Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Alter by 1-8

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Alter by 9-16

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Alter by 17+

Votes: 28 26.4%

• Total voters

The alter defense seems to be hot right now. However, I quick score comparison with like opponents shows that Alter and Hartley to be pretty even. Hartley , Sheridan and Steubenville seem to be pretty even. That obviously means that Steubenville and Alter are fairly even and also if your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle. Although in this day and age she can just say she’s your uncle and you have to respect that.

ROLL RED ROLL!!!!! Alter is a good match up for Big Red, and they always play each other touch…. This is gonna be another battle between these 2 great teams…..I just watched them play Indian hill, very impressed, but Coach Sac will have Big Red ready for war. RRR!!!!!!!!

As far as Alter goes, you can expect much of what traditional Alter teams bring. They’ll have a physical style of offensive football and a strong defense. I would say the Knights are hitting their stride at a perfect time. Should be a great game. I see it as a lower scoring game. Something like 21-17, either way.

Since i live a 3 minute walk from Westerville Centrals football Stadium I'm here to answer questions on parking and eating establishments to hit before the game.

Brief starting point for both teams. Parking there is 3 lots at the school one on the West Side , 2 on the East Side. If they fill up there is a small lot across the street to the North at the Elementary School. The School is located on Mount Royal . At Mount Royal and Hilmar to the East of the School at the 4 way stop just to the North is a Park you can park heading North on the street there and its a 5-8 minute walk at best to get to the gate. If the Hillbilly on the corner doesn't have his 2 cars and 2 pickup trucks sitting there you can get 20 - 25 cars up that side of Hilmar .

Big Red Fans : looks like which ever way you come you will end up traveling North on Sunbury road and then East on County Line and a Right on Spring / Tussic Road . If you come across OH-36 to OH 16 to Sunbury Rd ( Less miles 2-3 minutes longer than taking 70W ) when you get off on Sunbury Rd heading North very quickly on the right there is a Harry Buffalo's Restaurant. Full Service Bar / American Fare Food. Great Bison Burgers and Hennessy Hot Chicken. Fairly large Menu something for every one. About 12-15 Minutes from the Stadium Tops.
Further up Sunbury at County Line Rd turn left and on the right there is a strip center 5 minutes from the Stadium . You'll find Family owned Minco's Italian Restaurant, good food . Small place w/ Domestic beers and small wine selection. Right next store is Time and Change Restaurant and Full Service Bar. Very Good Chicken Wings, Pizza Subs , Pizza and Sandwiches . Nice Beer selection, Spirt's and some Wines. ( We eat at both places regularly . ) Both have good service . There is a Subway and Chinese Restaurant in the Strip Center also. Up Sunbury Rd at the Next light still 5 minutes from the Stadium is Antonio's Italian Restaurant limited Beer and Wine Selection but the Lasagna is killer. Also a carryout there for additional pre game Road Pops. :) The Bad news the DiCarlos in uptown Westerville has closed .
All this to the East of the Stadium .

Kettering Alter Fans: Guessing your directions will either get you off 270 at Cleveland Ave / State Street in Westerville or swing you up 71n to get off at Polaris Pkw. . There is hundreds of places to stop for a bite to eat , but i'll give you some places within 5-10 minutes of the Stadium to the West . At the Intersection of Polaris Parkway / Maxtown Rd ( Goes by both names . Its Maxtown in Westerville ) and Cleveland Ave / State Street yep another two names street. So in Westerville Maxtown and State Street at the light if you go left down to 2nd light on the Left is Giamarroco's Italian Restaurant big place great food a little pricey. But 3 minutes down Mount Royal to the Stadium or less.
At the light on SE side in Giant Eagle Plaza there is Classic Bar and Pizza A Beer and a Shot crowd . Adele will be bartending and she's excellent very good Pizza , Sandwiches and Wings. Order out front and go into the bar. There is also a Los Margarita's to the right down the sidewalk . Decent hispanic food good Margaritas.
The NE Kroger Center is the hidden gem. In the parking lot behind the Wendy's is Ray Ray's BBQ Guy Fieri featured them on Diners/Drive Ins and Dives . This is a pick up and head to the parking lot to tailgate. the owner raises his own Free Range Pigs and Bisons and they cook everything in the Parking lot right there. Get the St Louis Ribs / Wet w/ BBQ Sauce ummm ummm.

Any Questions i'll check in during the week. ***** VERY Important , Nobody in Westerville cooks on Friday (LOL) its best to be seated between 4:30 - 5:30 anywhere around Hooterville on a Friday Night .

Side Note: Downtown Westerville on State Street about 12-14 minutes from the Stadium has numerous places to eat also . I can recommend a few if anyone wants. You can park and walk to all most all of them.

Quick note: Big Red Fans don't get confused if you come East on County line to Westerville Central you will drive right by Westerville North HS , Central is located a few miles to the North of North on the same side street. Got It?

do Westerville, Hilliard, Dublin and Pick all have three DI public high schools? and what is the deal with all the Olentangy named schools? are they all in the same town? I'm from the south and have wondered about this.

do Westerville, Hilliard, Dublin and Pick all have three DI public high schools? and what is the deal with all the Olentangy named schools? are they all in the same town? I'm from the south and have wondered about this.
I believe those schools names are all based on the townships they are located in. There’s Liberty township, Berlin Township and Orange township. The original Olentangy high is is simply the school districts name.

Pick only has 2 , Olentangy will have 5 soon. Olentangy really isn't a town per say more like a Huge School district with lots of Urban Sprawl that was great farmland. Not much character just a lot of housing developments popping up everywhere.

Westerville, Hilliard, and Dublin all have 3 high schools. Picktown has 2.