Game Match-Up You'd like to see

For several years now, I've wanted a healthy Marion Local to play Steubenville. I think it would be a great game, and I'd definitely bet on ML. And we'll be HAPPY to come to their home turf! I think that game would live in infamy forever... I dunno, just something about "Big Red" has always rubbed me the wrong way....
If D7 Power Marion Local truly wanted to make the four and a half-hour bus trip to Steubenville, they would be more than welcome. But why not play against teams like Alter, Massie, Wyoming, and Taft that are much closer and would provide similar competition?

Walsh against Stow, and Walsh against Nordonia. These schools are neighbors and there would be great competition and interest in these games. These schools are no more than 15 minutes apart.
Walsh for many years in a row played both Stow and Nordonia. I think they stopped playing them for the reason is Walsh taking great players from Stow and Nordonia and Stow and Nordonia like a lot of public schools feel they can't compete with Walsh,Hoban, StEds ,St Ignatius, Cincinnati Moeller and these private schools.

I dunno. No knock against Avon, but I'd rather not play them twice in the same year. If one of the schools should change division, then hell yeah.
That’s pretty much why you’ll never see Toledo CC on Avon’s schedule. You know, many years, there’s a good chance you get ‘em again in November.

That’s pretty much why you’ll never see Toledo CC on Avon’s schedule. You know, many years, there’s a good chance you get ‘em again in November.
I don’t think the argument holds much weight for Massillon and Avon as history has shown that a matchup isn’t nearly as likely as we may think. Only time it happened was when they put us in a different region. The benefit of a home and home series outweighs the slim risk of playing again 13 or more weeks later

I don’t think the argument holds much weight for Massillon and Avon as history has shown that a matchup isn’t nearly as likely as we may think. Only time it happened was when they put us in a different region. The benefit of a home and home series outweighs the slim risk of playing again 13 or more weeks later
I’m okay with it.

Stow Munroe Falls vs. Canton McKinley
Massillon Jackson vs Cincinnati Moeller
Massillon Perry vs. Cleveland St. Ignatius
Resume Massillon Washington vs. Massillon Perry series
Warren G. Harding vs. Massillon Jackson
Hilliard Davidson Vs. Massillon Perry
Massillon Jackson vs. Gahanna
Just a little bit of the OCC vs. The Federal League and some perennial powers vs. The Federal League would be fun to see on a regular occurrence
The last Ignatius-Perry meeting (in the playoffs ) was really exciting.

To add to my list...

Avon at Ironton -- Much like Steubenville and Massillon, a legendary program and stadium.
Avon vs Chardon
Avon vs Kenston
Avon vs Dover
Avon vs Canfield
Avon vs St Ignatius
You want a legendary program? It's time for Avon to step up and schedule the Benedictine Bengals!

You want a legendary program? It's time for Avon to step up and schedule the Benedictine Bengals!
Maybe when the Bengals get back up to where they should be. Last time I remember seeing the Bengals against Avon, the short handed Eagles manhandled Benny. But I definitely respect the history and potential of Benedictine and hope they get back to contending.

Seriously though. Massillon-Steubenville. Neutral site somewhere (Canton? Youngstown? Warren? Cleveland?). Would be a lot of fun.
That ship has sailed. It was a lot of fun after the 40 year hiatus but Massillon is on a level that only a handful of schools are. The are an elite D1 team playing in D2.

Whitehall v Walnut Ridge
Whitehall v Independence
Whitehall v Reynoldsburg (Burg by 3 TDs)
Gahanna v Mifflin
Cols. Academy v Mifflin
Licking Heights v Newark (played few years ago)
Watkins Memorial v Newark
Heights & Watkins are the next largest schools in Licking County
Sheridan v Liberty Union
Liberty Union v Hebron Lakewood
Reynoldsburg v Walnut Ridge
West Jefferson v Jonathan Alder
West Jefferson v London
Marion Franklin v Hamilton Township
Licking Valley v Steubenville
St Clairsville v Steubenville

Just some random match-up ideas, most are probably unrealistic in terms of competition
St Clairsville vs Steubenville is a natural local rivialry. There was 1 two year contract in 2015 and 2016 resulting in 28-0 and 47-0 Big Red victories. The first one was against a 9-1 St. C team that was one of their better teams. They haven’t played since and I don’t think they ever will.

Just saw this. Steubenville’s population peaked in the 40’s at 37K…never got close to 60k. The west end was always in the cross creek and later Indian Creek school district. Stark school was built by the Criss Creek school district in the 1930’s, long before the annexation. Cross Creek SD was Wintersville. School boundaries are based on townships and dictated by the state of Ohio. When steubenville annexed the west end as the 6th ward, they had no authority over the schools. If you’re paying taxes to IC, it’s because you live in that district and the house you live in was always in that school district.
That is all factual information. Thank you for straightening out misinformation. All the good football players come from wards 1-5. 😂. All kidding aside, SHS would benefit greatly if all the kids living in Steubenville went to SHS. Open enrollment has kept some ICHS kids in Steubenville. Both schools are almost identical in enrollment so the balance is good. I’d love to see ICHS get the program back to where they can compete and get back on each others schedules. Those WHS/SHS games were epic battles with packed houses. Maybe the most intense rivialry the valley had ever seen.

Good thought. Don't know that you can get a fair game when you go to Steubenville- how many away games do they play anyhow? I think their away games accounted for 2 of their 3 losses in 2021. How many other schools play 2 away games out of a 12 game schedule?
Can’t get a fair game? That’s and you know it. It’s the excuse everyone uses when great programs win. Yes, we like to get 7-8 home games a year and generally earn 2 home playoff games. Big Red does everything first class with their facilities, academic endeavors, and sports programs. The revenue from home games helps in a big way to maintain all of those things. And when we have basically zero local teams that will play us home and home or invite us into any league it makes scheduling very difficult. And a 5 away game schedule is no big deal for many schools because those “away” games are usually only 15/30 minute trips. There is not one school in our entire county or 3 contiguous counties that will schedule us aside from Wheeling Park which is an out of state team. Denigrating a great program “blue blood” in most people’s thinking, by indicating the referees cheat is straight up garbage. Do we play more home games than most other schools….. yes. Do other schools wish they could…… absolutely. I doubt very much ML or Big Red has any interest playing a home and home. I wish they would it would be an epic match up. It’s just not going to happen. It would certainly be a very competitive game.

Stow Munroe Falls vs. Canton McKinley
Massillon Jackson vs Cincinnati Moeller
Massillon Perry vs. Cleveland St. Ignatius
Resume Massillon Washington vs. Massillon Perry series
Warren G. Harding vs. Massillon Jackson
Hilliard Davidson Vs. Massillon Perry
Massillon Jackson vs. Gahanna
Just a little bit of the OCC vs. The Federal League and some perennial powers vs. The Federal League would be fun to see on a regular occurrence
Jackson would get their doors blown off by Moeller.

Would love to have a playoff after Division Titles are won to claim an overall State Champ. Division 1 gets the bye. Division 2 v Division 7; Division 3 v Division 6; Division 4 v Division 5. Each round is reseeded by Division Champions. Hold it all at Ohio State.
The d1 andd2 champ would manhandle the d3, d4,d5 d6 d7 states best most years. D2 and d1 pick em game most years. Massillon and Hoban especially have proven they can beat d1 best teams Eds, Pickerington Central, in recent years.