Concerts. 2021 and beyond.

Thavoice

Now that the silliness of shutdowns is behind us and artists starting to go back on the road, what concerts y'all looking to attend in the near future?

I have a Kiss concert that was moved I think twice scheduled for September and I see Guns N Roses tix for Columbus go on sale Friday for the September show.

Had plans for the Crue Stadium tour in Pittsburgh but it was cancelled already.

Could be a busy Sept with Kiss, GNR and some single tickets on sale for Garth Brooks.
MAYBE get to Concert Concert in Ft Loramie in July but may be too busy.

10 years ago I never would have said this, but I prefer concerts over the normal sporting event. As a former Steelers season ticket holder I never thought i would own up to that fact of a concert over a game but man.......the 3 hours of electric at a concert of a band you enjoy is awesome.

Games...fun, but you never know how it will turn out and even in the wins the game is ho hum.

So...concerts 2021 and moving fwd....what say you?

Styx (Donnie Iris opener) at Youngstown Amphitheater in July. Saw Styx a couple years back, they were excellent. Last time I saw Donnie Iris he opened for Michael Stanley, not very impressed but bless him for still going, that cat is just about 80 years old.

River Rock at the Amp in Warren is back. Saturday nights with a few brews and pizza , listening to music at the Amphitheater is relaxing and fun.

Styx (Donnie Iris opener) at Youngstown Amphitheater in July. Saw Styx a couple years back, they were excellent. Last time I saw Donnie Iris he opened for Michael Stanley, not very impressed but bless him for still going, that cat is just about 80 years old.
Saw Styx a decade plus ago at the Darke County Fair and they were entertaining.

Also saw them do the National Anthem and Renegade live at a Steelers playoff game. ESPN had a behind the music special on the history of the song and the steelers but it keeps getting taken down but this one is pretty mcu the same thing with interview with Tommy SHaw

Funny story..i was at that 2002 game they reference...

Saw Styx a decade plus ago at the Darke County Fair and they were entertaining.

Also saw them do the National Anthem and Renegade live at a Steelers playoff game. ESPN had a behind the music special on the history of the song and the steelers but it keeps getting taken down but this one is pretty mcu the same thing with interview with Tommy SHaw

Funny story..i was at that 2002 game they reference...
I'm a Bengals fan, but that's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I'm a Bengals fan, but that's awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Seems like almost daily more groups are making annoucnments and plans..
ESPN had a cool presentation of it with Casey Kasem in the behind the music/top 40 theme to it and it was really good but ESPN/Disney kept taking it down. That video is pretty much the same thing tho and yeah, it is pretty cool.

Seems like I could have 4 concerts in September. Gees...spread em out peeps!
Slaughter and Vixen is coming to Versailles and i just maaay slide over for that one.

I love live music and am chomping at the bity to get back and see some shows. It looks like August through October will be packed, here are the shows I will be seeing>

7/11: Cleveland Orchestra, Blossom Music Center
8/19: Joe Russo's Almost Dead, Jacob's Pavilion
8/20: Zac Brown Band, Blossom Music Center
8/28-29: Wonderbus Festival, Columbus (Wilco, Black Pumas, St. Paul & the Broken Bones)
9/7: Dead & Company, Blossom Music Center
9/10: Dead & Company, DTE Energy Music Theater
9/26: Blackberry Smoke w/ Allman Betts Band, Jacob's Pavilion
10/13: Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats w/ Margo Price, Jacob's Pavilion
??? Rolling Stones, First Energy Stadium (Rolled over Lucky Dips from 2020)

Last edited:
I love live music and am chomping at the bity to get back and see some shows. It looks like August through October will be packed, here are the shows I will be seeing>

7/11: Cleveland Orchestra, Blossom Music Center
8/19: Joe Russo's Almost Dead, Jacob's Pavilion
8/20: Zac Brown Band, Blossom Music Center
8/28-29: Wonderbus Festival, Columbus (Wilco, Black Pumas, St. Paul & the Broken Bones)
9/7: Dead & Company, Blossom Music Center
9/10: Dead & Company, DTE Energy Music Theater
9/26: Blackberry Smoke w/ Allman Betts Band, Jacob's Pavilion
??? Rolling Stones, First Energy Stadium (Rolled over Lucky Dips from 2020)
Black Crowes Blossom Aug 4th....

