Division III State Championship: Hamilton Badin (14-0) vs. Chardon (15-0)

Who wins?

• Chardon by 17+

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Chardon by 8-16

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • Chardon by 1-7

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • Badin by 1-7

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Badin by 8-16

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Badin by 17+

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some numbers that i just happened to come across on a bathroom wall for the finals:
St Ed’s -8.5
Hoban -14.5
Chardon -14
Ursuline -6.5
Kirtland -14
Coldwater -14
Marion Local -24

*. for information purposes only of course
Don’t know where you got those spreads, they all seem a bit high. Calpreps has them:

St Ed’s 28 - Springfield 14
Hoban 28 - Winton Woods 17
Chardon 24 - Badin 17
Youngstown Ursuline 35 - Clinton Massie 34
Kirtland 27 - Versailles 17
Coldwater 24 - Carey 21
Marion Local 31 - Newark Catholic 14
Spreads are different than Calpreps because they're trying to drive "sales." Calpreps is projecting the games.

Side note - interesting 5 NE Ohio teams + 2/3 MAC are favored by both.

I feel as if this 3:30 pm game for Badin may throw them in a loop since the kids aren't used to it and Chardon has some experience from last year. I'm sure im wrong since the adrenaline will be going thru the roof come game time..

As far as.
Every Division State Final game i believe should experience the 7:00 night game. If the ohsaa is going to give the night games to the better and higher divisons which i think is totally fair. Division 1-7:00pm Friday. Division 2-7:00pm Thursday. Then they should freaking give Division 3 Badin and Chardon the Saturday at 7:00pm. Instead of Division 5. It's bull and we all know it. Or split the games up between the Canton stadium and the Osu stadium and let every divison experience that 7:00 night game. Im sure the kids wouldn't mind playing at either or. I could care less about the drive time. I have to work as do others on Friday.
No, you’re not wrong because of the adrenaline rush … you’re wrong because we played at 7pm in Massillon last year.

Anyone, anytime, anywhere. Doesn’t matter to the Hilltoppers. Just tell us where to be, and we’ll be there to work hard, hit harder, and play Chardon style football.

I
With Badin's QB out the dynamic aspect of the offense is reduced greatly. Badin will need to play GREAT defense...once again. If Chardon is marching down the field like Patton's 3rd Army, it will be long night for the Rams. Badin's ultimate goal has to be to keep Chardon's scoring under 21. When the Rams do that...they win. If that doesn't happen then things become tough for Badin.

Look, Badin has a long proud tradition I can promise anyone reading this that program will not be WOWed by Chardon. If Chardon is better Badin will tip their hat, shake their hand and congratulate them. They are playing a team that is the defending state champ, they have won a 27-28 games in row (btw Badin has won 21 of 22 ;) Chardon is the favorite. One thing is assured Badin will give them hell.
I think it’s the most intriguing match up of the State Finals.
I have no dog in the fight in any of these title matches.
Just love Ohio High School Football.

Only 2 Teams left in Division 3 and they both overwhelmingly deserve to be playing.

No, you’re not wrong because of the adrenaline rush … you’re wrong because we played at 7pm in Massillon last year.

Anyone, anytime, anywhere. Doesn’t matter to the Hilltoppers. Just tell us where to be, and we’ll be there to work hard, hit harder, and play Chardon style football.
I'm glad im wrong for not knowing it was at 7:00 last year. I would know if my team made it that far. Buncha losers..

But uh.
Thanks Coach. Very inspiring speech. Gave me chills. Shoewee.

I'm glad im wrong for not knowing it was at 7:00 last year. I would know if my team made it that far. Buncha losers..

But uh.
Thanks Coach. Very inspiring speech. Gave me chills. Shoewee.
I love how all you Badin people are playing the underdog card so well. “Chardon has experience playing on a Friday at 3, so we’ll be at a disadvantage there”. Blah blah blah. I am glad your team and players are tougher than their fans - I guarantee they don’t care what time they play. You will probably stay home in your warm house in one of the 17 zip codes and pirate the stream of the game.

I love how all you Badin people are playing the underdog card so well. “Chardon has experience playing on a Friday at 3, so we’ll be at a disadvantage there”. Blah blah blah. I am glad your team and players are tougher than their fans - I guarantee they don’t care what time they play. You will probably stay home in your warm house in one of the 17 zip codes and pirate the stream of the game.
Seems you’re laying the foundation for sour grapes ?

Most Badin fans dont gaf about game time. You need to focus on the game and not those zip codes home boy ?

