Votes: 54 32.5%
  • Anderson by 1-8

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Anderson by 9-16

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Anderson by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
I've been hearing how great Anderson's offense is. After seeing their starting lineup, I feel much better. Their 200lb center is in for a very long night. Big Mike is gonna eat that boy alive. It's hard to throw when you're center is getting pushed back into your qb.
Watched parts of a couple of their games on NFHS network. They looked like mere mortals. Massillon should be in good shape;)

This game baffles me.. The back end of our D has been our weakness and passing is definitely Anderson's strength, IF they have time to throw.
This appears to be the most diverse offense we've played. Obviously they can run the ball too, so they are by no means one dimensional. Massillon on the other hand has proven to be virtually unstoppable pounding the ball and more than adequate passing.. but make no mistake, both of these defenses are good to great. Andersons D practices against that passing attack, so they are more than likely good at pass defense. Adversely Massillon’s D has the the same benefit from practicing against our rushing offense. I'm going to say if the raptors can stuff or slow our run game and force us to pass, they win. The shear number of plays they will attempt to get off Puts the odds in Anderson's favor in this scenario. Of course I'm rooting for a dominating performance by our Defense, but this is going to be a battle as any semifinals game should be. GO TIGERS!

I don't claim to know much about Anderson. I definitely don't have time to watch much football from Cincinnati during the season. But clearly, the teams still playing are doing so for a reason. I'm hopeful the Tigers can exploit any available advantage and minimize our potential weaknesses. Go Tigers! Beat Anderson!

I don't claim to know much about Anderson. I definitely don't have time to watch much football from Cincinnati during the season. But clearly, the teams still playing are doing so for a reason. I'm hopeful the Tigers can exploit any available advantage and minimize our potential weaknesses. Go Tigers! Beat Anderson!

It's a fascinating match up. Massillon is deservedly a heavy favorite

It's a fascinating match up. Massillon is deservedly a heavy favorite
Dunno about "heavy", but much of the perceived favoritism is based on nothing more than SWO kinda being off the radar a bit while Massillon has spent all year in the spotlight.

And us old bastards can’t keep thinking about Medina “Freakin” Highland, Green, Perrysburg, Brunswick. All teams that had no business beating Massillon but did.
Shut up. You're young enough to be my son. Take Perrsyburg out of the equation. That's when we had a Biden-like coach. This is going to be a great game. I'll be streaming it on a ship somewhere in the Caribbean sea. GO TIGERS!!

Shut up. You're young enough to be my son. Take Perrsyburg out of the equation. That's when we had a Biden-like coach. This is going to be a great game. I'll be streaming it on a ship somewhere in the Caribbean sea. GO TIGERS!!
LOL!!! Well Dad! All the talk of us just running this team over like a middle school team is crazy. They made it this far for a reason, they are good. I am sure Moore has preached all week about discipline and doing your job. This teams offense can be dangerous if you let them. Have fun on the boat.

Is this the easiest path Tigers have had to a championship game?Seem's a lil soft.That's if they win friday.

Anderson is good. There’s no questioning that. But they’re not stopping Massillon’s running attack. Who has stopped Massillon from doing that this year? I have some concerns about their offense but they have been beat this year. They also only scored 20 on WW who was 8-4 this year. So not one of their better teams. Anderson could win this game. Only 4 teams remain. But I’ve seen our 14-0 football squad play some really good teams, get behind, and still pretty much dominate those games and win. Until someone knocks us off, I’m counting on us winning and Friday night, by double digits. If I’m wrong I’ll gladly eat my words and wish Anderson the best in the title game

Last edited:
You are a mess. Stay off the sauce and call me. Go Tigers!

LOL!!! Well Dad! All the talk of us just running this team over like a middle school team is crazy. They made it this far for a reason, they are good. I am sure Moore has preached all week about discipline and doing your job. This teams offense can be dangerous if you let them. Have fun on the boat.

Not to build them up any more, but looking at recent seasons, in 2021 they defeated that state champion Winton Woods team w/ the great defense 28-21. Last year they went 5-5 in the regular season then made it all the way to week 14 before losing to Kings 42-46. So they are a legit handful, just not as well known as WW or LaSalle. Seems like one of those teams that are great when they are clicking, but also prone to lay an egg. Can't let them get into a rhythm and us on our heals.

Not to build them up any more, but looking at recent seasons, in 2021 they defeated that state champion Winton Woods team w/ the great defense 28-21. Last year they went 5-5 in the regular season then made it all the way to week 14 before losing to Kings 42-46. So they are a legit handful, just not as well known as WW or LaSalle. Seems like one of those teams that are great when they are clicking, but also prone to lay an egg. Can't let them get into a rhythm and us on our heals.
I don't think it's that they're prone to lay an egg. I think it's more that their crazy offense makes them a threat to win any game even in years where their talent and/or defense is not on the same level with the top teams. When they do have top talent and a defense, well, I guess we're about to find out. As someone who was freezing to death in Mason's stadium rooting for Kings to bring home that Region Championship last year, I must say, it's no fun watching your team trying to cling to a small lead in the fourth quarter against them. You've got to drive a stake through their heart.

I think that is a fair assessment. Anderson tries to maximize the talent they have and to scheme their play makers open which they have done a pretty good job of this year. The defense is more talented this year. They are not huge but not as small as years past. I wish TJ Nelson was still playing (star safety and son of former bearcat Terry Nelson) but he hurt his knee and is out for the year. The defense would fall under bend but do not break imo. Better against the pass (good pass rush and decent back 5). The defense is solid at making splash plays (tfl, sq, int's) with 107 tfl's, 42 sacks and 15 picks. I do think they do a better job when in more confined spaces like the red zone. The real question is can they slow up the prolific tigers running game enough to make it a game in the 4th quarter.

Anybody else lose their feed on espn 990 when coach Moore went after the local sports reporters? Straight to what seemed like 100 commercials and dead air. What gives?