Div I, Region 4 Playoff Thread

Elder will beat Oak Hills pretty easily. People just play it up as a "rivalry", but it's really not. They'll will win by 3+ TDs. Not sure why people say LW is the perfect draw for Elder. They'd have a better shot against Milford and X. Big time athletes give Elder fits. If OH can manage to pull the monumental upset (it's not happening), the Elder forum would implode.

I think X is vulnerable.

People aren't willing to give Princeton and Milford their due just yet. They will have to prove it in the playoffs.
That didn’t age well…

Anyone who says that Fairfield has a shot at an upset isnt giving Milford any respect.

Milford went 10-0 and got a quality win against a very good Anderson team. They are going to give any team in this bracket a run for their money
This hasn’t aged well….lol

Mason is a much better high school than Moeller. There is a pretty big drop off in big public school quality in Cincinnati after Walnut Hills, Sycamore, Mason, and Turpin (Mariemont, Madeira, Wyoming, and Indian Hill are all excellent as well, albeit smaller), with the Lakotas on that next tier, which is probably around where Moeller is too. Let's not pretend that Moeller isn't an athletic school first and an academic school (a decent one at least) second. Carl Kremer being named principal tells me all I need to know about their priorities. Now, the Moeller network probably opens more opportunities than the Lakotas do in future life, but that has nothing to do with their quality of education.
You are completely wrong….you don’t have a clue…….. you sure are butt sore about Moeller, and I assume private schools in general. Such ignorance…..it makes me laugh and fee sorry for you. Just a common hater……lol Ive got two there for the academics, as they are not athletes.

Reading these posts, it seems like a lot of people would rather say Princeton beat themselves, rather than Lakota West beat them.

LW defense let up ONE play in busted coverage off of poor communication and Princeton scored on their opening drive. The last points they would come across. They were held to 142 yards of total offense, and additionally LW forced 2 critical turnovers AGAIN! I’ve been saying this is the best defense in the state, but maybe it’ll take next week to really prove it.

Officiating was abysmal both ways, roughing the passer on LW, countless missed False Starts on Princeton, missed holdings when LW players were being tackled. It was crummy. Not a valid excuse here.

That “terrible” LW offense ran for 176 yards on the stout Princeton defense that I’ve heard is a better unit than the one LW brings forth.

I digress, it was an amazing game and effort by both teams. Congrats to the Vikings for their GMC championship, their seniors have a lot to be proud of. On to Moe!
I think Lakota West did an amazing job with its defense as you stated. Without a doubt, give credit where credit is due. They did an amazing job of executing a plan.

I think two calls were huge in this game without a doubt: (the non timeout call on the field for the head coach of Lakota West/blocked punt, and the block in the back touchdown punt return).

I also think that Princeton took major steps this year in closing the gap on Lakota West, and is going to be a threat from here on out. I think West and Princeton will have an amazing rivalry as well. Last year they were blown out by 30 something. This year it was an actual exciting game. That is good for the city, and the GMC. Just my opinion.

I hope West beats Moeller this week and represents the G.M.C. without a doubt.

Last edited:
You are completely wrong….you don’t have a clue…….. you sure are butt sore about Moeller, and I assume private schools in general. Such ignorance…..it makes me laugh and fee sorry for you. Just a common hater……lol Ive got two there for the academics, as they are not athletes.
I’m curious - how do you know he’s “completely wrong”?

I think Lakota West did an amazing job with its defense as you stated. Without a doubt, give credit where credit is due. They did an amazing job of executing a plan.

I think two calls were huge in this game without a doubt: (the non timeout call on the field for the head coach of Lakota West/blocked punt, and the block in the back touchdown punt return).

I also think that Princeton took major steps this year in closing the gap on Lakota West, and is going to be a threat from here on out. I think West and Princeton will have an amazing rivalry as well. Last year they were blown out by 30 something. This year it was an actual exciting game. That is good for the city, and the GMC. Just my opinion.

