Div I, Region 4 Playoff Thread

You can look up your own posts. There's a mechanism on your Yappi account which lets you do that.
I know what I’ve said .Don’t have to look it up .you look it up Another of your many egregious errors and example of you thinking it is because you think it or say it

Last edited:
It begins to feel like the Refs want West to win. Call after call in favor of West. I call
was
Mason has the largest male enrollment in the state. After OHSAA adjustments they are #3 for purposes of determining divisions. No high school coach does LESS with more than Castner. Every few years he’ll have a decent record, but always loses after 1-2 games in the playoffs. If you are a parent or student athlete in Mason and you are passionate about playing at the next level, you are leaving the district to play elsewhere. Coaching is a huge factor at this level and a perfect example is Lakota West where Larry Cox, just like Castner had a huge enrollment, great faculties, good families, all kinds of talent but limped along with .500 records. Enter Bolden and LW is in the regional finals 2-3 years straight and Colerain who owned the GMC under Bolden struggles without him.
I would add Krause to those 2 at Fairfield. At least Castner has made it a couple of times to the 3rd round. Krause has never made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs at Fairfield and his teams routinely under achieved including this year. But for some reason he’s never mentioned here.

I know what I’ve said .Don’t have to look it up .you look it up Another of your many egregious errors and example of you thinking it is because you think it or say it
But so far, what I've been saying is coming true. SHS is looking more and more like that 5-5 St Xavier team in 2016. You have to admit that...

But so far, what I've been saying is coming true. SHS is looking more and more like that 5-5 St Xavier team in 2016. You have to admit that...
No. I don’t. Remember one team consistently spits the bit before the finish line. The other has multiple state champ trophies…..That’s where I’d draw the line. I’m sure you agree

Last edited:
No. I don’t. Remember one team consistently spits the bit before the finish line. The other has multiple state champ trophies…..That’s where I’d draw the line. I’m sure you agree
But this is the first time SHS was 5-5 entering the playoffs. And they're getting the job done. Last Friday, they looked like a state champion. If they get to State again, they can beat Moeller or LW.

But this is the first time SHS was 5-5 entering the playoffs. And they're getting the job done. Last Friday, they looked like a state champion. If they get to State again, they can beat Moeller or LW.
If you say so. Whatever you say
It is because you say so
They were 5-5………

If Eds makes it to Canton am I going to have to listen River Boy say how Eds has never seen speed like Springfield? Or Eds has never seen a QB like Springfiled's QB?

I get that Springfiled may end up winning it all, but do I (or anyone who faces them) have to listen to that for a week? I almost want Eds to lose now so I don't have to endure that for a full week.

I always find it funny that Moeller fans dogs on the GMC like it’s an even playing field. One conference provides financial aid and can pull from a large geographic area. The other does not.
This is a matter of opinion. Number of GMC Schools have Open Enrollment. You do realize that Moeller West Chester Parents Pay for their Kid to go to School and Yours?

I think this wins the "comment" of the century post. I can't stop laughing at this. Playing in the GCL back in the 90s I see nothing has changed w the sarcasm 🤣🤣🤣
I wasn’t even being sarcastic- meant every word plus a bunch of other choice ones I yelled at my screen every time they showed that guy. I must say- It’s really good hot chocolate though, looking forward to it!

Just because the enrollment is large, does not mean they can line up and play football. A lot of those kids have two left feet and they’re strictly for the Mason education and maybe the band. That maybe the problem, they are too affluent. Their reputation attracts too many families that could care less about football.
A big part of Masons problem (as I have talked about before when this is brought up) is they only have one middle school. You lose a TON of kids who see the writing on the wall when they make the B team or don’t get on the field (or the court) in 7/8th grade.

This is a matter of opinion. Number of GMC Schools have Open Enrollment. You do realize that Moeller West Chester Parents Pay for their Kid to go to School and Yours?
Correct. Add to it, there was plenty of movement of players this season within the GMC:
East to West
West to Mason
Mason to Princeton

West's run defense was outstanding. There was nothing available up the middle.

Here's the punt return penalty. I see the technicality, but still seems like a tough one.

Is there a full game replay online? I'd like to see the whole sequence of the mystery penalty that wiped out a fourth down conversion. I didn't see any flag and the specific penalty was not announced over the PA.
#44 for West was in fact blindsided it is clear as day. The refs missed some calls, but they got some right and that was one. That's a call that addresses player safety, the ref has to throw the flag. Princeton fans believed this would be all part of their coronation as kings of region 4 (once again). Even going so far as to fantasize about reliving their 80s memories by playing Moeller in the regional final. As I said, the West team Princeton played this Friday was clearly a different team than week 2 and Princeton found out. It's a new age Princeton fans, shake your heads and get out of your 80s haze and snap back into reality. West owns the GMC and you know it.