I

I think it’s the most intriguing match up of the State Finals.
I have no dog in the fight in any of these title matches.
Just love Ohio High School Football.

Only 2 Teams left in Division 3 and they both overwhelmingly deserve to be playing.
Agree 100%… I’m seriously considering taking the day off and getting the Friday package for all 3 games. Being from Ytown I want to see Ursuline and of course this game who I absolutely agree are the 2 best teams in D3. Not as interested in the D1 game but $38 for 3 State Championship games ain’t bad in my opinion. Best of luck to both teams. Should be fun!

Last edited:
Seems you’re laying the foundation for sour grapes ?
Quite the opposite, zeeeeeeeeeeeeeman. I think you have a great team, and it’s going to be an incredible Championship played the way Ohio football should be played. The best, most physical team that makes the fewest mistakes will likely win. Making pre-excuses about what time the game is, who has to travel farther, who has what injuries … that’s for the amateur-hour armchair quarterbacks. I KNOW our kids and coaches aren’t making any excuses, and I would assume the same about Badin.

From our great principal, Doug Murray.

Attachments

• God Loves The Wing T.jpeg
    God Loves The Wing T.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 35
Hahaha, this is the worst trash talking thread ever…..! Says a little something about the two schools when the fans cant even trash talk very effectively……. It has been entertaining though……..

I feel as if this 3:30 pm game for Badin may throw them in a loop since the kids aren't used to it and Chardon has some experience from last year. I'm sure im wrong since the adrenaline will be going thru the roof come game time..

As far as.
Every Division State Final game i believe should experience the 7:00 night game. If the ohsaa is going to give the night games to the better and higher divisons which i think is totally fair. Division 1-7:00pm Friday. Division 2-7:00pm Thursday. Then they should freaking give Division 3 Badin and Chardon the Saturday at 7:00pm. Instead of Division 5. It's bull and we all know it. Or split the games up between the Canton stadium and the Osu stadium and let every divison experience that 7:00 night game. Im sure the kids wouldn't mind playing at either or. I could care less about the drive time. I have to work as do others on Friday.
The truth is Badin has to adjust to change constantly. They don't have have a home field, they're like one of the nomads of SW ohio. They play on Fridays, Saturdays (literally morning, noon and night)...whenever they can get a field. Hamilton, Fairfield, Monroe, Edgewood, Ross have all been called "home" at times. Those boys will adjust, they always have.

Last edited:
The truth is Badin has to adjust to change constantly. They don't have have a home field, they're like one of the nomads of SW ohio. They play on Fridays, Saturdays...whenever they can get a field. Hamilton, Fairfield, Monroe, Edgewood, Ross have all been called "home" at times. Those boys will adjust, they always have.
How can a snotty, privileged Catholic school not have a home field? Why would their “recruits” want to play for such a school?

I'll be there with bells on brother. No way I would miss this in person. I called for a Badin win at the start this discussion no excuses here and I also know for a fact that no one on the Badin coaching staff is making any either.

Quite the opposite, zeeeeeeeeeeeeeman. I think you have a great team, and it’s going to be an incredible Championship played the way Ohio football should be played. The best, most physical team that makes the fewest mistakes will likely win. Making pre-excuses about what time the game is, who has to travel farther, who has what injuries … that’s for the amateur-hour armchair quarterbacks. I KNOW our kids and coaches aren’t making any excuses, and I would assume the same about Badin.
I really hope you’re a player on the team and not just a “fan”

I'v seen every state semifinal and championship game that the rams have played in except the 1980 semis. Only twice have the Rams not been up to the caliber of team they played-1978 finals against Brookfield-Marcus Marek, Darwin Ulmer were DI studs and the 1998 semis-DeSales-MEN! I have no clue what Chardon brings to the table but I feel the fighting Yordys will be prepared and give it their best. See ya'll Friday at 3.

I really hope you’re a player on the team and not just a “fan”
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzman … I am POSITIVE that the players talk trash 1000x better that those of us who stand on the back row and talk about the glory days. And like you said, hard to do when we have been hunkered down in this lowly Region 9 and NE Ohio football, which can’t hold a candle to Region 12 and the outstanding talent from the Cinci-tucky area. Don’t know much about Badin outside of their reputation and record, and can’t complain about a school that earned their way there through the gauntlet of Region 12.
This has been the desired and presumed matchup since week 6 or 7 -ish, and I love that it came to be.

I love hard it is for you to not hit the reply back button.

My house is warm. Thank you. Some of have to work though. As to why i was upset it wasn't at 7:00 instead of 3:00. Keep your pirate fetish to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.