Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Moeller by 1-8

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Moeller by 9-16

Votes: 44 36.1%
  • Moeller by 17+

Votes: 16 13.1%

• Total voters
They struggled against a subpar team (but won). Springfield lost to multiple subpar teams. Not sure how that's advantage: Springfield.
It is because that was the result of injuries. But since the injured players returned they've won 7 of the last 8, including wins over a few top 10 ranked teams. Playoffs are the new season. They're 4-0 against some tough competition where every game was on the road.

Moe lost three games in Indiana. Two of them are the best in the state in 6A and recently played each other in regionals. The other (EC) is going to walk through a state championship. Add a new head coach, new OC new DC new position coaches……one of the 6A teams we lost in overtime when going for a conversion in OT. These aren’t excuses, just facts.
Yes, facts that they lost to teams from Indiana. I don't care how good they are in Indiana, because it's freaking Indiana. You want to be elite? Don't lose to those teams.

Have the Centerville AD call the St Edward Athletic office to schedule a game so you can root against a parochial school. Call 216-221-3776 and ask for the athletic office.
I've spoken to the Centerville AD, and he said the travel plus expenses isn't worth scheduling teams from the NE during the regular season.

What is The Date your Tigers are going to Valdosta. Mr. Reciprocal ??
This isn't the burn you think it is. Massillon-Valdosta was a one-off, funded largely through a mechanism which doesn't apply to a standard game. You might also note (as if you knew) that OHSAA restrictions prevent most travel to non-contiguous states.

In addition, Massillon hosted three other OOS schools this year. The numbers worked for them. Not sure what you're trying to intimate, but it seems pretty clear you're speaking from ignorance.

This isn't the burn you think it is. Massillon-Valdosta was a one-off, funded largely through a mechanism which doesn't apply to a standard game. You might also note (as if you knew) that OHSAA restrictions prevent most travel to non-contiguous states.

In addition, Massillon hosted three other OOS schools this year. The numbers worked for them. Not sure what you're trying to intimate, but it seems pretty clear you're speaking from ignorance.
Sure Sure Pal. Your ignorance and Bias is clearly posted.
Grow some Big Boy Pants and do the right thing Go to
Valdosta an play the game. Excuses are like A##Holes
Everybody has One.

Yes, facts that they lost to teams from Indiana. I don't care how good they are in Indiana, because it's freaking Indiana. You want to be elite? Don't lose to those teams.
There’s three elite teams in Ohio this year and Moeller is not one of them. Moeller is, however, undoubtedly the 2nd best team in D1. Ed’s, Hoban, and Massillon are the elite teams. Massillon has a great chance to end their “on-the-field” title drought; unfortunately, it still won’t be in the big school division (they need to go back to 6 divisions, btw; D1 was garbage this year).

Good Good Pal. The Bottom Line is you all won’t show up in Valdosta.
Because the Paper could be Torn. Just try to Beat your Big Brother First.
Going to Valdosta is to Big for your Program.
Oil Filter is correct in this debate. Ohio schools cannot schedule out of state games with non-contiguous states.

There’s three elite teams in Ohio this year and Moeller is not one of them. Moeller is, however, undoubtedly the 2nd best team in D1. Ed’s, Hoban, and Massillon are the elite teams. Massillon has a great chance to end their “on-the-field” title drought; unfortunately, it still won’t be in the big school division (they need to go back to 6 divisions, btw; D1 was garbage this year).
Agreed. Going to 7 divisions was so dumb and division 1 was in fact the weakest I've seen it in a long time this season.

Because it's reciprocal. Those same Cincinnati schools go to Lakewood next year. If it's a one-off, the entire calculus changes.
AFAIK, Eds has no intention to end the Massillon series even though it'll still be at PBTS every time. But I think that's a unique circumstance and I know the AD at Eds isn't dumb enough to start scheduling teams on the same all road series idea. Anyway, I want the Tigers to come up to Lakewood at least once in the new series, and the first drink is on me.

I've said now for two years that Springfield should schedule Eds in week 1 and not Ignatius. It would be like the Super Bowl rematch you see week 1 in the NFL when it's possible.

But back to the game. My feeling is that Moeller wins this one but it's not going to be a blowout like some think. I'm pulling for Springfield because I think it makes our title game easier.

Ohio schools cannot schedule out of state games with non-contiguous states.
Teams can do so if they ask for permission.

2) Out-of-State Travel
A football team may travel out of state to compete in contests (scrimmages, previews and games) in states that are contiguous to Ohio regardless of distance to travel. The states include Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The Canadian province includes Ontario. Additionally, a football team may travel to a non-contiguous state or province one time per interscholastic season. (Bylaw 9-2-1). Schools must complete the form from the following link when they are participating in a non-contiguous state: https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/ ÀOHV(OLJLELOLW\IRUPV1RQ%RUGHULQJ6WDWH$SSURYDOSGI

BYLAW 9 — CONTESTS REQUIRING SPECIAL ATTENTION

Section 2. Contests with Out-Of-State Schools

9-2-1 Schools may travel out of state to compete in contests in states or provinces in Canada that border Ohio regardless of distance to travel. The states are Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The province is Ontario. Additionally, schools may travel out of state one time per sport per interscholastic season to compete in contests in any location that does not border Ohio subject to approval from the Executive Director’s Office. (Visit ohsaa.org to obtain the required form to request this travel permission). Penalty for violation: A school which travels to a non-bordering location to compete in contests on more than one occasion shall be ineligible for the OHSAA postseason tournament in the sport in which the out-of-state travel was involved and could be subject to additional penalties as referenced in Bylaw 11. A school which travels to a non-bordering location without approval from the Executive Director’s Office shall be subject to a fine and could be subject to additional penalties as referenced in Bylaw 11.

Last edited:
Why can't you host St Edward? They visit Cincinnati schools every year.
Idk, you'll have to ask the AD. My guess, like in college, you'll want a home and home contract. I know Ignatius came down one year, probably because Centerville had an unexpected open date and Ignatius, like many parochial schools had trouble filling up their schedule; decided to make the trip to play the game.
With the new 16 team playoffs format, I think you'll see more open dates throughout the 10 game schedule. The advantage will be these kids can have a rest and it won't matter if you play a 9 game regular season from a computer points perspective because more than likely you're still making the post season.

Last edited:
In 2010, Centerville hosted St Ignatius
Idk, you'll have to ask the AD. My guess, like in college, you'll want a home and home contract. I know Ignatius came down one year, probably because Centerville had an unexpected open date and Ignatius, like many parochial schools had trouble filling up their schedule; decided to make the trip to play the game.
With the new 16 team playoffs format, I think you'll see more open dates throughout the 10 game schedule so that these kids can have a rest and it won't matter if you play a 9 game regular season.
Centerville played at St Ignatius the following 2011 season.

I've spoken to the Centerville AD, and he said the travel plus expenses isn't worth scheduling teams from the NE during the regular season.
I'm sure St Eds can find Centerville on a map. We send a lot of kids to UD. We manage to make it down that way for games against Elder and Moeller. Massillon has no problem sending the annual invitation.

With the new 16 team playoffs format, I think you'll see more open dates throughout the 10 game schedule. The advantage will be these kids can have a rest and it won't matter if you play a 9 game regular season from a computer points perspective because more than likely you're still making the post season.
I'd also like to see Elks vs McKinley or Massillon