Game Match-Up You'd like to see

Morgantown (WV) vs Ironton (OH)
Would like to see this matchup or Morgantown play any of the larger divisions in Ohio since they’re the biggest in the state

Green-Tallmadge, once an annual Week 10 rivalry game until the Suburban League split after 2014, is returning in Week 3 of 2022! Great news, as the two schools need to be playing every year. Green has no Week 3 opponent for the foreseeable future, and Tallmadge's Week 3 series with Coventry, which began in 2017, seems to have ended. Hopefully, a Green-Tallmadge week 3 matchup becomes a new tradition.
Has the location for this game been decided? Just wondering thx ?

Morgantown (WV) vs Ironton (OH)
Would like to see this matchup or Morgantown play any of the larger divisions in Ohio since they’re the biggest in the state
Then why would you have Morgantown play Ironton? Put Morgantown on the field with Massillon Washington, Chardon, Austintown Fitch, Pickerington Central, or Cincinnati Winton Woods.

Ironton is a small school. Morgantown isn't going to play them.

Then why would you have Morgantown play Ironton? Put Morgantown on the field with Massillon Washington, Chardon, Austintown Fitch, Pickerington Central, or Cincinnati Winton Woods.

Said Ironton vs Morgantown bc Ironton does not care to schedule up and play. Played Sycamore 2020 and Moeller 2021. And being from SEO that’s who I would like to see them play even then playing Huntington High would be a good match up

John Marshall played D7 Trimble this year. Out of state teams are easy points for Ohio schools. Athens got dropped by a 9-1 OCC school and Athens picked up Parkersburg South. Athens made the playoffs based off beating South since all D2 points. It is hard to get WV schools to play you if not considered AAA since they have to play so many

Last edited:
I would like to see McKinley and Warren play every year and I would like to see McKinley and Steubenville play a couple of home and home series for old time sake.

It’s a great place to watch a game. Good people, beautiful part of Ohio in the fall.
Hopefully Lucas can get them scheduled again. I'd love to make the trip down there. The Cubs have been filling their independent schedule with some real heavyweights, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the upcoming years. Heck, we made the trip to Hannibal a few seasons ago (3 hours and 15 minutes), so why not. This coming season Lucas has 10 playoff teams from last season scheduled (unfortunately that doesn't carry the weight it used to).

Said Ironton vs Morgantown bc Ironton does not care to schedule up and play. Played Sycamore 2020 and Moeller 2021. And being from SEO that’s who I would like to see them play even then playing Huntington High would be a good match up

Morgantown isn't going to travel to southwest Ohio to play a school which is equal to AA or possibly A in West Virginia. There are a lot of teams they will play sooner.

I do remember Ironton beating DuPont back in 1992. DuPont won West Virginia in AAA that year. They had a receiver named Randy Moss. Moss also played basketball with a guy named Jason Williams.

I doubt Ironton is going to travel that far either.

John Marshall played D7 Trimble this year. Out of state teams are easy points for Ohio schools. Athens got dropped by a 9-1 OCC school and Athens picked up Parkersburg South. Athens made the playoffs based off beating South since all D2 points. It is hard to get WV schools to play you if not considered AAA since they have to play so many

The West Virginia point system really penalizes teams for playing down, even if it's a good opponent. I'm not a fan of the games-in-class requirement. I think the penalties in the point system are enough.

I would like to see West Virginia go to something like the Harbin system--perhaps six for beating AAA, five for beating AA, and four for beating A.

Yes, it was nice to see Athens play a team that they actually should be playing. Play a few more D3 and D4 schools. Drop the D5 and D6 schools.

We definitely did. I was so jacked to make the trip to Glouster. I have never been there.
Small town USA down here! We love our football down here, you would've loved coming down here. The stadium is in a unique location, but it's a great place to watch games! Facilities are improving down here and it is awesome!

Morgantown isn't going to travel to southwest Ohio to play a school which is equal to AA or possibly A in West Virginia. There are a lot of teams they will play sooner.

I do remember Ironton beating DuPont back in 1992. DuPont won West Virginia in AAA that year. They had a receiver named Randy Moss. Moss also played basketball with a guy named Jason Williams.

Ironton has 392 students which’s makes them Single A in West Virginia and Ironton would absolutely whoop Morgantown which has over 2K students. Watched both play last year and it’s not even close. Huntington would be a good game but Huntington has 1600 students and does not make since for Ironton. There is not a single A (300-400 students) team in WV that even comes close to Ironton.

Ironton has 392 students which’s makes them Single A in West Virginia and Ironton would absolutely whoop Morgantown which has over 2K students. Watched both play last year and it’s not even close. Huntington would be a good game but Huntington has 1600 students and does not make since for Ironton. There is not a single A (300-400 students) team in WV that even comes close to Ironton.

I never said any A school in West Virginia would come close to beating Ironton. Huntington isn't likely to play them either, although that would be a decent game. Morgantown wasn't good at all last year.

The games are not going to happen.

Yes you are correct I highly doubt any of those games actually would happen but just hypotheticals I would enjoy it as a fan

Yes you are correct I highly doubt any of those games actually would happen but just hypotheticals I would enjoy it as a fan

Portsmouth is playing Spring Valley this year. That's in Wayne County, West Virginia, which borders Ohio and Kentucky. Now that's a AAA team that might play Ironton.

Stow Munroe Falls vs. Canton McKinley
Massillon Jackson vs Cincinnati Moeller
Massillon Perry vs. Cleveland St. Ignatius
Resume Massillon Washington vs. Massillon Perry series
Warren G. Harding vs. Massillon Jackson
Hilliard Davidson Vs. Massillon Perry
Massillon Jackson vs. Gahanna
Just a little bit of the OCC vs. The Federal League and some perennial powers vs. The Federal League would be fun to see on a regular occurrence

Would love a OCC/Fed Match up
Bradley Jackson
Pick North McKinley
Gahanna Massillon
Upper Arlington Glenoak
Olentangy Green etc

Would love a OCC/Fed Match up
Bradley Jackson
Pick North McKinley
Gahanna Massillon
Upper Arlington Glenoak
Olentangy Green etc
Jackson could schedule Davidson this year for week 2 I believe. That would be a good OOC game for both programs imo.

Pick C vs Massillon (Not Fed, but great yearly matchup)
BigNut vs Green
UA vs Lake
Gahanna vs McKinley (2 large enrollment public)
Pick North vs Glenoak
Canal/Jerome/Berlin vs Perry
Canal/Jerome/Berlin vs Hoover
Coffman/Liberty/ Davidson vs Jackson

Would be a cool annual type Week 1 challenge within Ohio a la our own “Herbie Classic”