Votes: 54 32.5%
  • Anderson by 1-8

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Anderson by 9-16

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Anderson by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
I wonder if the cold weather will have an effect on Anderson's passing game? Gametime temp will be 34 and drop slightly thereafter.
I would assume no since they’re Ohio kids and used to colder weather. If it was raining and windy then sure. Now if a southern team came up here and had to play in that cold it might hurt them bit but can’t imagine Fridays weather impacts the game at all.

The ball will be harder and maybe a little more slippery but whether that matters...

They're all wearing gloves; it's not like being 12 years old playing in the snow bare-handed when you had to look to see if you caught it. :D

It had to do with deserved accolades for Massillon players he flat out implied that the local media blatantly and intentionally screwed over Massillon kids. Which they did in fact do.
With all due respect, I don't think you heard Nate accurately. I said something to the effect that he and his coaches must be proud that no fewer than 12 kids had received All-district recognition, including two co-players of the year.

He responded with something like he appreciates it when sportswriters do their homework and recognize appropriately the Tigers. Both the tone and content of his remarks were gracious, perhaps even positive.

Not saying he hasn't expressed annoyance and displeasure at other times in other media. I know for a fact that the all-county awards are and have been a source of serious irritation for not only Nate, but probably all of his predecessors.

And its entirely possible that contained within his remarks today there were unspoken critiques of media (like "about time they got it almost right"). But knowing Coach as well as I do, I don't think he intended that today.

With all due respect, I don't think you heard Nate accurately. I said something to the effect that he and his coaches must be proud that no fewer than 12 kids had received All-district recognition, including two co-players of the year.

He responded with something like he appreciates it when sportswriters do their homework and recognize appropriately the Tigers. Both the tone and content of his remarks were gracious, perhaps even positive.

Not saying he hasn't expressed annoyance and displeasure at other times in other media. I know for a fact that the all-county awards are and have been a source of serious irritation for not only Nate, but probably all of his predecessors.

And its entirely possible that contained within his remarks today there were unspoken critiques of media (like "about time they got it almost right"). But knowing Coach as well as I do, I don't think he intended that today.
The interview I listened to today cuts Moore off midsentence goes to commercial followed by minutes of dead air while discussing the topic. 82 says that wasn't his experience so it must have been an error on my side of things.

WoW, DIdn’t realize this was being played at The 71Trap Stadium.
Dress warm it’s a Nightmare if the Wind is up.
Now I know the Location I Like Anderson
by at least 9 points. This Stadium is way to Big for This Game.

If we play I'll definitely fly up from St. Pete. Would love to visit that venue. Go Tigers.

Last edited by a moderator:
1700752065066.png

Let’s go tig 🐅
IMO : after watching 5 Anderson games : offensively this will be our biggest test . It’s our OC vs Anderson OC if that make sense . Anderson OC is a stud at calling plays . He sets the field up and gets the ball into playmakers hands. The OL will drive you off the ball . No pileups at the LOS . Huge running lanes for rb . Our dbs , special teams (punt) and OL need a great game . This gone be high scoring .
Enjoy Turk turk day !!

ps : watch number 8 for the bubble and hb screen . I may have said it already but don’t let that beat us on 3rd down . Dude is load to bring down once he at the second level . We can’t miss tackles .. tig

It’s irrelevant who put Bids in for this Game. No School had a chance.
This is about Money. This is Good for The OHSAA and the State of Ohio.
There's a good chance that the crowd tomorrow could be accommodated in several other stadiums in greater Columbus. So how does renting Crew help OHSAA?

There's a good chance that the crowd tomorrow could be accommodated in several other stadiums in greater Columbus. So how does renting Crew help OHSAA?
Who knows. Maybe they cut a deal for no rent to keep all parking and concessions. Who knows why the OHSAA does what they do. There are a ton of Columbus suburban stadiums they could have used. And if they are paying rent, I’m sure it would be much higher cost than renting a local HS stadium. All that said it is a pretty nice football venue and really easy to get to, a block off Rt. 71 just north of downtown.

Using Crew is a test run for moving the championships back to Columbus.
Maybe. Let 'em go. By all accounts Crew is a good venue. It's grossly oversized given current and projected attendance, but then, so is Benson. OTOH, it (like Benson) supposedly has VIP and media facilities that the more right-sized (i.e. larger high school) venues don't.

No they don’t. But maybe they cut deal….. free rent for all parking and concessions.
How much does Crew normally get from parking and concessions? Some of these large venues subcontract that stuff out, so they only get a piece of that pie. Granted, it's a bigger pie when you're charging $20 to park and $6 for a Coke, but still...

How much does Crew normally get from parking and concessions? Some of these large venues subcontract that stuff out, so they only get a piece of that pie. Granted, it's a bigger pie when you're charging $20 to park and $6 for a Coke, but still...
I would anticipate the Massillon/Anderson game drawing one of the biggest crowds this playoff season. There is opportunity for a lot of money to be made……. The sinful thing is those greedy pricks won’t share it with participating schools.

I would anticipate the Massillon/Anderson game drawing one of the biggest crowds this playoff season. There is opportunity for a lot of money to be made……. The sinful thing is those greedy pricks won’t share it with participating schools.
That (IMHO and trying not to be a homer) is one big reason to move the games back to Massillon or another HS venue. When the games are at Benson/Crew/whereever, concession, parking, etc. goes to some disinterested business. When they were at Massillon, some of the revenue (parking, concessions) stayed in house, while a lot of additional money was spread around to other schools (e.g. the Jackson culinary program did a bang-up job providing catering for the press/VIPs). Why give the money to Faceless, Inc. when it could be going to member schools?

Still don't think this game will draw much over 10,000 (if that). Even so, it might be the biggest playoff crowd this season and will certainly outdraw most of the title games next week.

That (IMHO and trying not to be a homer) is one big reason to move the games back to Massillon or another HS venue. When the games are at Benson/Crew/whereever, concession, parking, etc. goes to some disinterested business. When they were at Massillon, some of the revenue (parking, concessions) stayed in house, while a lot of additional money was spread around to other schools (e.g. the Jackson culinary program did a bang-up job providing catering for the press/VIPs). Why give the money to Faceless, Inc. when it could be going to member schools?

Still don't think this game will draw much over 10,000 (if that). Even so, it might be the biggest playoff crowd this season and will certainly outdraw most of the title games next week.
Moeller-St.X playoff sold out in a day and they reported 12,000

Let’s go tig 🐅
IMO : after watching 5 Anderson games : offensively this will be our biggest test . It’s our OC vs Anderson OC if that make sense . Anderson OC is a stud at calling plays . He sets the field up and gets the ball into playmakers hands. The OL will drive you off the ball . No pileups at the LOS . Huge running lanes for rb . Our dbs , special teams (punt) and OL need a great game . This gone be high scoring .
Enjoy Turk turk day !!

ps : watch number 8 for the bubble and hb screen . I may have said it already but don’t let that beat us on 3rd down . Dude is load to bring down once he at the second level . We can’t miss tackles .. tig
Damn

Let’s go tig 🐅
Enjoy Turk turk day !!

Damn