Green vs Copley
Green vs Wadsworth
Jackson vs Medina
Jackson vs Solon
Lake vs Walsh Jesuit
Lake vs Ursuline
Hoover vs Hudson
Perry vs Dover

In case you wondering why this is, apparently back in the days when the steel industry was king Steubenville’s population was approaching 60k and Steubenville city schools could not meet the rapidly growing demand, so city officials unwisely agreed that students living in the newly developed west end of Steubenville would be to sent to the neighboring city of wintersville ( now Indian Creek) tax base and all.

So hundreds of kids attending big red are open enrollment, but they live inside the city of Steubenville and their parents are paying school taxes for other kids outside their own school district.
Sounds very similar to Massillon.

Anna and Fort Loramie have NEVER played?! crazy.
Back when Loramie started out as JV only for two years they played both times (Anna dominated for what it's worth). Junior High the teams have played several times. I don't know that there is any ill will reason for never matching up in a varsity game, I don't know that for sure though. Loramie has always started the year with a game against Minster and has since added various other MAC teams in week 2 just never Anna. Guessing it's just never worked out and with the two schools on track to always be different divisions I have a hard time seeing it ever happen barring Loramie ever ending up in the MAC of course.

In case you wondering why this is, apparently back in the days when the steel industry was king Steubenville’s population was approaching 60k and Steubenville city schools could not meet the rapidly growing demand, so city officials unwisely agreed that students living in the newly developed west end of Steubenville would be to sent to the neighboring city of wintersville ( now Indian Creek) tax base and all.

So hundreds of kids attending big red are open enrollment, but they live inside the city of Steubenville and their parents are paying school taxes for other kids outside their own school district.
Just saw this. Steubenville’s population peaked in the 40’s at 37K…never got close to 60k. The west end was always in the cross creek and later Indian Creek school district. Stark school was built by the Criss Creek school district in the 1930’s, long before the annexation. Cross Creek SD was Wintersville. School boundaries are based on townships and dictated by the state of Ohio. When steubenville annexed the west end as the 6th ward, they had no authority over the schools. If you’re paying taxes to IC, it’s because you live in that district and the house you live in was always in that school district.

Walsh against Stow, and Walsh against Nordonia. These schools are neighbors and there would be great competition and interest in these games. These schools are no more than 15 minutes apart.
Why did Walsh and Stow quit playing? They always played each other when I was there.

Many years ago think Walsh played Nordonia but Nordonia was bad for a period and stopped playing ,and I do think Stow and Walsh played for many years..Do not know why they did not continue other than Walsh used to get a lot of athletes from Stow I think through Holy Family…heard Stow decision makers were upset and stopped playing..you may know More info

Many years ago think Walsh played Nordonia but Nordonia was bad for a period and stopped playing ,and I do think Stow and Walsh played for many years..Do not know why they did not continue other than Walsh used to get a lot of athletes from Stow I think through Holy Family…heard Stow decision makers were upset and stopped playing..you may know More info
I just know it was typically our last game of the year. It was a big rivalry. You may be right....something happened to stop it.

For several years now, I've wanted a healthy Marion Local to play Steubenville. I think it would be a great game, and I'd definitely bet on ML. And we'll be HAPPY to come to their home turf! I think that game would live in infamy forever... I dunno, just something about "Big Red" has always rubbed me the wrong way....

Any good programs from anywhere who would come down south to Waverly, Wheelersburg, or Ironton. I’d love it at least show we’ve got some good programs

I know both Bishop Hartley and Bishop Watterson have came to Wheelersburg in years past.

Waverly has had Granville come and Johnstown this year.
And Ironton had Moeller come just this season.

Badin vs Hamilton, with extended playoffs I think they should play every year.
Would be a HUGE gate like the few times they have played in the past, Hamilton would win most years but Badin could make it interesting sometimes

Badin vs Hamilton, with extended playoffs I think they should play every year.
Would be a HUGE gate like the few times they have played in the past, Hamilton would win most years but Badin could make it interesting sometimes
Badin would boat race them this year

Badin would boat race them this year
Not so sure about that, but this would be one of Badins better chances to win. Overall size and speed is greater for Hamilton, as it is most years just due to size difference in the schools. Would be alot of fun though either way and a great atmosphere

Not so sure about that, but this would be one of Badins better chances to win. Overall size and speed is greater for Hamilton, as it is most years just due to size difference in the schools. Would be alot of fun though either way and a great atmosphere
They used to play routinely when Garfield and Taft combined and Badin would beat them more than not.

in the Ohio Heritage Conference..

Catholic Central vs Lehman Catholic
South Charleston Southeastern vs Chillicothe Southeastern
Fairbanks vs North Union
Fairbanks vs Ben Logan
Mechanicsburg vs North Union
West Liberty Salem vs Indian Lake
Greeneview vs Miami Trace
Greeneview vs East Clinton
Greeneview vs Adena
Triad vs Riverside
Madison Plains vs Miami Trace
West Jefferson vs Wheelersburg
West Jefferson vs Columbus Academy
West Jefferson vs Jonathan Alder

in the Ohio Heritage Conference..

Catholic Central vs Lehman Catholic
South Charleston Southeastern vs Chillicothe Southeastern
Fairbanks vs North Union
Fairbanks vs Ben Logan
Mechanicsburg vs North Union
West Liberty Salem vs Indian Lake
Greeneview vs Miami Trace
Greeneview vs East Clinton
Greeneview vs Adena
Triad vs Riverside
Madison Plains vs Miami Trace
West Jefferson vs Wheelersburg
West Jefferson vs Columbus Academy
West Jefferson vs Jonathan Alder
Greeneview and East Clinton use to be in the KTC together. They played each other in a home and home around 2010 I believe.

Avon at Massillon
Avon at Steubenville
Avon at Canton McKinley
Avon vs Hudson
Avon vs Mentor
Avon vs LaSalle
Avon vs Winton Woods

Just a few to get started.