General NFL Chat

Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh have the 3 most difficult schedules for 2024. Cincinnati’s schedule ranks 16th.

Last weekend I was over a friend’s house and he was watching a UFL game … they showed the coach on the walkie talkie tell the QB the play … his wife then asked why don’t they just have radio in all the players helmets … and said wouldn’t that be better … we tried to answer her … but after thinking about it agreed that it would be better … it would eliminate the need to the huddle … everyone would be on the same page … you could run plays faster … the only problem we could think of was substitutions … then we thought you could do hockey like substitutions … where players could be running off the field as the play was going on … and as long as they did not effect the play .. no penalty

So what do you think?

You are probably 1000% correct. If Cowher didn't coach the Steelers, he'd probably be done. Most people under 40 may not even realize Simms and Esiason played football. I grew up in the 70's/ 80's. Irv Cross was that guy for me. I never saw Irv Cross play football, didn't know much about him.
To your point, do people even watch the pregame shows anymore? My thought is the younger crowd doesn't watch those shows, they follow games on their phones and stat trackers.
Any shot CBS adds a female to the group?
If you remember Irv Cross, you also know CBS was the first pregame NFL show to have a female host…Phyllis George and later they went with Jayne Kennedy. Brent Musberger and Jimmy the Greek rounded out the crew. I would get all stirred up when the show came on and Brent would start with his signature, “You are looking live…”
A bonus here, as Pete Rose fills in for Jimmy the Greek for the odds/picks segment. Are you kidding me, Pete?

Last edited:
It’s Pride Month. Whatever your thoughts on the subject a few teams chose not to cooperate. Will this recognition soon go the way of BLM in the end zone?

Over the weekend, 11 NFL teams chose not to tweet or acknowledge pride month. The 11 teams are:

The Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, and Atlanta Falcons.

It’s Pride Month. Whatever your thoughts on the subject a few teams chose not to cooperate. Will this recognition soon go the way of BLM in the end zone?

Over the weekend, 11 NFL teams chose not to tweet or acknowledge pride month. The 11 teams are:

The Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, and Atlanta Falcons.
Could it be that they have no "pride " on the team or front office?

With the exception of Dallas & Atlanta, those teams not acknowledging or participating in Pride Month do not surprise me at all. They are mostly Midwest, conservative communities that I would guess do not have a prevalent gay community or gay team following. It would make logical business sense for the two LA teams, the two NY teams and SF to participate.