I hope West beats Moeller this week and represents the G.M.C. without a doubt.
I agree, I’m very excited for the future of this rivalry. I think Princeton and LW becoming two regional powerhouses could bring back the GMC’s past football respect.

Oh, well if YOU have your kids there that means it must be the best!

It all depends on where your public school is. Private schools are definitely not across the board better than public schools, just because something costs more doesn't mean it is better.

There's a reason Moeller doesn't share their comparable data to public schools for tools like the USNews rankings, it's because parents like you would realize they are wasting money relative to many of the public schools kids could otherwise be attending. Especially a school like Mason who is 11th in the state out of over 1000 public high schools.

Lakota used to be up that high as well and has certainly slipped some in recent years, thanks in no part to an absolutely psychotic school board member who somehow earns re-election, but they are still in the top 100.

Now, if you live in some goat herder district like Edgewood or some has-been area like Norwood, yes it makes sense to send your kid to a private school to make sure they get a good education. But if you live in Mason but are sending your kid to Moeller to "get a better education", they don't make clown shoes big enough to fit that level of ignorance.

well well well.....
It's groundhog day.... again
And we are here to talk about how a Parker coached team got outplayed and outcoached when it really mattered.

I've tried to talk you ridiculous homers thru the mountain of evidence displaying this several times, and am owed several apologies (which I know I will never get).

But please, let's hear 12 more posts about how young this team is and that they will be back next year. This team could still be in the cradle and it doesn't change the fact that this coaching staff can't coach a team, they can only assemble individual players and win the majority of their games on athletic ability alone rather than team coaching.

I'll add this one to YET ANOTHER example from this past decade, and look forward to you hopeless apologists replying with how wrong I am instead of admitting the truth I've been trying to explain to you for years now.

And we'll do it all over again next year.
Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF
First off, let us hear your coaching credentials to go and criticize this coaching staff...What have you accomplished in the world of coaching to criticize this staff? Do you even know who Parker has assembled as his staff?

Second, the Princeton staff is a diverse and very talented staff of great coaches. Parker has many on board who are great at what they do. Rick Haynes (former East head coach and long time Colerain OC/ Coombs assistant), Chuck Warden (former Loveland Head Coach and assistant), Dave Huffman (former Taylor High School Head Coach), Dan Scholz (former long time Colerain Assistant and Oak Hills Head Coach), Steve Watson (former collegiate player for Mount Union and LONG TIME assistant), Art Wilson (played under Jack Harbaugh), Johnny Long (Akron and Ashland University), Antwon Peek (UC hall of fame/long time NFL player) are just a FEW members of his staff.

To say this group of men can not coach a team shows how truly IGNORANT you are...keep making a fool of yourself. It really is entertaining to say the least.

Last edited:
First off, let us hear your coaching credentials to go and criticize this coaching staff...What have you accomplished in the world of coaching to criticize this staff? Do you even know who Parker has assembled as his staff?

Second, the Princeton staff is a diverse and very talented staff of great coaches. Parker has many on board who are great at what they do. Rick Haynes (former East head coach and long time Colerain OC/ Coombs assistant), Chuck Warden (former Loveland Head Coach and assistant), Dave Huffman (former Taylor High School Head Coach), Dan Scholz (former long time Colerain Assistant and Oak Hills Head Coach), Steve Watson (former collegiate player for Mount Union and LONG TIME assistant), Art Wilson (played under Jack Harbaugh), Johnny Long (Akron and Ashland University), Antwon Peek (UC hall of fame/long time NFL player) are just a FEW members of his staff.

To say this group of men can not coach a team shows how truly IGNORANT you are...keep making a fool of yourself. It really is entertaining to say the least.

Thanks for the list of names, what were the results? Did any of those resumes make a difference?

