Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Moeller by 1-8

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Moeller by 9-16

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Moeller by 17+

Votes: 16 13.2%

• Total voters
Welcome stadium has better access off interstate plus metal detectors to help catch Springfield students that have been known to carry weapons.
But the Elks Stadium has a nearby Graeters Ice Cream you can walk to doesn't it? Plus, we were hoping CHS would host a pep rally for us before the game where they would surprise us by flying John Legend in for a concert. Then, we assumed the Elks would throw us a victory party at their place after the game. Kinda like how the junior class plans and throws the prom for the senior class. Given how Coach Douglass seems to own Centerville Stadium, that seems very fitting don't you think?

Last edited:
Moeller Wins. Really really hard to pick against World Beater Springfield. OhioRiverBoyyyy gonna let ya’ll know what Springfield Football about All week long 24/7!
I don't need to let you know anything. A 5th consecutive regional title as the #12 seed speaks for itself, and it speaks to the strength and dominance of R2 these days. And as for Moeller, their series record v SHS also speaks for itself. Cute though. Boy, a public school winning 5 straight regional crowns really does bring out the hate doesn't it? Wonderful...

Maybe, if you illegally recorded SHS's signs last friday, and then you fly the DeMatha Catholic football team up here and have them put on Moeller uniforms and pass them off as Moeller's football team. If you do all of that, I suppose anything's possible. It's amazing the hate 5 consecutive D1 regional Championships can bring out in people. I shudder to think what reaction the 6th one will cause...
R2 soft serve ice cream. This is the best Moe team since 2013 when they won state. Good luck scoring Springfield

R2 soft serve ice cream. This is the best Moe team since 2013 when they won state. Good luck scoring Springfield
We heard that last year, and the year before actually, before SHS sacked their qb twice, blocked a punt and intercepted them before going into victory formation to run out the clock to clinch 2 trips to the state title game. But that's just a coincidence...

Honest assessment as I have seen both teams play:

Springfield's speed can cause some problems with Moeller, however their size is what will hurt them.

When I saw Moeller and X play the thing that got me about Marshall was his ability to keep going after the initial contact. SHS may get to him fast, but they wont stop him until the third guy gets in on the scrum. X looked a lot bigger than Springfield and he was dragging X players down the field before they finally brought him down. If Moeller gets him those passes on the edge it will be hard for the backs of SHS to stop him. Even Scott will have trouble with him. Springfield will need to have a kid on the scout team drive a Buick down the field to recreate what marahall

Moeller's defense will be the toughest SHS has seen all year. If they stay run heavy they will have trouble moving the ball down field. Offensively Springfield will have to mix it up more to get downfield and in the red zone.

Penalties will be the deciding factor. Both teams draw flags so I see this coming in play. Taking advantage of them will be key.

Score wise if Douglass can make the adjustments in game it will be a 21-14 type of game with Moeller winning. If the adjustments don't work and Moeller gets up big and SHS has to rely on the pass I could see a running clock at some point.

No matter how much people will bring up past matchups with Moeller and past victories this years SHS team is not close in overall talent to the teams of the past few years.

Last edited:
How has the Moeller defense improved so much? I watched East Central average around 10 ypc with right at 500 yards rushing in a high school football game. Teams can and do improve during the season but that was easily the most lopsided rushing game I’ve seen in a while

How has the Moeller defense improved so much? I watched East Central average around 10 ypc with right at 500 yards rushing in a high school football game. Teams can and do improve during the season but that was easily the most lopsided rushing game I’ve seen in a while
New coaches, New scheme. Took a few games for players to adjust and learn. Its not just a one set defense. It can switch from 4 dwn lineman man cover to a three three stack defense.

Moeller has a new coach, new positions coaches, new offense and new defense…….it takes some time to gel.

New year, same song and dance of ludicrous blowout predictions.

Springfield has back-to-back wins against Moeller. They are 2-2 against GCL opponents in the state semis over the last 4 years with an average score of like 22-21 in those games. The last three state semi games have seemingly been razor thin margins going one way or the other.

I personally give Moeller the edge here, but it's probably going to be like 17-14 or 21-14. I don't think Springfield is nearly as talented as they've been the last couple years, but they've gotten healthy at the right time and are playing at a pretty high level.

But the Elks Stadium has a nearby Graeters Ice Cream you can walk to doesn't it? Plus, we were hoping CHS would host a pep rally for us before the game where they would surprise us by flying John Legend in for a concert. Then, we assumed the Elks would throw us a victory party at their place after the game. Kinda like how the junior class plans and throws the prom for the senior class. Given how Coach Douglass seems to own Centerville Stadium, that seems very fitting don't you think?
Not sure why you mention Graeters Ice Cream, John Legend, or pep rally at CHS as my relevant comment mentioned metal detectors at Welcome stadium because of the arrest of a Springfield student for having a gun in the Elks stadium. It would have been more relevant if you had mentioned the former Springfield/Alabama football player, Trey DePriest who was arrested on armed robbery charges in 2022. Maybe there is an issue with Springfield students and use of guns that needs to be addressed. I don't know, but not a discussion for this thread. Good luck to your Wildcats!

Last edited:
So SHS might as well forfeit. Everybody in the State wants a rematch Moe vs Ed’s. If SHS gets blown out who cares. For a team that is a 12th seed it’s been a great season.
You said it. I wonder what's the lowest seed that ever go to a regional final since going to 16. For that matter the lowest seed that got to the state semi final, or state final, or win it all.

Maybe, if you illegally recorded SHS's signs last friday, and then you fly the DeMatha Catholic football team up here and have them put on Moeller uniforms and pass them off as Moeller's football team. If you do all of that, I suppose anything's possible. It's amazing the hate 5 consecutive D1 regional Championships can bring out in people. I shudder to think what reaction the 6th one will cause...
I don't know ORB at all but I already like him and he's immediately one of my favorite posters.

Really surprised to see Drew Pastreur has Moe by 24.
I think the course of Springfield's season has given the algorithm a confusing beating on Drew's site. They were probably ranked a tad high early on based on prior years data, and then they tumbled too far as current year data began to accrue with some results that would indicate to a computer that they aren't all that good this year.

They lost a few games early on as massive favorites (10, 18, and 29 point favorites) plus got mopped by DeMatha.

Not sure why you mention Graeters Ice Cream, John Legend, or pep rally at CHS as my relevant comment mentioned metal detectors at Welcome stadium because of the arrest of a Springfield student for having a gun in the Elks stadium. It would have been more relevant if you had mentioned the former Springfield/Alabama football player, Trey DePriest who was arrested on armed robbery charges in 2022. Maybe there is an issue with Springfield students and use of nguns that needs to be addressed. I don't know, but not a discussion for this thread. Good luck to your Wildcats!
Et tu brute? Trey DePriest graduated from SHS nearly 15 years ago? What does he have to do with anything? He also played for Alabama. Maybe you should direct your safety "concerns" to them as well? Since we're going back in the day, should I bring up your infamous teenage baby murderer Rebecca Hopfer given the recent abortion issues in Ohio lately? Maybe there's still an issue in your community with contraception and reporting dead bodies to police that still needs to be addressed but that's also a discussion beyond a Yappi playoff football thread. I really had thought you were above being a sad, bitter, jealous hater like Dayride but apparently not. Apparently even you have your limit which seems to be 5 consecutive regional crowns with the Elks being ousted from the playoffs twice convincingly.