DeWine To Deliver A Statewide Address @ 5:30pm Today

All Ohioans please remember next Election that Dictator DeWine is only dropping the mandates and restrictions because the legislature was going to overrule him. Please Vote for Anyone not named DeWine!

I wouldn't go that route .................... a democrat would have been even worse, on top of higher taxes, more regulations, shutting down the nat gas / fracking industry, turning worker's comp into the cesspool it was 20 years ago, and making it far more expensive to run a business in Ohio.

I know people are upset about the covid rules etc...... I get that; but throwing the baby out with the bathwater is NOT the answer.

Walensky just announced new CDC guidance that says vaccinated people don't need to wear masks indoors or outdoors.

So, Season 9 of "Sht Non-Insane People Knew 4 Months Ago" comes to a close. ?
Sorry this is happening to you Slappy...

House Of Cards Cats GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

So, no. You get no appreciation from me for stopping your infringement of citizen's rights under pressure. You are a turd and there is no political forgiveness of your outrageous use of power over here at my house.

The scum bag coward of a man had Walmart greeters as front line enforcers, and rent-a-cops tasing woman for non-compliance outdoors.

"Turd" is far too kind.

All Ohioans please remember next Election that Dictator DeWine is only dropping the mandates and restrictions because the legislature was going to overrule him. Please Vote for Anyone not named DeWine!
There’s no way he runs. The Republican Party has to know he can’t win.

I voted for Mike Dewine and at this point I would vote for Bernie Sanders over him. I know that I’m not alone in saying that.

Full disclosure: I hate gambling. It ruined a friend of mine. I have discomfort buying 50-50 raffle tickets. Lol.

I know I'm a fuddy duddy, but isn't there something unseemly about a government bribing its citizens by appealing to their greed and using a vice like gambling? It just strikes me as a very odd choice.

How about taking that 5 million and giving it to some of the tons of small businesses Mike destroyed by his shutdown and scaring the brown out of the public for the last year?

Now think deeper and realize this is all government. Bribing citizens for security to the ultimate benefit of the favored class. The State is the Mafia pretending to a Human Rights Organization.

I'm glad that I am free from our fearless leader's mandates - that I ignored 99% of the time in the last year. So, really, no change except I wont get the stink eye anymore from tourist customers at Walnut Creek Cheese for not wearing a mask. Lol.

I was surprised he finally let go - and went against the threshold numbers he originally laid out that would allow him to stop the tyranny. He had seemed to be willing to drag this out until Hades froze over. I read somewhere that GOP legislators were putting enormous pressure on him to cease his emergency powers. It seems that he saw the writing on the wall.

Another thing he said caught my attention (paraphrasing): "Now it is up to every individual and family to exercise their judgment in protecting themselves." Yes, Mike Jun Un! As a Republican, this should have been your foundational guiding principle all along. You should have understood and governed from the perspective that the constitution guarantees that inalienable rights given to Americans by Nature's God cannot be suspended, revoked, or infringed upon by government - and there is no pandemic exception. Instead, the "15 days to flatten the curve" lie, where we were willing to play along for a couple weeks, turned into the truth of over a year of a tyrant in Columbus telling us whether and where we could associate, in what numbers, at what times of day, what we had to wear, whether our business was essential or not, violating our privacy and depriving us of making our own choices, and whether, when, and how we should worship.

So, no. You get no appreciation from me for stopping your infringement of citizen's rights under pressure. You are a turd and there is no political forgiveness of your outrageous use of power over here at my house.
So let me get this straight. You ignored the mitigation efforts 99% of the time and complained that they didn't work?

This is disingenuous. She was tased for resisting arrest. She was being arrested for refusing to leave (trespassing). She was told to leave because she refused to wear a mask, which at the time was a rule that signed a written acknowledgment of.

Nonsense. She was tased for not wearing a mask. This woman was socially distanced, outside, and a threat to no one. What was disingenuous is the obedience training she refused to participate in. You sound exactly like the cowards that sat there and watched.

I said it at the time and I'll say it again, that was horrible look for the Governor.

So let me get this straight. You ignored the mitigation efforts 99% of the time and complained that they didn't work?
Huh?

Dont know how to respond to that because I dont understand the point you are trying to make.

I ignored the orders because I disagree with the premise that any govt has the power to suspend, revoke, or infringe unalienable rights such as freedom of association, religion, or privacy. So, it's not about complaining about mitigation steps, it's about the govt tampering with free American's rights.

