about the overdone fake PR stunt that is Swift/Kelce.......
Hopefully some team will take care of the Swift/Kelce thing in the wild card round of the playoffs and save us all from enduring them in the next round…conference championship game…Super Bowl (would be torture). Ugggh. The thought of a Swift/Kelce KC vs Dallas Super Bowl induces too much vomit just thinking of it. Or not as bad, but still awful, a Swift/Kelce KC vs other Kelce Philly. I think I’ve seen enough of the Kelce family to last ten lifetimes.

All of ESPN ( except for Stephen A) has been placed on suicide watch, as their beloved Cowboys are being dismantled and their shoo-in MVP, Dak, looks like Manziel. Christmas came early. Now, if we could only do something about the overdone fake PR stunt that is Swift/Kelce.......
And Mike Greenberg doesn’t get to have a weeklong verbal orgasm about Aaron Rodgers possibly coming back. Get Up is reeling.

@lotr10 's revenge for the '90's

Always the same. The 'Boys beat up on the NFC (L)East, step out of a climate-controlled environment, and fall back to earth. I once heard that Reality Bites. Jerry's bottom line loves the hype more than winning, every year.
That has been my dilemma over the years with the Vikings. Step out of the dome for an important regular season game or postseason game and splat. And from a franchise that used to routinely win frozen postseason games at home over bewildered opponents while steely-eyed Bud Grant looked on, seemingly impervious to the bone chilling temperatures.
1702862788280.jpeg

Last edited:
Hopefully some team will take care of the Swift/Kelce thing in the wild card round of the playoffs and save us all from enduring them in the next round…conference championship game…Super Bowl (would be torture). Ugggh. The thought of a Swift/Kelce KC vs Dallas Super Bowl induces too much vomit just thinking of it. Or not as bad, but still awful, a Swift/Kelce KC vs other Kelce Philly. I think I’ve seen enough of the Kelce family to last ten lifetimes.
I guess you won't throw a "Heights High!" if you run into Jason Kelce in the off-season, around the Legacy Village or something?!

I love that guy. His "27 hours of 5-hour-energy" rant in the mummers get-up, as he got off the SB plane in Philly from NO, was epic. A moment for the ages. I have to talk to that guy if he crosses my path.

I guess you won't throw a "Heights High!" if you run into Jason Kelce in the off-season, around the Legacy Village or something?!

I love that guy. His "27 hours of 5-hour-energy" rant in the mummers get-up, as he got off the SB plane in Philly from NO, was epic. A moment for the ages. I have to talk to that guy if he crosses my path.
Haha. To each his own. I would probably just let him, or any celeb, go about their business at Legacy Village…or anywhere else we were.

He just rubs me the wrong way. Gronk is massively overexposed too, yet I find him somehow endearing. Not so with Kelce. In person, away from the bright lights, they may both be very likable or unlikable. I’ll probably never know.

Haha. To each his own. I would probably just let him, or any celeb, go about their business at Legacy Village…or anywhere else we were.

He just rubs me the wrong way. Gronk is massively overexposed too, yet I find him somehow endearing. Not so with Kelce. In person, away from the bright lights, they may both be very likable or unlikable. I’ll probably never know.
Unless you're in Philly and Jason is selling cars on local cable, probably not, as I was referring to the other brother. They did make a Chunky soup ad together. I'm talking about "eyebrows" Kelce

I've never heard their podcast. You ?

Unless you're in Philly and Jason is selling cars on local cable, probably not, as I was referring to the other brother. They did make a Chunky soup ad together. I'm talking about "eyebrows" Kelce

I've never heard their podcast. You ?
Never heard the full podcast. Only excerpts. Saw the Netflix show. The Philly brother is far more palatable. He’s on quite a few commercials, actually.