Look, we all know that Princeton's only hope of having any championship level success is for him to get a superlative assistant both willing to do all the heavy lifting of coaching a team and who is capable of championship level success. Is it possible that such an assistant may join the staff at some point? I suppose, but it hasn't happened yet.

Lots of people can "coach". I could name you 100 other coaches that could have been on that staff and coached the same set of kids to the season they had this year.

Relative to the individual talent on that team, they under achieved as a team. PERIOD. Just like pretty much every other Parker team this past decade. That is a rational, outsider assessment that most other people without emotional attachments to him or his schools would 100% agree with.

Maybe you are right, maybe it's not Parkers fault, but the fault of all those guys you mentioned above who failed to get an exceptional group of individual athletes to play as a championship level team. But when a pattern emerges over as long a period of time as this has been, usually the most obvious explanation is the reason.

Thanks for the list of names, what were the results? Did any of those resumes make a difference?

Look, we all know that Princeton's only hope of having any championship level success is for him to get a superlative assistant both willing to do all the heavy lifting of coaching a team and who is capable of championship level success. Is it possible that such an assistant may join the staff at some point? I suppose, but it hasn't happened yet.

Lots of people can "coach". I could name you 100 other coaches that could have been on that staff and coached the same set of kids to the season they had this year.

Relative to the individual talent on that team, they under achieved as a team. PERIOD. Just like pretty much every other Parker team this past decade. That is a rational, outsider assessment that most other people without emotional attachments to him or his schools would 100% agree with.

Maybe you are right, maybe it's not Parkers fault, but the fault of all those guys you mentioned above who failed to get an exceptional group of individual athletes to play as a championship level team. But when a pattern emerges over as long a period of time as this has been, usually the most obvious explanation is the reason.
Sorry I do not follow your rationale. So they did not have a successful season because they lost to a good team in the Regional Semi? I get you disagree with his opinion but naming 100 other coaches are these all current Ohio HS coaches? Seems a bit of a stretch and dramatic. Sometimes you lose games you shouldn't, that happens at every level. Sometimes it is coaching, sometimes it is players, sometimes it is a fluke play or two. Regardless I do not see the need to bash a 11-1 teams coaching staff who lost to another 11-1 team in the Regional Semis. You never did answer his question as to what coaching accolades you possess to make such a statement.

You still did not give us YOUR RESUME...let's have it. YOUR EXPERIENCE AND ACCOLADES COMPARED TO THE STAFF AT PRINCETON? LET'S GO BIG MAN. If you are gonna talk that talk, walk that walk.

So if you can name 100 other coaches who could have gotten the same results, let's hear them. Give me some names. Who would have gotten the same results? Or better results for that matter? What kills me is you act like this team and coaches just show up and roll out the footballs...no hard work or anything. They are a very organized, disciplined, and regimented program....That starts from the top with the head coach.

Maybe you should call Parker and the Princeton A.D. and tell them you want to assist and be on staff. You have all the answers on how to win a state title it seems. I guess you have not realized only 7 teams will be left happy at the end of the season.

The guy (Parker) takes over a program and the past 3 seasons and is 32-5, wins a GMC title, has the single best season in almost 30 plus years at the school, and YOU think YOU have all the answers on how he can do it better? Yea RIGHT. Pure ignorance.

Last edited:
You still did not give us YOUR RESUME...let's have it. YOUR EXPERIENCE AND ACCOLADES COMPARED TO THE STAFF AT PRINCETON? LET'S GO BIG MAN. If you are gonna talk that talk, walk that walk.

So if you can name 100 other coaches who could have gotten the same results, let's hear them. Give me some names. Who would have gotten the same results? Or better results for that matter? What kills me is you act like this team and coaches just show up and roll out the footballs...no hard work or anything. They are a very organized, disciplined, and regimented program....That starts from the top with the head coach.

Maybe you should call Parker and the Princeton A.D. and tell them you want to assist and be on staff. You have all the answers on how to win a state title it seems. I guess you have not realized only 7 teams will be left happy at the end of the season.

