Game Match-Up You'd like to see

Many years ago think Walsh played Nordonia but Nordonia was bad for a period and stopped playing ,and I do think Stow and Walsh played for many years..Do not know why they did not continue other than Walsh used to get a lot of athletes from Stow I think through Holy Family…heard Stow decision makers were upset and stopped playing..you may know More info

Walsh and Stow haven't played nearly as often as you'd think. In the playoff era, they played annually until 1983, but since then, they've only played home-and-home's in '97-'98, and again in '03-'04 (with the 4 years I was at Walsh sandwiched in between), and Walsh dominated all 4 games. FWIW, in my era, Walsh got a LOT of IHM and Holy Family kids, so the Falls and Stow communities could have had a gripe.

Walsh and Nordonia have played even less. A home-and-home in '73-'74, annually from '84-'87, and again from '89-'91, with playoff games in '85 (at the Rubber Bowl) and '99 (at Walsh). Nordonia's only win came in 1990.

Any good programs from anywhere who would come down south to Waverly, Wheelersburg, or Ironton. I’d love it at least show we’ve got some good programs

I know both Bishop Hartley and Bishop Watterson have came to Wheelersburg in years past.

Waverly has had Granville come and Johnstown this year.
And Ironton had Moeller come just this season.
Massie would play Ironton.

For several years now, I've wanted a healthy Marion Local to play Steubenville. I think it would be a great game, and I'd definitely bet on ML. And we'll be HAPPY to come to their home turf! I think that game would live in infamy forever... I dunno, just something about "Big Red" has always rubbed me the wrong way....
Good thought. Don't know that you can get a fair game when you go to Steubenville- how many away games do they play anyhow? I think their away games accounted for 2 of their 3 losses in 2021. How many other schools play 2 away games out of a 12 game schedule?

Good thought. Don't know that you can get a fair game when you go to Steubenville- how many away games do they play anyhow? I think their away games accounted for 2 of their 3 losses in 2021. How many other schools play 2 away games out of a 12 game schedule?
would you like me to answer?

Parkway vs South Adams (Indiana)
Anna vs Fort Loramie (They've never played)
Celina vs Parkway

Fort Recovery vs Jay County (Indiana)
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Maple Heights and Wooster are the two I have seen play the most often over 40+ years of watching games. Could've happened in the 2020 regionals if it wasn't for the pandemic.

Avon at Massillon
Avon at Steubenville
Avon at Canton McKinley
Avon vs Hudson
Avon vs Mentor
Avon vs LaSalle
Avon vs Winton Woods

Just a few to get started.
To add to my list...

Avon at Ironton -- Much like Steubenville and Massillon, a legendary program and stadium.
Avon vs Chardon
Avon vs Kenston
Avon vs Dover
Avon vs Canfield
Avon vs St Ignatius

I indicated on Fostoria thread a yesteryear matchup I would have loved was Pete Moore's Ross Little Giants vs Kidwell's Redmen. Those would have been games for the ages, and not for the faint of heart

Steubenville playing an away game in the Cleveland area against any D-3 school. Aurora, Chardon, Padua, any school with a winning record.
No home field advantage. No 1-9 school.

Benedictine vs Chardon
Benedictine vs Kenston
Benedictine vs West Geauga
Benedictine vs Mayfield
Benedictine vs Brush
Benedictine vs Willoughby South
Benedictine vs Eastlake North
Benedictine vs Lake Catholic
Benedictine vs VASJ
Benedictine vs Trinity
Benedictine vs Holy Name
Benedictine vs Garfield Hts.
Benedictine vs Maple Hts.

Benedictine vs Chardon
Benedictine vs Kenston
Benedictine vs West Geauga
Benedictine vs Mayfield
Benedictine vs Brush
Benedictine vs Willoughby South
Benedictine vs Eastlake North
Benedictine vs Lake Catholic
Benedictine vs VASJ
Benedictine vs Trinity
Benedictine vs Holy Name
Benedictine vs Garfield Hts.
Benedictine vs Maple Hts.
Benedictine vs. Fremont Ross. Loved the series between these two. Some great games.