Concerts. 2021 and beyond.

To put actual country acts on a country festival would be an outrage. Can’t have the likes of Tyler Childers or Whitey Morgan around lest they remind people of what country is supposed to sound like.

Modern day country is awful.

Attachments

• 234762848_4179788285444813_7396436439927639079_n.jpg
    234762848_4179788285444813_7396436439927639079_n.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 19
Saw Genesis last night in Cleveland.

What a sh!tshow - granted, I'm not a huge Genesis fan. I like some of their music, but we went mainly because friends of ours asked if we wanted to go and we figured it would be a nice night out. I had heard ahead of time that Phil Collins was not in good health and that he sits through the whole concert, but I didn't realize how badly he's doing. It was like the band sprung grandpa from the old age home (the track suit he wore didn't help either). Dude has no voice left - he couldn't carry a tune to save his life and he looked like he had no life left in his body. Kind of depressing, overall. The highlight of the show was his 20-year old son on drums for the band.

Tool 3/6 Nationwide Arena Columbus Lower section Tickets over $300. Club section over $170. Upper section over $100.

Saw Genesis last night in Cleveland.

What a sh!tshow - granted, I'm not a huge Genesis fan. I like some of their music, but we went mainly because friends of ours asked if we wanted to go and we figured it would be a nice night out. I had heard ahead of time that Phil Collins was not in good health and that he sits through the whole concert, but I didn't realize how badly he's doing. It was like the band sprung grandpa from the old age home (the track suit he wore didn't help either). Dude has no voice left - he couldn't carry a tune to save his life and he looked like he had no life left in his body. Kind of depressing, overall. The highlight of the show was his 20-year old son on drums for the band.
If you have been following this thread I called it out months ago when they hit the road in Britain. Surprised they showed up in the US as the reviews are basically what you said and they had to shut it down with dates left due to Covid.

If you have been following this thread I called it out months ago when they hit the road in Britain. Surprised they showed up in the US as the reviews are basically what you said and they had to shut it down with dates left due to Covid.

I missed that - I must have just skimmed this thread.

Got to see Donna the Buffalo in Jamestown, NY this past Saturday. Have a lake home in the area and was able to talk the misses and her brother and spouse to come up for a fun weekend. Cool venue, took and old church and turned it into a fun 500ish seat theater. Opener The Probables was very solid, popular local band that had a jam band vibe to them. A large % of the crowd was up and dancing with them and knew the songs. For those that don't know them Donna the Buffalo is more of an Americana band with some extended soloing at periods, not really a jam band but still most of the crowd was standing for the show dancing and signing along. They opened with three of their better tunes which really fired up the crowd, energy stayed strong until the end of the main set. Encore was kind of a head scratcher, first tune was a mellow duet which was OK but the final song was a super deep cut that had multiple parts and was very "spacey"; they had played for 2.5 hours straight with everyone up dancing so I would say half the crowd left in the middle of this song at midnight and it just petered out to a smattering of applause.

Still a great evening of music and I love going to off the beaten path funky venues to see smaller drawing shows. GAR Hall in Peninsula is another place in this vein and I will be looking to catch more shows at these locations as I get older.

Donna-the-Buffalo-Photo.jpg

So...got an email from ticketmaster yesterday that the Kiss show in Dayton has been postponed....the one that was scheduled Oct 16th or so!

Never did get any notification at the time and this was the first thing I received from them about it!

Luckily my nephew gave me a heads up just as I was to leave for the show that it had been cancelled two months ago.

At this point i have had these tix for over 2 years now. I guess I will just hold onto them and see if I am free when, if, they ever do come to Dayton

So...got an email from ticketmaster yesterday that the Kiss show in Dayton has been postponed....the one that was scheduled Oct 16th or so!

Never did get any notification at the time and this was the first thing I received from them about it!

Luckily my nephew gave me a heads up just as I was to leave for the show that it had been cancelled two months ago.

At this point i have had these tix for over 2 years now. I guess I will just hold onto them and see if I am free when, if, they ever do come to Dayton
Ticketbastard stinks, A-Holes get to sit on those $s. While interest rates are low they are still making some $s while you wait for a show that may never happen and interest rates will be going up shortly.

Ticketbastard stinks, A-Holes get to sit on those $s. While interest rates are low they are still making some $s while you wait for a show that may never happen and interest rates will be going up shortly.
Under my impression that the band sits on that $$. They are giving people one month to refund the $, but the rub is they have not rescheduled it. Maybe this means a new date is imminent but I hope they give 30 days after they announce the new date.

In other related music news.

SXM added a Hair Band Deep Tracks channel to their app. Hair Nation is good, but this gets even deeper in the array of bands and their collection. Heard some Dokken tunes I hadnt heard in decades!

I am a big fan of live audience recordings and was made aware of this gem that showed up a month or so ago on Youtube.

The concert story:
The show happened 2 weeks after the release of Dark Side of the Moon so the entire second set was basically brand new to most Floyd fans, there is no world currently where a rock fan doesn't know this material. They decided to use a stage lift in RCMH and it delayed the start of the show which was scheduled for St. Patrick's Day in NYC! Show didn't start until 3/18 @ 1:00AM. This would be the last tour Pink Floyd did where they primarily were in Theaters and would also be the last of many concert staples that were originally released previously to DSOM were performed live by the core 4 members.

**Mastering Recording Notes:**
This is a matrix recording of two different audience resources:

Recorder 1 is very ambient-sounding; the taper must have been sitting far back from the stage. However, it compliments the other recorders very well, being that the other two are closer to the stage - and are more direct-sounding. It was pretty muffled at first, so I gave it a boost in the highs. Recorder 2 was plagued with multiple issues, such as channel dropouts and wow and flutter issues. Unfortunately, when the dropouts occur, there is almost always no information on the other channel, making it impossible to repair the stereo image. In this case, it folds down to mono - only using the intact channel. This recorder also suffers from excessive skipping/flutter. I tried fixing this, but to no avail; it seems impossible to fix. The quality of recorder 2 also degrades by quite a bit during Any Colour You Like, so I felt it was best to leave it out completely. I’d be more than happy to make a revised version if better sources end up surfacing.

Pink Floyd themselves have confirmed that they have a multi-tracked SBD for this show in their archives, hopefully it will be released one day.

Winger
Firehouse.
Versailles Ohio.
Jan 15th!

BMI Even Center and Speedway.

NIce lil place to see a ashow.

From 1976, the good old days of concert riders for performers included cartons of smokes. The band does provide their own chemical influences.

269819953_469965057832153_1954912697364059411_n.jpg

13. Unlimited groupies and groupies in training. Preferably Sweet Sweet Connie and friends.
I actually thought item 1 was the most interesting. In 1976 Folgers was considered high end and I would guess most promoters hand no clue what Sumatra or Jamaica High Mountain coffee was.

Bonnaroo announces their 2022 line up:

61ddc1dde764aad81dfe645b_b22-lineup-01_Social-1080x1350-p-1080.png

Some really weird combos, it will be interesting to see how some of these fans mix on these days.

Going down to Pittsburgh March 26th to see The Eagles.

*They're also in Cleveland on March 17th, and Columbus on April 19th.

I heard the kiss concert was rescheduled to sometime in May.

Thanks for the heads up. When I checked last week there wasnt anything updated, and now I see it on TM. Wonder why I am not getting the emails.
Oh well.......
Wonder if we can get it cancelled for the......4th time!
I heard the kiss concert was rescheduled to sometime in May.

Black Keys just announced a summer tour and they will be hitting 2 dates in Ohio>

9/3> Riverbend
9/9> Blossom

The Two, I mean the Who is going on tour this year and have 2 Ohio dates>

2/5 TQL Stadium, Cincinnati, OH
10/9 The Schott, COLUMBUS, OH