GCL Co-Ed 2021

Yay! Alter won a game lol. How low are Fenwick's numbers for cancelling JV? I know they have zero talent over there, but they continue to decline every year.

Yay! Alter won a game lol. How low are Fenwick's numbers for cancelling JV? I know they have zero talent over there, but they continue to decline every year.
Seems to me they had a lot of kids on the sidelines when they played McNick last week. I doubt they cancelled for lack of numbers.

Seems to me they had a lot of kids on the sidelines when they played McNick last week. I doubt they cancelled for lack of numbers.
COVID was the reason given earlier in the week. Some in quarantine from the JV team Look like they had 50 or so players suited up last night, so you think you could have fielded a team. I don’t know. I know some Fenwick JV/freshmen players were disappointed. But it’s an administrative decision and they accepted it and moved on. Just seems to me, similar to last year too, an open discussion between the 2 schools about what players you would have available and come to some agreed decision on who to play. Maybe I’m naive. Just seems the kids would get something out of playing, than if they didn’t play. Always found the Knights classy and can’t see them running up the score

I doubt if they are lying about it, but circumstances as they are made the decision a lot easier I’m sure. They also cancelled freshmen game on Thursday and the JV game next Monday. All against Badin.

Not sure what affect it would have on Harbin Points, but might almost be a nice time for a bye week. I guess it is senior night and I’m sure Edgewood would still make them pay for the facility, so yeah hopefully they can find someone.

Not sure what affect it would have on Harbin Points, but might almost be a nice time for a bye week. I guess it is senior night and I’m sure Edgewood would still make them pay for the facility, so yeah hopefully they can find someone.
Mcnick actually moved from 4 to 3 in D16 after Carroll cancelled last week. So not sure how cancellation affects Harbins. Another factor is that most of the teams the Rockets had beaten won Friday night.

Mcnick actually moved from 4 to 3 in D16 after Carroll cancelled last week. So not sure how cancellation affects Harbins. Another factor is that most of the teams the Rockets had beaten won Friday night.
Whether 9-0 or 10-0c it’s not going to matter. Badin has a comfortable lead in points. But theoretically, 9-0 would provide a higher point value in this situation

so you just make up? and bad-mouth kids you know nothing about? way to rep out alter
Yeah good one about bad mouthing; that comment in which I said Fenwick has zero talent is 100% accurate. They have low numbers, lack size and depth, have gone through more coaches in 7 years than some schools have had in their entire existence, and still have the extremely whiny parents.

If you are going to be a new member on Yappi, at least begin with some moderate posts before jumping on here trying to talk smack.

What's funny is Fenwick is so bad and they beat Franklin who's 4-4 and the Wildcats will make the playoffs. A 3-7 Fenwick team (granted they beat Carroll) still would finish probably 6-4 in the SWBL. I still believe the middle/bottom of the Coed would still be on or near the top in the SWBL with Monroe or Bellbrook.

What's funny is Fenwick is so bad and they beat Franklin who's 4-4 and the Wildcats will make the playoffs. A 3-7 Fenwick team (granted they beat Carroll) still would finish probably 6-4 in the SWBL. I still believe the middle/bottom of the Coed would still be on or near the top in the SWBL with Monroe or Bellbrook.
Monroe, Bellbrook, Eaton, and Valley View would smoke both Fenwick and Carroll. I'm a big follower of both leagues and those teams are all solid DIII and DIV teams.

It appears that these are the groups most at risk to covid in the past year:

1. Anyone over the age of 60 ✔
2. Anyone with an underlying medical condition. ✔
3. Anyone on a bad team thats getting ready to play a really good team ? ✔
It does seem odd that across the state, very few really good teams are having Covid issues. Winning must be an alternative therapy for the virus.

Yeah good one about bad mouthing; that comment in which I said Fenwick has zero talent is 100% accurate. They have low numbers, lack size and depth, have gone through more coaches in 7 years than some schools have had in their entire existence, and still have the extremely whiny parents.

If you are going to be a new member on Yappi, at least begin with some moderate posts before jumping on here trying to talk smack.
Oh, a post-count tough guy? Hilarious.

Sure thing pal, it's your opinion and you know the line about opinions, the thing that's always been funny about alter is they have a feeder program that the kids participate in but once they get to high school the coaches realize the talent is lacking so they head out to west Dayton and find 10 or 12 "talented" athletes to replace the "less talented" kids in their program.

It really is a shame for the "less talented" kids that grew up in the program spilled their blood and guts and now have to sit the bench as the "more talented" non-catholic kids come in and take their spots. Oh, the irony around "talent" but at the end of the day, all that matters is the W regardless of how many "less talented" kids play, the sad part is that some of the parents support it.

Sure thing pal, it's your opinion and you know the line about opinions, the thing that's always been funny about alter is they have a feeder program that the kids participate in but once they get to high school the coaches realize the talent is lacking so they head out to west Dayton and find 10 or 12 "talented" athletes to replace the "less talented" kids in their program.

It really is a shame for the "less talented" kids that grew up in the program spilled their blood and guts and now have to sit the bench as the "more talented" non-catholic kids come in and take their spots. Oh, the irony around "talent" but at the end of the day, all that matters is the W regardless of how many "less talented" kids play, the sad part is that some of the parents support it.
Glad the birds have come to roost for the dumpster fire that is Fenwick ?

America, I don’t think so this year. I watched Fenwick and Carroll both this year. Both are not good. Still not sure how Fenwick beat Franklin. The point is, Monroe, Bellbrook, Eaton and evening VV in my opinion beats everyone in the coed except Badin and possibly mcnick. Most years the upper hand would go to the coed with no doubt. I just feel that the coed is on a downward spiral.

All of the kids that you say come from west Dayton actually went to grade school at St. Alberts. So growing up they played SDK, which is Alters feeder program and went to a catholic grade school that feeds into Alter. I believe only 3 of them actually didn't go to St.Als

All of the kids that you say come from west Dayton actually went to grade school at St. Alberts. So growing up they played SDK, which is Alters feeder program and went to a catholic grade school that feeds into Alter. I believe only 3 of them actually didn't go to St.Als
The number is more than 3, anybody associated with the program knows the truth, the point is you can't bad mouth the "talent" at other schools when you're replacing your own kids with "better talent", not my business to say if its right or wrong just pointing out the hypocrisy in the original post.

I expect a very good game when CJ visits McNick on Friday. It will be interesting to see how the Rockets react to the off week. I expect they will be ready to play and maybe a little bit healthier?

I expect a very good game when CJ visits McNick on Friday. It will be interesting to see how the Rockets react to the off week. I expect they will be ready to play and maybe a little bit healthier?
CJ will be playing with heavy hearts as they lost a student last night. This is the 3rd death within the school in like the past month. 2 teachers and now the student. That school is going through a lot right now my thoughts and prayers are with them.
I bet a win Friday would mean a lot to them.

Last edited:
How good is McNick?

I’ve seen CJ and they can play. Their QB is throwing well and they have some team speed at skill positions. Should be an interesting matchup.

Should be a good one. CJ can sling it. McNick has the better D. I think winner wins by a TD. I'll take McNick in a tight one.