Concerts. 2021 and beyond.

I was there too. Had a group of 5 of us, and each and everyone printed a negative test off the internet, then edited using Adobe. The people checking these at the gate could care less!
I actually got a test, but I won't do it again. You are 100% correct, they barely even checked the paper and they definitely didn't compare it to my ID. I still think it might have kept some folks away. Not knowing how it would be handled would be enough to scare some folks off.

Have my first indoor arena concert next week since COVID. It'll be interesting to see how it goes
Nutter Center?

Those workers don't give a damn about masks or vax or negative tests. They know there are too few of them to enforce anything.

Everyone took maska off after security at the Schott Fe weeks ago and another one I want to didn't require anything.

Most normal people are over it and don't GAF.

Just over 3 hours before the show in Dayton last night Kiss cancelled their gig because of the death of Paul Stanley's guitar tech.

This is the third time it has been pushed to the right.

Luckily someone txted me or I woulda been driving down right about that time.

Crazy.

What is everyone's next show?

Hoping to get to Tesla in Columbus in November.

How were they in Troy or wherever last week?

Just over 3 hours before the show in Dayton last night Kiss cancelled their gig because of the death of Paul Stanley's guitar tech.

This is the third time it has been pushed to the right.

Luckily someone txted me or I woulda been driving down right about that time.

Crazy.

Tesla in Troy was a good show. They sounded real good.

Thinking about Todd Rundgren in a couple weeks. His current tour has him playing two sets, 1 is a solid greatest hits type set and the other is a full side from the album A Wizard, a True Star. Not a big fan of side one but side two has some great Todd, notably "Sometimes I Don't Know" and "Just One Victory".

Foo Fighters @ Andrew Brady Center: 10/10 David still puts on a hell of a show!

Green Day @ Historic Crew Stadium: 8/10 Billie Joe is a great showman but this venue was not equipped to handle a large crowd. Sat in traffic within half a mile of the venue for over 2 hours.

Billy Joel @ Great American Ballpark: 6/10 I enjoy his music but was a little bored at times. Still enjoyed him.

The Killers @ PromoWest Pavillion (Covington, Ky): 7/10 Was very surprised at how much I enjoyed them live. They put on a great show!

Nick Mason is bring his Saucerful of Secrets tour out again in 2022 and he has two Ohio dates:

2/1> Cincinnati
2/2> Akron

This tour features Pink Floyd music prior to Darkside of the Moon and the band is rock solid. The reviews where great from 2019 and this is a cool way to experience this highly trippy music in a theater environment.

Nick Mason is bring his Saucerful of Secrets tour out again in 2022 and he has two Ohio dates:

2/1> Cincinnati
2/2> Akron

This tour features Pink Floyd music prior to Darkside of the Moon and the band is rock solid. The reviews where great from 2019 and this is a cool way to experience this highly trippy music in a theater environment.

I wish the three would reunite before the next one croaks.

Kiss still has not rescheduled Dayton. It will be the 4th attempt.

I get it, his guitar tech died, but one has to wonder if it was a sellout (only about 50% capacity) if they would have rallied and played as a tribute to him, the show must go on and that is 'what he would have wanted'.

At the GNR concert was like 15 rows from the side and saw all the work the guitar tech (I presume) does during a show. Seemingly every song Slash swapped out a guitar and the tech looked like he was retuning them and putting aside for use later.

BUt anyways....
Half way thinking of going to near Chicago, Waukegon, this weekend to see Dokken but unsure yet

I wish the three would reunite before the next one croaks.
Don't hold your breath. For the longest time it was Waters who was playing the bitter old man card but now for some reason he is up for a tour but Gilmour has no interest. Maybe they go on the road in '23 to celebrate the 50th year of Darkside but I am guessing Gilmour is more than happy on his own.

