Votes: 54 32.5%
  • Anderson by 1-8

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Anderson by 9-16

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Anderson by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
Laying it on kinda thick aint you? I mean yes they've had a few track meets, but holding to Kings to 3, WW 13, couple others to 7-14 doesn't sound horrible. Granted I know WW was "scoring impaired" this year for whatever reason.
I’m rooting for Anderson but holding Kings to 3 isn’t impressive this year. This was our worst team since 2009.

I think Massillon wins the game something to the tune of 49-28. Looking at their schedule and results is impressive.

Overall, I think Tiger2121 has the best understanding of this one unusual game. That Massillon will win easily, but uncomfortably. Welcome to Anderson insanity. Where a title contender will win solidly, but end up scratching their head after the game saying "we won how?"
Thank you sir

If I were Massillon and it became clear that we could score at will against this team, I wouldn’t give Anderson the satisfaction of getting the ball back… after going up 21, I’d start sliding every 6 yds to chew up the clock.

If I were Massillon and it became clear that we could score at will against this team, I wouldn’t give Anderson the satisfaction of getting the ball back… after going up 21, I’d start sliding every 6 yds to chew up the clock.
Ok this is the kind of content I was hoping to see following my very first Massillon thread!!🤣

Dude!! Nobody from Massillon or Anderson cares about Hoban this week. You are like a teenage girl craving for attention. Yes we all know Hoban is good, you have pillaged the best talent Summit, Portage and a few other counties has to offer. One of us will deal with that next week.
Oh quit your whining. I was having a civil conversation with someone else. Go look at the Hoban thread and Massillon people are all over it. But while we are at it Massillon has done its fair share of pillaging summit and surrounding counties. No need to look further than your best player. Relax.

Why are you on every single Massilon thread like it’s your religion?
Go read the Hoban thread and you will have your answer. Massillon people all over it and it's fine. You guys think every thread is yours and yours alone. This is an open forum and our teams are on a collision course so buckle up.

He simply said they don’t care if they give up 400 yards because that’s how they have played all year. Kind of like Oregon a few years ago when they went to the Natty. They ran this high powered sped up offense and Ohio state ran the ball on them and smacked them up front every play. Same concept here and the same results will happen.
In most cases. All throw, no run doesn’t do well against teams that can control the ball. I posted a thread sometime ago asking “is it pretty much a given that these high powered scoring machine offenses do not play good defense”. I think it’s true. Gimmie a team that can keep those offenses on the bench with a strong running game, balanced with a good passing attack. Plus, I don’t think Anderson can protect the QB against Massillon’s front 4.

I’m rooting for Anderson but holding Kings to 3 isn’t impressive this year. This was our worst team since 2009.

I think Massillon wins the game something to the tune of 49-28. Looking at their schedule and results is impressive.
Not Massillon fans that know football. That actually is a simple thing to say. Anyone left now is pretty darn gook. Would I like that score? Absolutely, but not what I am feeling.

In most cases. All throw, no run doesn’t do well against teams that can control the ball. I posted a thread sometime ago asking “is it pretty much a given that these high powered scoring machine offenses do not play good defense”. I think it’s true. Gimmie a team that can keep those offenses on the bench with a strong running game, balanced with a good passing attack. Plus, I don’t think Anderson can protect the QB against Massillon’s front 4.
Anderson is not by any means all throw, no run. They run the ball better than probably anyone in R8. They mix up their play calls pretty brilliantly. And they’re not all fast strike, big plays. They will also put together 10-20 play drives and chew clock.

5 years? Is this the redshirt thing?
No, it has nothing to do with that bs.We've made a lot of deep playoff runs since 17. Now obviously it goes without saying none of the young men on our current roster were on the 17 team, the point is the young men on the current roster have played a great deal of football, against some of the best competition in the State, because of the consistency that began in 17.

More physical teams normally beat more finesse teams this time of year...I'm not generalizing Anderson as completely finesse, but compared to us they are more finesse.

Go read the Hoban thread and you will have your answer. Massillon people all over it and it's fine. You guys think every thread is yours and yours alone. This is an open forum and our teams are on a collision course so buckle up.
You tried to call me out for commenting on a “Hoban “ thread last week and as I mentioned then- that was laughable because you don’t miss ANY thing that involves Massillon. Didn’t you allude to being blocked for trolling ?

“Buckle up” ?? Does that mean you are going to troll every Massillon thread with your nonsense ? Oh wait…..

You tried to call me out for commenting on a “Hoban “ thread last week and as I mentioned then- that was laughable because you don’t miss ANY thing that involves Massillon. Didn’t you allude to being blocked for trolling ?
I usually only respond when Hoban is mentioned. Yes I have been blocked on 2 Massillon threads and I wear that as a badge of honor. Everyone on here trolls to one extent or another.

More physical teams normally beat more finesse teams this time of year...I'm not generalizing Anderson as completely finesse, but compared to us they are more finesse.
They are definitely not a finesse team. But pounding the rock is what wins state. As mentioned, Anderson can run the ball, but they won't pound it like Massillon.

final prediction- Tigers by 28…Anderson defense has no answer for our offense but we for SURE have an answer for their offense.

I've been hearing how great Anderson's offense is. After seeing their starting lineup, I feel much better. Their 200lb center is in for a very long night. Big Mike is gonna eat that boy alive. It's hard to throw when you're center is getting pushed back into your qb.