Votes: 54 32.5%
  • Anderson by 1-8

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Anderson by 9-16

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Anderson by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
Massillon is definitely the better football team. But as you know, like most sports, it's about matchups. We know Massillon's front 7 and how they can stop the run. They've never been tested yet with a team who runs a passing offense like this. And that's not to say Massillon can't defend it... they very well may be able to and all this talk is moot. But it's still an unknown at this point. And that's how upsets CAN happen. Not that it will.
Yeah they definitely haven’t seen an offense exactly like this but they have played a few teams that threw the ball a bunch.

Gonna be hard to confuse Massillon when their game plan is to smack you in the mouth with their line and push you around lol. It's not a secret what they want to do. Stopping it is harder.
Yeah I’m not sure that stunting will help with run defense. They will certainly try to slant the line and things like that. Massillon has all week to get ready for that.

Yeah they definitely haven’t seen an offense exactly like this but they have played a few teams that threw the ball a bunch.
Yeah.. just with different philosophies on how to move that offense and play calling. Also none nearly as effective. It'll be fun to see how it plays out. This is when playoffs have always gotten good.

I haven’t seen one post about Anderson beating Massillon.
Exactly. Massillon still has DaOne. He's the x factor here. He's going to be the best athlete on the field again. He's the difference maker. If somehow Pringle comes back.. it makes it that much easier for Massillon too.

I will tell you this. You can watch all the film you want on Anderson. They have the best offense in the state regardless of division. The tempo of the offense is ridiculous. They will take what you give them. But on the flip side if you can stop the short screen game and your offense can score points you have a good chance at winning.

If Massillon can prove to stop Anderson on defense, this will be a drubbing.

If Massillon has any amount of trouble stopping Anderson, my guess is the defense will be gassed by the third quarter. If it’s close in the third, it’ll be a toss up.

You taking bets : pm me if you want some . We can sit by each other . Best team win !
$1,000 tig 🐅
I don't gamble.... I work too hard for my money, I like to keep it.

Secondly, I said that I believe Massillon wins this game, and I truly believe it. Much of this has to do with experience. Massillon's been here and done that before. It took Anderson a few times in the Regional Championship game before they actually won one. They did better each time until they finally got over that hump.

I won't be in attendance. I will be streaming the game (assuming there is a stream). By the time I get off of work on Friday, I won't be able to make it to Columbus anywhere close to kickoff.

It should be a good game to watch. I really hope Anderson travels well, we know Massillon will bring quite a crowd.

I will tell you this. You can watch all the film you want on Anderson. They have the best offense in the state regardless of division. The tempo of the offense is ridiculous. They will take what you give them. But on the flip side if you can stop the short screen game and your offense can score points you have a good chance at winning.
The one good defense they played this year held them to

Well the conversation has been about how Massillon won’t stop Anderson and that Massillon has to run a slow ball control offense. It all been about what Massillon needs to do and barely anything about how the hell Anderson is going to win
I THINK because the conversation started out with “what does Anderson do well” I’m sure 90% of the people on this post knows what we do well. We Run very well and we Pass very well…our defense is lights out.

Yeah I understand that. It’s just gone from okay here’s what they do and evolved into a conversation that pretty much insinuates that Massillon has to change everything they do in order to win and have a chance to not give up 50
When has anyone on here insinuated that Massillon has to change everything they do to win? When has anyone said Massillon will give up 50?

I will love to see the look on Massillon fans faces the first time Anderson goes for a 4th and long deep in their own territory. Coach Dreyer may not be as crazy with 4th down as he used to be but a few years back he would never punt. I have seen him go for 4th and 17 from his own 10 yd line in a close game years ago. Never made sense to me but he has been successful so who am I to question it.
There’s a difference between being aggressive and using common sense. If he goes for 4th and 10 at his own 10 yard line this deep in the playoffs it will be disastrous

When has anyone on here insinuated that Massillon has to change everything they do to win? When has anyone said Massillon will give up 50?
It was you who said that Anderson doesn’t care if they give up 400 rushing yds. That’s insinuating that they think they will score every time they touch the ball. Others said that if Massillon blitzes they will get shredded. Nobody is directly saying it but if someone stumbled into this thread and read the last couple of pages they’d probably think Anderson was the better team.

I remember reading several years ago about a high school football from Minnesota who was like a 9 time state champion with a record of like 210 wins and 30 losses whose coach never punted on 4th down no matter where the ball was, the score, time of the game,etc. He apparently did this sophisticated research and discovered that the percentages favored going for it on 4th down rather than punting.. I say he had all those wins based on having a superior team than his opponents.
I think the coach you’re referring to is Bug Grants son. Former Vikings coach in the 1970’s.

I haven’t seen one post about Anderson beating Massillon.
Anderson 34
Massillon 31

That's all I've got. The state final 4 is always a big unknown going into it. Every game up until now I was confident Anderson would win, but once you get to the final 4, it all goes out the window. Never know exactly what to expect. One thing I've seen a lot on here is the talk of Massillon's O and D fronts. Anderson's O line has always been its strength for as long as the program has existed, and I don't think this year is much different. I think it'll be an exciting matchup.

It was you who said that Anderson doesn’t care if they give up 400 rushing yds. That’s insinuating that they think they will score every time they touch the ball. Others said that if Massillon blitzes they will get shredded. Nobody is directly saying it but if someone stumbled into this thread and read the last couple of pages they’d probably think Anderson was the better team.
He simply said they don’t care if they give up 400 yards because that’s how they have played all year. Kind of like Oregon a few years ago when they went to the Natty. They ran this high powered sped up offense and Ohio state ran the ball on them and smacked them up front every play. Same concept here and the same results will happen.

I think the biggest concern should be Anderson trying to stop Massillon from running the ball. And if they stack the box like everyone else has tried I still don't see them stopping the run. You can't score if your offense only gets 2 possessions a qtr.
If Anderson's offense gets 2 possessions a qtr., why can't they score?

There’s a difference between being aggressive and using common sense. If he goes for 4th and 10 at his own 10 yard line this deep in the playoffs it will be disastrous
He went for it last week on 4th down on his own 28 against a statistically better defense and got the first.

I do agree not punting deep in your own territory is pretty dumb, especially against a team as loaded as Massillon.

Anderson just rolled a very, very good Withrow team. This game will be more competitive than Avon v Hoban

I get how the analytics say to go for it on 4th and don't punt.. but do the analytics ever say what happens when you don't get it? The other team scoring on you has to be exponentially higher. In a win or go home game, that's not worth the risk if I'm coaching.

Anderson just rolled a very, very good Withrow team. This game will be more competitive than Avon v Hoban
I’m mostly unfamiliar with the teams that Withrow and Anderson play but at a glance their schedules don’t appear to be too daunting. Are the teams they played better than I’m assuming or…?