The guy (Parker) takes over a program and the past 3 seasons and is 32-5, wins a GMC title, has the single best season in almost 30 plus years at the school, and YOU think YOU have all the answers on how he can do it better? Yea RIGHT. Pure ignorance.
Don't waste your time and energy on diarrheaboy. He doesn't know s*** about Ohio HS football. That's why alot of people put him on Ignore to greatly enhance their Yappi experience. Everything you said is 100% accurate. This was hands down Princeton's best year since 1993-94 when they were still a dynasty and the best HS football public school program in Ohio.

Sorry I do not follow your rationale. So they did not have a successful season because they lost to a good team in the Regional Semi? I get you disagree with his opinion but naming 100 other coaches are these all current Ohio HS coaches? Seems a bit of a stretch and dramatic. Sometimes you lose games you shouldn't, that happens at every level. Sometimes it is coaching, sometimes it is players, sometimes it is a fluke play or two. Regardless I do not see the need to bash a 11-1 teams coaching staff who lost to another 11-1 team in the Regional Semis. You never did answer his question as to what coaching accolades you possess to make such a statement.
Don't waste your time on diarrheaboy. He couldn't coach a HS football team out of a paperbag.

FYI, diarrheaboy is an Olentangy fan and he picked them to manhandle #12 seed Springfield. That speaks for itself...

Princeton’s best players were all sophomores and juniors. There’s a big difference in high school when your best players are seniors. Princeton lost because they had young players make mistakes in key moments. They’ll be back in that game next year.

I think he's from Olentangy lol few yrs back they had WW down bad when Parker was the coach, WW came back to win game. Ever since there has been different profile names coming for Parker lol Its definitely the same person

I get it, you can't discuss the points I'm making so you make it about me instead of what we are talking about. WTF does my resume have to do with anything?

I could be a plumber and it doesn't change the fact that despite having the most individual talent of any team in R4 this year, they didn't even make the regional final. The team under-achieved relative to the talent they had. Find me anyone who isn't a hopeless homer who disagrees. You won't.

It's EXACTLY what I laid out for your Princeton homers at the beginning of the season, you guys ran your mouths all season, and now are feeling dumb and defensive, I totally get it.

And LOL at me helping Princeton with anything, they are doing a great job of under-achieving as it is, so I'm going to stay out of their way and let them continue to come up short.

This was not their "best season", it's the exact same season Daniels had in 2021. The program is exactly where it was when he left, except I do agree the individual players are better, but the team results are the same. Just because the program decided it was a good idea to play a 4 hour road game against a 1-9 Elyria team and ended undefeated regular season due to the league being weak doesnt mean this season was any different from 2021. They exited in the regional semi.

enjoy the GMC trophy! Lakota is still playing.

Oh, well if YOU have your kids there that means it must be the best!

It all depends on where your public school is. Private schools are definitely not across the board better than public schools, just because something costs more doesn't mean it is better.

There's a reason Moeller doesn't share their comparable data to public schools for tools like the USNews rankings, it's because parents like you would realize they are wasting money relative to many of the public schools kids could otherwise be attending. Especially a school like Mason who is 11th in the state out of over 1000 public high schools.

Lakota used to be up that high as well and has certainly slipped some in recent years, thanks in no part to an absolutely psychotic school board member who somehow earns re-election, but they are still in the top 100.

Now, if you live in some goat herder district like Edgewood or some has-been area like Norwood, yes it makes sense to send your kid to a private school to make sure they get a good education. But if you live in Mason but are sending your kid to Moeller to "get a better education", they don't make clown shoes big enough to fit that level of ignorance.
You know all those asian and Indian kids you guys use an excuse as to why you can’t play football better? They are also why your academic profile is ranked where it is… Little Aiden and Tyler are not even I n the same classes as Sunjay and Huang