Seeing Bachman/Cuimmings in August, Elton John in April.
My review on an Elton John show at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in fall 2019>

Solid show and it checked off a must see box on my list. Greatest hits type setlist and I literally knew every tune he played. Great backing band, sound and stage show. On the down side the dude is showing his age and could not hit the high notes at all, he faked it and the chick back up singers finished off those tough choruses for him like Benny & The Jets. Also looked way out of shape and waddled around the stage, lost steam at the end of the show and was sweating a ton.

My review on an Elton John show at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in fall 2019>

Solid show and it checked off a must see box on my list. Greatest hits type setlist and I literally knew every tune he played. Great backing band, sound and stage show. On the down side the dude is showing his age and could not hit the high notes at all, he faked it and the chick back up singers finished off those tough choruses for him like Benny & The Jets. Also looked way out of shape and waddled around the stage, lost steam at the end of the show and was sweating a ton.
His voice was excellent in the Columbus show 2019. I'm sure his not so good days outnumber his great ones at his age. Agree that the band was great.

I’ve got tickets to see Bleachers this fall

Thought about doing Lollapalooza, but the lineup sucks so that’s not happening.

Hopefully the Stones announce their rescheduled dates soon

I’ve got tickets to see Bleachers this fall

Thought about doing Lollapalooza, but the lineup sucks so that’s not happening.

Hopefully the Stones announce their rescheduled dates soon
A lot of chatter that the Stones will be announcing soon either early fall 2021 or late spring 2022 dates. A little trickier for them as they are still an Euro based band and there are still some quarantine rules in place for folks traveling in from England. Additionally they had Canadian dates and that country is still in lock down. Here is something that was posted on a Stones board I check out every so often>

Very very interesting news from a poster on BTX (Bruce Springsteen fan site), who has demonstrated reliably being connected to the touring industry.

in re: More avail in 2022.

The Rolling Stones are moving their postponed 2020 US Stadium tour planned to re-start in 2022 to the fall of 2021 due to the very limited amount of dates (currently but it does expect to ease up when holds are starting to be released) in 2022.

Was talking to someone involved with the booking, and they said they have have been on this for the past 4-6 weeks in trying to make it work for late summer/fall 2021 and also attempting to replicate as many cities/venues that they had originally booked for 2020.

Said the routing is very tough logistically speaking thus far, but not as tough as when they were trying to secure same in 2022 for The Rolling Stones, plus they are planning on touring elsewhere, Europe, in 2022.

Am likely going to see this in Columbus, mostly for Margo Price who is simply awesome.

Am likely going to see this in Columbus, mostly for Margo Price who is simply awesome.
Don't discount Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats. I saw them at a festival and they really had the crowd up and dancing. He had a nice solo album released during Covid too, more mellow but some nice tunes.

But I too am primarily going to this show for Margo Price as her voice is incredible and she is sexy as heck on stage. If she can write some stronger tunes her career will really take off.
Margo_Price_Piknik_i_Parken_2017_%28205817%29.jpg

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the GNR for September.

Kiss and GNR in one month, maaybe looking into Slaughter/Vixen as well. Could be a good month

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the GNR for September.

Kiss and GNR in one month, maaybe looking into Slaughter/Vixen as well. Could be a good month
If you come to anything at the rose let me know. I know a good bartender there. ?

I have tickets to see Whiskey Myers at the Taft theater on July 29. It was suppose to the night Dewine officially shut everything down back in March 2020. I also have tickets for Chris Stapleton/Willie Nelson/Sheryl Crow in Lexington that was suppose to be in April of 2020, but has been rescheduled to April of 2022 so that's a ways off. Looking to see the Black Crows at Riverbend on August 4 The Steel Woods at JD Legends on August 14 and Tech9 at Bogart's in November.

I have tickets to see Whiskey Myers at the Taft theater on July 29. It was suppose to the night Dewine officially shut everything down back in March 2020. I also have tickets for Chris Stapleton/Willie Nelson/Sheryl Crow in Lexington that was suppose to be in April of 2020, but has been rescheduled to April of 2022 so that's a ways off. Looking to see the Black Crows at Riverbend on August 4 The Steel Woods at JD Legends on August 14 and Tech9 at Bogart's in November.
Black Crowes are at Blossom Aug 4th....

Wife and I were set to see Alanis Morissette last year. She's her favorite artist but has never been to one of her shows. Kinda sucks that the show moved from a July Friday to a September Wednesday. My wife being a teacher, the prior date would have been perfect.

Liz Phair and Garbage also on the bill is probably best opening act for a show I've ever seen.

For prog rock fans King Crimson just announced dates and they are coming to Ohio>

Sep. 01 - Cleveland, OH - Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica*
Sep. 02 - Huber Heights, OH - Rose Music Center @ The Heights*

Last edited: