Votes: 54 32.5%
  • Anderson by 1-8

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Anderson by 9-16

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Anderson by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
I guess we will see if Massillon gets sacks or not. Sacks against Anderson are typically caused by coverage.

I get what you're saying. Green runs a similar offense. They get it out quick too but like you said sometimes you can't. Have to stop them on 1st down and/or force them into 3rd and longs.

Btw not comparing this year's Green to this year's Anderson but ask Winton Woods couple years ago. It is legit hard to stop I get that. I'm thinking a Triv Mentor team may even be more comparable. They just tried to outscore people. Put points up even on great defenses but gave up alot too.

Watching Milford v Anderson

I compare em to big walnut with taller wrs :
IMO : since the OL splits wide: blitz 41
IMO : move 13 to middle and add 19 to secondary at times .
Tig🐅
Those splits encourage you to blitz linebackers so they can throw to that void. You’d be playing right into their system. Massillon would be better off relying on pressure from the line (which they will get) and filling the quick passing lanes with LB’s. Blitzing Robinson will be exactly what they hope you do.

Anyone know how large Anderson's fan base is?
We should travel well, but will not compare to Massillon’s following by any means. In the 2007 & 2008 championship games we filled most of a side of the stadium with a few in the end zones at your all’s place. I would expect 1,000-1,500 less than that, maybe more since it’s after Thanksgiving.

Those splits encourage you to blitz linebackers so they can throw to that void. You’d be playing right into their system. Massillon would be better off relying on pressure from the line (which they will get) and filling the quick passing lanes with LB’s. Blitzing Robinson will be exactly what they hope you do.

Depends on down and distance. We blitzed effectively vs. Green in certain situations. The key is getting there quickly. You don't want him breaking contain he will find someone, and oftentimes a deeper receiver.

We should travel well, but will not compare to Massillon’s following by any means. In the 2007 & 2008 championship games we filled most of a side of the stadium with a few in the end zones at your all’s place. I would expect 1,000-1,500 less than that, maybe more since it’s after Thanksgiving.
Your 2006 state championship game at PBTS had 11,065 in attendance. A very good crowd. As you know, your opponent was Louisville, a Stark County school. That certainly increased attendance.

Massillon 56, Anderson 34.
Question is which quarter the Tigers score their 40th point. My guess is 3rd quarter.
If the Tigers defense is not as good as I think they are (which is pretty good), then Massillon 69, Anderson 56.

One might think that Massillon has at least as much team speed as Anderson. They haven't been out-athleted in any game. They've also got enough depth that they can substitute fresh legs.
Anderson runs a play every 10-12 seconds and if they are 2nd & 6 or 3rd & 4 tht playbook gets bigger. My son started his 1st ever varsity game as a sophomore and the speed of their offense was unreal. They speed u up & run trick plays while playing fast. Their scheme is very difficult to defend. If you run man they'll pick you to they can pick you anymore lol.

With the OL having two foot splits . Blitzing 41 before any guard could help would be too late . And would flush the QB out the pocket . Line 41 up behind big mike and send him : guards can’t react that fast

I mean I understand where you're coming from but what I'm saying is our front seven is that good and I'm not trying to be a homer but I have faith in our defense and yeah against a typical defense they might make a pass rush a non factor but our team is completely different than most defenses they have faced our year. I agree that WW had a great defense but like I said their offense was not good so their defense spit the majority of the time on the field so of course they're going to be gassed and they're probably not going to have that much of a pass rush because they was probably tired. I am by no means not trying to take anything away from withrow but I also looked at withrow schedule and their schedule was not that great outside of Cincinnati Xavier and from what I read about X this year was they were pretty pedestrian they weren't that good supposedly now do I honestly know no because I really haven't watched them this year but just reading for most of the posters on here that was their best game in the regular season. But like I said it before I definitely think it's going to be a good game I don't think it's going to be a blowout or anything like that because I know Anderson is going to score some points but this Massillon defense is different especially the front seven and again I'm not trying to sound like a homer but after watching how our D line dominated the Ed's game gave me a lot of confidence even though I understand that Anderson runs a different scheme then Ed's it still comes down to Anderson OL vs Massillon DL

Without question the tiger faithful should have faith in their defense. Having said that Anderson has not scored under 21 in a game this decade. They might get smoked by a much better team like Lasalle in 2020 and Winton woods in 2021 but they will likely score 21 or more.

I do think Massillon is a good fit to beat Anderson. They can control the clock and have a very good defense.

To answer another posters question about Milford. If it could go wrong g it went wrong. One score game at half but to costly turnovers costly turnovers ended any hope. They did find away to rack up 550 yards and 35 points despite that

Without question the tiger faithful should have faith in their defense. Having said that Anderson has not scored under 21 in a game this decade. They might get smoked by a much better team like Lasalle in 2020 and Winton woods in 2021 but they will likely score 21 or more.

I do think Massillon is a good fit to beat Anderson. They can control the clock and have a very good defense.

To answer another posters question about Milford. If it could go wrong g it went wrong. One score game at half but to costly turnovers costly turnovers ended any hope. They did find away to rack up 550 yards and 35 points despite that
They scored under 21 against WW this year

With the OL having two foot splits . Blitzing 41 before any guard could help would be too late . And would flush the QB out the pocket . Line 41 up behind big mike and send him : guards can’t react that fast
That’s what I was thinking, in theory we could dictate the QB flushing the pocket one way or another based on sending one backer into whichever A gap we choose. Not that we will sack the QB but we can force him to roll one way

Anderson is praying that Massillon blitzes. I don't get what people don't understand that they get the ball out before any blitzes/pressure gets there. The only time the QB is pressured is when there's solid coverage.
Then he may well get pressured.

Hoping for Avon and Massillon title game is wishful thinking. Why is that? Because they want the privates out. I get it, it's the easier path for that elusive ring. No need for bringing up the almighty.
It’s not that I want an easier path for public’s, obviously I want them to earn it, this is football… it’s that I just want to see a public win it all. Is that so wrong? I don’t understand why you feel the need to get so defensive.