A big part of Masons problem (as I have talked about before when this is brought up) is they only have one middle school. You lose a TON of kids who see the writing on the wall when they make the B team or don’t get on the field (or the court) in 7/8th grade.
That's a great thought but not entirely correct. Most sports have multiple teams (Green/White/Black) so more kids get playing time.

I wasn’t even being sarcastic- meant every word plus a bunch of other choice ones I yelled at my screen every time they showed that guy. I must say- It’s really good hot chocolate though, looking forward to it!
Moeller is on the visiting side for this one. It’s already been reported, there will be no hot chocolate served on that side. Castner’s staff is running the concessions there. 🙃

You do realize that Moeller can offer a scholarship for a considerably better education. Just cause Jimmy in Band from Blue Ash parents pay, doesn’t mean your running back is paying to go to private school.

#44 for West was in fact blindsided it is clear as day. The refs missed some calls, but they got some right and that was one. That's a call that addresses player safety, the ref has to throw the flag. Princeton fans believed this would be all part of their coronation as kings of region 4 (once again). Even going so far as to fantasize about reliving their 80s memories by playing Moeller in the regional final. As I said, the West team Princeton played this Friday was clearly a different team than week 2 and Princeton found out. It's a new age Princeton fans, shake your heads and get out of your 80s haze and snap back into reality. West owns the GMC and you know it.
Just remember when Princeton own the GMC and made it out of the region they won it . So until West wins it all stop talking

Just remember when Princeton own the GMC and made it out of the region they won it . So until West wins it all stop talking
No one remembers 40 years ago. Colerain and Lima Senior have had titles since then out of the GMC. Those aren't relevant to 2023 either.

Who cares? Lakota West has a infinitely more respectable record this millennium, if you have to go back 40 years to make a point that's pretty laughable. Almost as laughable as suggesting that Moeller provides better education than Lakota or Mason, which has the potential to knock Chris Rock out of a prime time slot for comedy gold.

A bigger part is the demographics. 25% of that largest enrollment is of Asian and Indian descent, which historically produce little to no talent in Athletics in anything outside of cricket. Add onto that they are highly affluent (I believe they are 2nd only to Indian Hill in SWO), historically speaking the high level athletes in football are from individuals coming from lower income families.

You still think at least one time in that period though they would have found some star QB.

No one from Mason or the WC gets a “considerably better education” at Moeller. lol.
Lakota is not yet and probably won't ever be comparable to Mason educationally. Its 3.5 stars for West compared to 5 stars on most recent report card.

bigger part is the demographics. 25% of that largest enrollment is of Asian and Indian descent, which historically produce little to no talent in Athletics in anything outside of cricket. Add onto that they are highly affluent (I believe they are 2nd only to Indian Hill in SWO), historically speaking the high level athletes in football are from individuals coming from lower income families.
I believe Mason is over 30% Asian now, but its still a huge school where enough talent should be found and developed.
I dont put any stock in the affluency argument when you compare Mason to Centerville, Upper Arlington, or the Olentangy schools.

Who cares? Lakota West has a infinitely more respectable record this millennium, if you have to go back 40 years to make a point that's pretty laughable. Almost as laughable as suggesting that Moeller provides better education than Lakota or Mason, which has the potential to knock Chris Rock out of a prime time slot for comedy gold.
You get a very good education at Moeller. What are you talking about? Half the kids that go to LW & Mason wear slippers and pajamas to school. Much less look up from their cell phones.

You get a very good education at Moeller. What are you talking about? Half the kids that go to LW & Mason wear slippers and pajamas to school. Much less look up from their cell phones.
Mason is a much better high school than Moeller. There is a pretty big drop off in big public school quality in Cincinnati after Walnut Hills, Sycamore, Mason, and Turpin (Mariemont, Madeira, Wyoming, and Indian Hill are all excellent as well, albeit smaller), with the Lakotas on that next tier, which is probably around where Moeller is too. Let's not pretend that Moeller isn't an athletic school first and an academic school (a decent one at least) second. Carl Kremer being named principal tells me all I need to know about their priorities. Now, the Moeller network probably opens more opportunities than the Lakotas do in future life, but that has nothing to do with their quality of education.

Mason is a much better high school than Moeller. There is a pretty big drop off in big public school quality in Cincinnati after Walnut Hills, Sycamore, Mason, and Turpin (Mariemont, Madeira, Wyoming, and Indian Hill are all excellent as well, albeit smaller), with the Lakotas on that next tier, which is probably around where Moeller is too. Let's not pretend that Moeller isn't an athletic school first and an academic school (a decent one at least) second. Carl Kremer being named principal tells me all I need to know about their priorities. Now, the Moeller network probably opens more opportunities than the Lakotas do in future life, but that has nothing to do with their quality of education.
Pathetic response. Please look at the statistics of academic accomplishments instead of your dribble. This year alone there are
Incipient drivel. Believe what you will. Those are not the facts.