Votes: 54 32.5%
  • Anderson by 1-8

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Anderson by 9-16

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Anderson by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
Seems to me that most teams who run a 5-wide use short, quick passes as the focal point of their O. And they've almost always got a receiver going across the middle (i.e. right in front of the QB) 7-10 yards downfield. IOW, the QB's likely to make that throw whether he's under pressure or not; it's just a normal play to them.

Okay, well then could the defense then not dictate that they only throw short passes basically at the LOS? Trust your 7 guys in coverage to make the play
It’s not a pass at the LOS though. It’s a 7 yarder that usually goes for about 12 by time your safeties get there. You can rush 4. But it Better not be a middle backer in a 3-4 like Massillon runs. They’re begging you to do it. 41 ( Robinson) is in the middle. Rush 4 is fine. Rush from the edge though and have your middle backers filling holes. Rushing Robinson with any regularity would be a bad idea.

It’s not that I want an easier path for public’s, obviously I want them to earn it, this is football… it’s that I just want to see a public win it all. Is that so wrong? I don’t understand why you feel the need to get so defensive.
Not defensive, but what if I said I hope Lasalle or some other private best Massillon so we have an all private championship? The best teams should be in period, regardless of private or public. You can certainly wish for Avon/Massillon and I will pull for the Knights.

Not defensive, but what if I said I hope Lasalle or some other private best Massillon so we have an all private championship? The best teams should be in period, regardless of private or public. You can certainly wish for Avon/Massillon and I will pull for the Knights.
Then go pull for them on that thread. Stop whining like nobody respects Hoban.

Look this team runs a very complex passing scheme and they have quick hits and they also have slow developing plays with the TE and RB with delayed releases. They like to pump take to one side of the field and throw it to the opposite to the rb on a wheel route etc. Massillon will need to stay on thier reads and understand this team WILL make plays but we need to control the clock and finish drives

To me this is another game where it's gonna come down to how we execute. Obviously Anderson is gonna take chances on offense and we need to make them pay every time they roll the dice on offense. We can't let them extend drives on 3rd down plays and when they go on 4th down. Obviously, we're going to run right at them on offense, but we also must be aggressive and hopefully we'll be able to create some big plays off of play action. Ideally we'll come out and suffocate them early on defense and put together some sustained touchdown drives on offense and take them out of it early. We don't want this team hanging around late in the game with confidence, we need to exert our will on Anderson early and often.

Massillon hasn't been challenged since the St. Edwards game. It will be interesting to see how Massillon handles it if and when someone steps up and punches them in the mouth. I would be happy if no one does.
I love the diversity -other than the Ed’s game nothing really jumps out at you. Except the fact we have done what we are supposed to do.

What are you an asst coach for Anderson ? How many times have you watched them in person this year ?
The better question is… for someone who claims to have played football and at a high level, why you don’t understand what Andersons splits and formations are for. I don’t need to have coached for them to understand it. They didn’t invent it.

I will love to see the look on Massillon fans faces the first time Anderson goes for a 4th and long deep in their own territory. Coach Dreyer may not be as crazy with 4th down as he used to be but a few years back he would never punt. I have seen him go for 4th and 17 from his own 10 yd line in a close game years ago. Never made sense to me but he has been successful so who am I to question it.

The better question is… for someone who claims to have played football and at a high level, why you don’t understand what Andersons splits and formations are for. I don’t need to have coached for them to understand it. They didn’t invent it.
Who said I didn’t ? I haven’t made a post on this thread stating that I didn’t understand anything about their O.