Votes: 54 32.5%
  • Anderson by 1-8

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Anderson by 9-16

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Anderson by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
I will love to see the look on Massillon fans faces the first time Anderson goes for a 4th and long deep in their own territory. Coach Dreyer may not be as crazy with 4th down as he used to be but a few years back he would never punt. I have seen him go for 4th and 17 from his own 10 yd line in a close game years ago. Never made sense to me but he has been successful so who am I to question it.
I remember reading several years ago about a high school football from Minnesota who was like a 9 time state champion with a record of like 210 wins and 30 losses whose coach never punted on 4th down no matter where the ball was, the score, time of the game,etc. He apparently did this sophisticated research and discovered that the percentages favored going for it on 4th down rather than punting.. I say he had all those wins based on having a superior team than his opponents.

It doesn't matter how many possessions a team has. What matters is what you do with those possessions. If a team thinks they'll score on 4 of 5 possessions and their opponent will score on 3 of 5, it doesn't matter to them if they get 5, 10, or 15 possessions per game. They still win.

Anderson thinks they'll score every time they have the ball and you won't. Ergo, they win.

OTOH, Massillon didn't punt at all last week (one of three such games this year) and there were three other games in which they only punted once. Their average for the year is about two punts per game. Which is to say that if you're banking on your defense repeatedly stopping them, you're likely going to be disappointed.

And what if Massillon goes up by 14 or 21? Anderson might be the ones in panic mode then.

Yooooo this might be the dumbest statement I've ever seen no disrespect
What are you on? He’s not wrong AGAIN… a simple look at thier games would tell you they don’t care about def. Stops hence them only punting 7 times this year and ok with going for it on 4th from their own side of the 50 yard like 98% of the time. They want to turn this into a track meet point blank

What are you on? He’s not wrong AGAIN… a simple look at thier games would tell you they don’t care about def. Stops hence them only punting 7 times this year and ok with going for it on 4th from their own side of the 50 yard like 98% of the time. They want to turn this into a track meet point blank
What are you on? That's still stupid af Anderson does not have the greatest offense ever assembled in high school football history at some point in time you are going to have to play Defense point blank period. If you are a true Tiger fan an have watched Massillon's games this year you would know this Massillon offense has shown the ability to kill clock and go on long sustaining drives. You mean to tell me with a straight face a team does not care about trying to stop the run in order to get the ball back to your offense?You have to have the ball in order to score duh like come bruh.

What are you on? That's still stupid af Anderson does not have the greatest offense ever assembled in high school football history at some point in time you are going to have to play Defense point blank period. If you are a true Tiger fan an have watched Massillon's games this year you would know this Massillon offense has shown the ability to kill clock and go on long sustaining drives. You mean to tell me with a straight face a team does not care about trying to stop the run in order to get the ball back to your offense?You have to have the ball in order to score duh like come bruh.
Don’t let what I said go over your head… no one said they have the “best offense” ever assembled. Just like Perry in the early 2000’s could not hold a candle to the talent we had. But what did Perry do very well when they throttled us in the playoffs? Exactly. This team does what they do very well and it will take some adjustments early and often- we still win by 14+ but I assure you it’s going to get dicey at times. Like I said- 7 punts all year… take from that what you want.

Last edited:
If it's all about speed, it would be hard to bet against Massillon. The Tigers can be every bit as explosive as Anderson (see: GlenOak; 3 TDs in their first 5 plays).
When I say track meet I mean “race to score last” however they do have decent speed but Wilthrow speed was INSANE- they just didn’t have enough up front- players gojng both ways and running a play under 12 sec for 4 quarters.

The beauty of all this is whose year it is will be determined on the field the next two weeks. Know one can know for sure the outcome of these games until they are played. All these teams are capable of winning the state championship Avon, Massillon, Hoban, Cincinnati Anderson. If they weren't capable they wouldn’t be in the final 4.
3 out of 4 isn't bad

For the record, with TCC going to Region 10, Region 6 was about awful.

Don’t let what I said go over your head… no one said they have the “best offense” ever assembled. Just like Perry in the early 2000’s could not hold a candle to the talent we had. But what did Perry do very well when they throttled us in the playoffs? Exactly. This team does what they do very well and it will take some adjustments early and often- we still win by 14+ but I assure you it’s going to get dicey at times. Like I said- 7 punts all year… take from that what you want.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 What I said clearly went over your head you clearly isn't the brightest cookie in the bunch I didn't say anything about it not being dicey at all. All I said was his statement was stupid for saying they don't care about our offense which means they don't care about playing defense that is a stupid statement regardless if that's their philosophy or not. You are in week 15 of the Ohio High School playoffs with the opportunity to go to the state championship by no means am I the type of person that screams defense I love offense but at some point in time you're going to have to play defense with the three teams remaining in the final four. Massillon,Hoban,and Avon you have to play defense you cannot allow them to control the clock all three of the teams that I just mentioned play a physical brand of football and they're all good at what they do if your philosophy is yeah we're not going to play defense we're just going to turn it into a track meet that is stupid in my opinion so you can take it how you want to... I don't give a rats about Perry in the 2000s I in was elementary school 😂

Only in Massillon you can argue with your own damn fan base about another school boy I tell ya 😂😭😭
You have the tendency to give off “Homer” vibes. So let me slow it down for you.
1) I’m sure they care about playing defense.
They just feel as though they can score every POS.
2) they almost refuse to punt IF they are up.
3) they will bait us into a shoot-out which is what they have been doing all year.
4) yes they have given up 378 yards before and still won in a decisive way.

You have the tendency to give off “Homer” vibes. So let me slow it down for you.
1) I’m sure they care about playing defense.
They just feel as though they can score every POS.
2) they almost refuse to punt IF they are up.
3) they will bait us into a shoot-out which is what they have been doing all year.
4) yes they have given up 378 yards before and still won in a decisive way.
Yeah far from a homer considering half of the people that you guys are beefing with in this thread I'm actually cool with
but continue on 😂😂😂😂

If you didn’t know better one might think Massillon is the underdog in this game
Massillon is definitely the better football team. But as you know, like most sports, it's about matchups. We know Massillon's front 7 and how they can stop the run. They've never been tested yet with a team who runs a passing offense like this. And that's not to say Massillon can't defend it... they very well may be able to and all this talk is moot. But it's still an unknown at this point. And that's how upsets CAN happen. Not that it will.

Can Anderson throw the ball? Running team? What the scoop?
Quick offense. #1 play is screen passes. They play 4 downs and hardly punt. The run game is average, but will dink and dunk ya down the field. They have quite a few play makers on offense. Defense has improved from years past, they are quick up front and will stunt like crazy. Their best way for success is defensively is to make things confusing up front for the offense. It'll be a good game, but Massillon will edge it out due to having better talent and being there before.

Quick offense. #1 play is screen passes. They play 4 downs and hardly punt. The run game is average, but will dink and dunk ya down the field. They have quite a few play makers on offense. Defense has improved from years past, they are quick up front and will stunt like crazy. Their best way for success is defensively is to make things confusing up front for the offense. It'll be a good game, but Massillon will edge it out due to having better talent and being there before.
Gonna be hard to confuse Massillon when their game plan is to smack you in the mouth with their line and push you around lol. It's not a secret what they want to do. Stopping it is harder.