But since you asked, I think masks are helpful in limited circumstances involving close contact indoors where they limited us from spittling on each other. Beyond that their value involved emotional comfort of fearful souls, virtue signaling, and an act of outward compliance and obedience.

Social distancing was something I practiced religiously and fully supported. But I did that because it made good sense, not because Gov Dweebweiner told me I had to.

And shutdowns are insane, worthless, and costly. I would advocate a Swedish, S Dakota style of stay open, let it burn, with govt being radical and focusing all their energy toward protecting those who are known to be vulnerable. In every other epidemic we have quarantined the sick. We quarantined the sick and the healthy - which is stupid imo. We caused suicides, more covid infection because we forced people indoors, we ruined businesses, bankrupted individuals, destroyed jobs, deprived people of human contact, and wrecked lives in a myriad of ways in an attempt to "save" people from a disease that 98.4% of the population will survive. Its absolute insanity.

Last edited:
Now think deeper and realize this is all government. Bribing citizens for security to the ultimate benefit of the favored class. The State is the Mafia pretending to a Human Rights Organization.
I kinda thought it was Dweebweiner trying to appear to be cool and fun - and maybe celebrate - while doing something novel to encourage vaccination because the lines are very, very short. And also so that libs will pat him on the back and tell him what a good little Republican he is. Cue slobbering MSM pieces.

His problem is he is a turd, a dweeb, and a tyrant. So, no lottery ploy is going to change that. Lol

They didn't work. At least masks. Our mask usage was over 90% statewide during the fall and winter and look at our case counts. They skyrocketed.
Again, my dad was in the nursing home last fall, isolated to his room, and only had contact with staff who was screened every day and who were required to wear full PPE: booties, gowns, masks, shields, gloves, and cap.

AND HE STILL GOT COVID!

And that says a lot about mitigation attempts. I supported all of that for him, but it bolsters the idea that a lot of mitigation was for the appearance of doing something. Whether it was effective was secondary. We can do this, so we are going to do it because it looks better than doing nothing.

When the final report is written, I suspect the above will be part of it.

They didn't work. At least masks. Our mask usage was over 90% statewide during the fall and winter and look at our case counts. They skyrocketed.
I've said it before on this site and I'll say it again. It's no surprise there was a rise in cases in fall and winter. In Ohio, our highest single day total for new cases came on December 12 when 11,252 new cases were recorded. Who's to say that masks didn't prevent that number from reaching 20,000 or more. There's no way of knowing, is there? There was always going to be a spike, but how big a spike was always what was in question.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Nonsense. She was tased for not wearing a mask. This woman was socially distanced, outside, and a threat to no one. What was disingenuous is the obedience training she refused to participate in. You sound exactly like the cowards that sat there and watched.

I said it at the time and I'll say it again, that was horrible look for the Governor.
If that were the case, the officer would have just walked up to her and tased her without saying a word.

She sat down in the stands without a mask fully knowing that it was the rule. She was asked to put on a mask, she refused. She was asked to leave, she refused. She was told to put her hands behind her back, she refused. She was told again and again to put her hands behind her back, she refused. That's like five escalations she disobeyed before she was ultimately tased. I don't know how you can't understand that.

Thug should have complied with the police.

If that were the case, the officer would have just walked up to her and tased her without saying a word.

She sat down in the stands without a mask fully knowing that it was the rule. She was asked to put on a mask, she refused. She was asked to leave, she refused. She was told to put her hands behind her back, she refused. She was told again and again to put her hands behind her back, she refused. That's like five escalations she disobeyed before she was ultimately tased. I don't know how you can't understand that.

Thug should have complied with the police.

Sounds good. I have no doubt you would watch. I promise you with the utmost sincerity, I would not have sat still and watched.

The fat rent a cop that took it that far grows up to shoot unarmed women "trespassers" at the US Capitol.

Sounds good. I have no doubt you would watch. I promise you with the utmost sincerity, I would not have sat still and watched.

The fat rent a cop that took it that far grows up to shoot unarmed women "trespassers" at the US Capitol.
Blue Lives Matter.

Face it. Far too many were happy with the Gestopo tactics.....

I've said it before on this site and I'll say it again. It's no surprise there was a rise in cases in fall and winter. In Ohio, our highest single day total for new cases came on December 12 when 11,252 new cases were recorded. Who's to say that masks didn't prevent that number from reaching 20,000 or more. There's no way of knowing, is there? There was always going to be a spike, but how big a spike was always what was in question.
I don't care how many times you say it. Masks did nothing. Nada. Zilch.

The virus was always going to run its course. A lot of what we did last year only prolonged this thing.