The Rock & Roll HOF Induction Ceremony

I was able to go to the Rock Hall induction ceremony this past Saturday and it was fantastic, if you have the $s the next time it is in CLE I would recommend it for any type of music fan. One general comment I will make is that I was one of those folks that was not sure Hip Hop should be in the Rock Hall, well after Saturday I heard enough comments and music to move over to the other side and agree it needs to be included. Do I wish more good Heavy Metal or Progressive should be in, yes! But as a branch of Rock, Hip Hop has a place especially in light of the live performance LL Cool J gave Saturday evening. HBO will show a condensed version of this later in November so you can get a feel for how it went down.

Some stand out moments:

• Carole King: Great way to open the show and the body of songs she wrote is incredible. Taylor Swift and Jennifer Hudson gave great interpretations of some of the best songs of the 20th century; the entire arena was silent just taking in the majesty of the moment.
  • Tina Turner: It was unfortunate that her health kept her from making the trip; guest stars were also the most uneven with H.E.R. and Keith Urban (stepping in for a COVID positive Ran Adam's) being the low point of the show.
  • LL Cool J: Performance of the evening, as much rock as the Foo Fighters set was. Guy worked the stage and had the entire arena up on their feet ready to party and then Eminem and J Lo show up. Blew the roof off.
  • Todd Rundgren: Wasn't there and no guest performances. Probably one of the more deserving artists to get in this year but his video montage made him look like a bitter old man as he complained about not getting any love from the industry. Come on dude give it up and show up for an honor.
  • Go Gos: Came across as a competent bar band which is fine live, everybody knew all the tunes so it was fun to dance and sing but not an earth shattering performance. Got in because of an all female group controlling all aspects of the art so I get it.
  • Jay-Z: No performance of his music at all but best introduction speech by Dave Chappelle and acceptance speech by an artists of the evening. Guy really is well spoken and surprisingly humble; did a good job of explaining rap's place in the HOF.
  • Foo Fighters: Solid live set by probably the most popular contemporary rock act out on the road. Paul McCartney's induction speech was weak at best as well as him joining the group for a quick run through of Get Back. Everyone was also very tired as they didn't hit the stage until well after 12:00 when the show started at 7:45.

Last edited:
The Rock & Roll HOF Induction Ceremony

I was able to go to the Rock Hall induction ceremony this past Saturday and it was fantastic, if you have the $s the next time it is in CLE I would recommend it for any type of music fan. One general comment I will make is that I was one of those folks that was not sure Hip Hop should be in the Rock Hall, well after Saturday I heard enough comments and music to move over to the other side and agree it needs to be included. Do I wish more good Heavy Metal or Progressive should be in, yes! But as a branch of Rock, Hip Hop has a place especially in light of the live performance LL Cool J gave Saturday evening. HBO will show a condensed version of this later in November so you can get a feel for how it went down.

Some stand out moments:

• Carole King: Great way to open the show and the body of songs she wrote is incredible. Taylor Swift and Jennifer Hudson gave great interpretations of some of the best songs of the 20th century; the entire arena was silent just taking in the majesty of the moment.
  • Tina Turner: It was unfortunate that her health kept her from making the trip; guest stars were also the most uneven with H.E.R. and Keith Urban (stepping in for a COVID positive Ran Adam's) being the low point of the show.
  • LL Cool J: Performance of the evening, as much rock as the Foo Fighters set was. Guy worked the stage and had the entire arena up on their feet ready to party and then Eminem and J Lo show up. Blew the roof off.
  • Todd Rundgren: Wasn't there and no guest performances. Probably one of the more deserving artists to get in this year but his video montage made him look like a bitter old man as he complained about not getting any love from the industry. Come on dude give it up and show up for an honor.
  • Go Gos: Came across as a competent bar band which is fine live, everybody knew all the tunes so it was fun to dance and sing but not an earth shattering performance. Got in because of an all female group controlling all aspects of the art so I get it.
  • Jay-Z: No performance of his music at all but best introduction speech by Dave Chappelle and acceptance speech by an artists of the evening. Guy really is well spoken and surprisingly humble; did a good job of explaining rap's place in the HOF.
  • Foo Fighters: Solid live set by probably the most popular contemporary rock act out on the road. Paul McCartney's induction speech was weak at best as well as him joining the group for a quick run through of Get Back. Everyone was also very tired as they didn't hit the stage until well after 12:00 when the show started at 7:45.
I was there as well. LL Cool J had everyone floored with how good he was and I think the building shook when Eminem walked out.

