Division III State Championship: Hamilton Badin (14-0) vs. Chardon (15-0)

Who wins?

• Chardon by 17+

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Chardon by 8-16

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • Chardon by 1-7

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • Badin by 1-7

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Badin by 8-16

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Badin by 17+

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Badin may try to exploit Chardons pass defense with two of Chardons DB/LB hurt (if they’re actually unable to play) The sophomore QB seems to throw a good accurate ball and IMO it will be tough sledding for Badin to run the ball on Chardon consistently as they load the box. That being said, if Walsh gets even a little crease he can exploit it. Badin plays a more field position conservative approach and relies on their defense to give them short field. This will be an intriguing match up if Badin can play a clean game and cut down on drive killing penalties which have plagued them this year. Chardon is up there with the MAC schools and Kirtland in respect level and Badin is a heavy underdog, but hey, they will get their chance
Hey Z, no other Badin guys on Yappi to add some input? Trying to help out but only seen the Rams once.??‍♂️

Hey Z, no other Badin guys on Yappi to add some input? Trying to help out but only seen the Rams once.??‍♂️
Not many Badin people post on here anymore. There are a couple and the hawg is a Ross guy but he knows way more football than I do and he will post more as the week goes on I’m sure. All I know is Yordy is one heck of a coach and I’m sure he will have the Rams ready to give it their best shot

With Badin's QB out the dynamic aspect of the offense is reduced greatly. Badin will need to play GREAT defense...once again. If Chardon is marching down the field like Patton's 3rd Army, it will be long night for the Rams. Badin's ultimate goal has to be to keep Chardon's scoring under 21. When the Rams do that...they win. If that doesn't happen then things become tough for Badin.

Look, Badin has a long proud tradition I can promise anyone reading this that program will not be WOWed by Chardon. If Chardon is better Badin will tip their hat, shake their hand and congratulate them. They are playing a team that is the defending state champ, they have won a 27-28 games in row (btw Badin has won 21 of 22 ;) Chardon is the favorite. One thing is assured Badin will give them hell.

Badin will spread you out but they look to run the ball and control the clock. Play great D and capitalize off of the short field when they get a stop or force a turnover. I hope they look to get Moore as many touches as possible, as it seems something positive happens whenever he gets looks. Walsh is tough and I think the Badin coaches will find a way to pick up yards in the running game. Bottom line the recipe for a Badin win will be with great D and opportunistic O. I don't see them being able to win a shootout. If their D can continue to do what is has done all year minus a half against CJ, they will have a shot to win it at the end.

Badin will spread you out but they look to run the ball and control the clock. Play great D and capitalize off of the short field when they get a stop or force a turnover. I hope they look to get Moore as many touches as possible, as it seems something positive happens whenever he gets looks. Walsh is tough and I think the Badin coaches will find a way to pick up yards in the running game. Bottom line the recipe for a Badin win will be with great D and opportunistic O. I don't see them being able to win a shootout. If their D can continue to do what is has done all year minus a half against CJ, they will have a shot to win it at the end.
With Badin's QB out the dynamic aspect of the offense is reduced greatly. Badin will need to play GREAT defense...once again. If Chardon is marching down the field like Patton's 3rd Army, it will be long night for the Rams. Badin's ultimate goal has to be to keep Chardon's scoring under 21. When the Rams do that...they win. If that doesn't happen then things become tough for Badin.

Look, Badin has a long proud tradition I can promise anyone reading this that program will not be WOWed by Chardon. If Chardon is better Badin will tip their hat, shake their hand and congratulate them. They are playing a team that is the defending state champ, they have won a 27-28 games in row (btw Badin has won 21 of 22 ;) Chardon is the favorite. One thing is assured Badin will give them hell.
Totally agree guys, they will need to make Chardon do want they don’t want to which is pass more. Nobody outside of Desales last year has been able to even come close to them in two years, quite impressive. Badin will need to have a game very similar to the Granville game where they completely stone their running game. It’s going to be awesome to see a very good Badin team try to take down the monster

Thanks. I'm staying for all 3 on Friday and was least knowledgeable about Badin over all the other teams. So hearing Badin lost their QB is concerning knowing I am hoping for 3 great games.

Hey Hawg, Patton’s army is a good analogy for what CHARDON does, and the record is a little more granular than that only lost 1 game out of the last 36 games we played. Anyway, I’m curious what you feed those Ross kids, watched the film on the game vs Badin and those boys are huge! I gotta give up the respect for this team to find a way around those guys and figure out how to win. Ross looks like they are a force of a team to contend with. Those experiences will all play out in the State Final…….

Hey Hawg, Patton’s army is a good analogy for what CHARDON does, and the record is a little more granular than that only lost 1 game out of the last 36 games we played. Anyway, I’m curious what you feed those Ross kids, watched the film on the game vs Badin and those boys are huge! I gotta give up the respect for this team to find a way around those guys and figure out how to win. Ross looks like they are a force of a team to contend with. Those experiences will all play out in the State Final…….
Ross had a solid year. I have a boy that played there. Big physical kids on the OL, their defense has always been a bit undersized. Their '21 class ('20 season) was something special. If they had a defense that squad might have been playing Chardon last December. Triple option team, well coached. Their head coach is a former marine and you can see his work ethic in their players. He's done a nice job there.

Ross had a solid year. I have a boy that played there. Big physical kids on the OL, their defense has always been a bit undersized. Their '21 class ('20 season) was something special. If they had a defense that squad might have been playing Chardon last December. Triple option team, well coached. Their head coach is a former marine and you can see his work ethic in their players. He's done a nice job there.
They sure scored a lot. Think you might be right.

News-Herald preps (@NHPreps) Tweeted:
. @topperfb coach Mitch Hewitt winning this press conference. i.e. Chardon's culture: "We do things that in five years are probably gonna get us all fired. When our parents become soft, Chardon football will die a slow death."

True story. Love it. I don’t see Chardon parents becoming soft anytime soon though.
Buy them all Bane masks

Badin has a very strong team all around. I can guarantee that they will come in ready to stop the run. Badin's defense against the run is always great because the defensive coordinater always have them ready. Wouldn't be surprised if chardon has to break out the passing game to win. Granville's passing game hurt badins D and in big games has been what lost them the game, due to big plays. This is what happened in the last 2 play off losses by badin. That being said Badin's D will be more than prepare for chardon, the game will come down to who shows up to play. If chardon has to pass the ball, they better get it off quick becauss there are some good Defensive linemen that get home quick. Offensively it does hurt that badin's QB is out, that being said the back up is still a very good player, and after the showing of bellbrook, he has testicles made of steel that drag on the ground. Badin will always look to the run game to win a game. Badin has a small back who has great vision, and can make a gain of 2 into a gain of 7. Badin does not like to rely on there passing game, but if they need to they certainly can. I do not know much about chardon besides that they have are a very good team. Regardless about what people want to say about each teams capabilities, the game will come down to which team shows up to play. Both teams will be prepared and ready, whichever one executes will win.

It is a great thing but we all know what happens with football and private schools. I’ll take that public school from the snow belt in this one. Chardon wins this one 20-0.
Oh please enlighten us on what you know about football and private schools. Better yet let us know what you know about football because it sounds like you really have no clue.

I don’t this game will be anywhere close to a shootout. With 2 ball control, clock-eating offenses we could be done pretty quickly! Thanks for the overview on Badin. Looking forward to a great game!

Oh please enlighten us on what you know about football and private schools. Better yet let us know what you know about football because it sounds like you really have no clue.
Doesn’t matter, apparently you are the clueless one. When you figure it out let me know. Good luck and congrats to Badin on making it this far.

Doesn’t matter, apparently you are the clueless one. When you figure it out let me know. Good luck and congrats to Badin on making it this far.
Wow that was quite the comeback. So you actually admit that you don’t know anything about the drivel you type. Those “cheating Catholics” goes so far on these boards. If you don’t know, you don’t know. Just post your support for your team and your prediction without the alluded cheater nonsense, unless you’re the guy that will be the first to use it as an excuse if Badin wins the game. You seem like you’re that guy. But hey you do you.

Gotta love it. Guys on message boards accusing someone, who played QB at the DI level in college, of being clueless about football. ?
@ColdWindBlows you must have been one hell of an athlete to do it on talent alone.

Gotta love it. Guys on message boards accusing someone, who played QB at the DI level in college, of being clueless about football. ?
@ColdWindBlows you must have been one hell of an athlete to do it on talent alone.
And you know this because someone else on this board told you that he was. I read it on the internet so it must be true! Nice to have the online bromance going on. BTW I played in the CFL and won Two Grey Cups?

And you know this because someone else on this board told you that he was. I read it on the internet so it must be true! Nice to have the online bromance going on. BTW I played in the CFL and won Two Grey Cups?
From a guy that would deny that private schools recruit ? And no I'm not one that complains about it. You play the hand you are dealt. I always felt more like work harder and beat them anyway.

From a guy that would deny that private schools recruit ? And no I'm not one that complains about it. You play the hand you are dealt. I always felt more like work harder and beat them anyway.
I never said you were the excuse maker, unless you and he are truly one and not just the bromantic type. Never did I allude to the fact that recruiting doesn’t go on, public and private everyone does in different ways. Just wanted your buddy to fill me in on his intimate knowledge, seeing how he put it out there about “we all know”. I thought maybe I had missed something on 30 million other threads discussing this exact topic in depth. But now that I know ? he was a D1 QB5 I’ll anoint him as all knowing football guru, and retract. Nah I’m good.

Here are some numbers that i just happened to come across on a bathroom wall for the finals:
St Ed’s -8.5
Hoban -14.5
Chardon -14
Ursuline -6.5
Kirtland -14
Coldwater -14
Marion Local -24

*. for information purposes only of course

Don’t know where you got those spreads, they all seem a bit high. Calpreps has them:

St Ed’s 28 - Springfield 14
Hoban 28 - Wintin Woods 17
Chardon 24 - Badin 17
Youngstown Ursuline 35 - Clinton Massie 34
Kirtland 27 - Versailles 17
Coldwater 24 - Carey 21
Marion Local 31 - Newark Catholic 14

I feel as if this 3:30 pm game for Badin may throw them in a loop since the kids aren't used to it and Chardon has some experience from last year. I'm sure im wrong since the adrenaline will be going thru the roof come game time..

As far as.
Every Division State Final game i believe should experience the 7:00 night game. If the ohsaa is going to give the night games to the better and higher divisons which i think is totally fair. Division 1-7:00pm Friday. Division 2-7:00pm Thursday. Then they should freaking give Division 3 Badin and Chardon the Saturday at 7:00pm. Instead of Division 5. It's bull and we all know it. Or split the games up between the Canton stadium and the Osu stadium and let every divison experience that 7:00 night game. Im sure the kids wouldn't mind playing at either or. I could care less about the drive time. I have to work as do others on Friday.

I feel as if this 3:30 pm game for Badin may throw them in a loop since the kids aren't used to it and Chardon has some experience from last year. I'm sure im wrong since the adrenaline will be going thru the roof come game time..

As far as.
Every Division State Final game i believe should experience the 7:00 night game. If the ohsaa is going to give the night games to the better and higher divisons which i think is totally fair. Division 1-7:00pm Friday. Division 2-7:00pm Thursday. Then they should freaking give Division 3 Badin and Chardon the Saturday at 7:00pm. Instead of Division 5. It's bull and we all know it. Or split the games up between the Canton stadium and the Osu stadium and let every divison experience that 7:00 night game. Im sure the kids wouldn't mind playing at either or. I could care less about the drive time. I have to work as do others on Friday.
Interesting proposal. Keep in mind though, the OHSAA isn't scheduling these games for "the kids" - this is about making money. Spectrum has as much of a say in this as anyone else. D1 & D2 get primetime (tickets + TV money) and D5 gets Saturday 7pm kick because Kirtland has the longest winning streak in the USofA and they figure they'll get more eyeballs for that. Not saying it's right or wrong, but if you're from the Badin area you might not realize that. I'm sure the Chardon folks are well aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.