LL with Eminem, Taylor Swift, Carole King, JHud, and Foo/Paul were probably the highlights for me

We were also sat right by where Jay Z was sitting so we were watching him the entire time and watching him react to some of the music. It was pretty funny. Was bummed Beyonce didn't show though

Last edited:
WIth it being November and all........
Rain.jpg

Went to the MercyMe concert in Toledo last night. Very good. Just a note, there was approximately 5,000 people there, indoor facility, I'd would guess maybe one in 20 people had mask on. Staff all had masks. What are we doing here?

Went to the MercyMe concert in Toledo last night. Very good. Just a note, there was approximately 5,000 people there, indoor facility, I'd would guess maybe one in 20 people had mask on. Staff all had masks. What are we doing here?
Were masks "required"?

The big news in the concert world this past weekend was the eight deaths at the Travis Scott headlined festival in Houston. A lot of blame to go around starting with the act himself, he was warned prior to the show about the super high energy of the crowd and to make sure not too wind them up too much. Well he did that exact thing and kept the show going even after the mass casualties event took place.

It reminded a lot of folks of The Who Cincinnati debacle.

The big news in the concert world this past weekend was the eight deaths at the Travis Scott headlined festival in Houston. A lot of blame to go around starting with the act himself, he was warned prior to the show about the super high energy of the crowd and to make sure not too wind them up too much. Well he did that exact thing and kept the show going even after the mass casualties event took place.

It reminded a lot of folks of The Who Cincinnati debacle.

Also conjures up memories of Fred Durst at Woodstock 99.

Hot young guitarist Billy Strings is touring early next year and will have Ohio Dates:

3/9> Cleveland
3/11-12> Cincinnati

This guy is arguably the best guitarist currently on the road. Might have to truck down to Cincy to check out the Icon Music Center.

Kiss residency in Vegas has been postponed.
Band is saying Rona, but the speculation is very slow ticket sales.

Still have not rescheduled their Dayton show that is about 2/3 sold. Who knows when/if they will ever play there and just hold our money!

I can see the complaints about them over the years in attaching their name to anything for a quick buck. My goodness, is there something they DONT push?

Country Concert in Ft Lorami announced much of their lineup for next July.

As expected, Morgan Wallen was the top vote getter and is appearing Saturday night.

Other names appearing at Loramie Lake are:
Carrie Underwood
Old Dominion
SCotty Mcceeery
John Michael Montgomery
Brooks and Dunn
Cody Johnson
Gabby Garrett
Morgan Wallen
Hardy.
Chris Lane
Luren Alaina
Niko Moon and probably 10-15 more smaller acts at the other stages between the headliners.

As expected, Morgan Wallen was the top vote getter and is appearing Saturday night.

Carrie Underwood
Old Dominion
SCotty Mcceeery
John Michael Montgomery
Brooks and Dunn
Cody Johnson
Gabby Garrett
Morgan Wallen
Hardy.
Chris Lane
Luren Alaina
Niko Moon and probably 10-15 more smaller acts at the other stages between the headliners.
Not a big country fan but the wife likes the genre, I have to say I don't get Morgan Wallen. What does he do that is so different than all these other solo dudes that are out there?

Not a big country fan but the wife likes the genre, I have to say I don't get Morgan Wallen. What does he do that is so different than all these other solo dudes that are out there?
I recall when he got grounded he had quite a few very good songs that many people, including myself, enjoyed. Wanna say he had three top 20 songs at the time he go drunk and yelled something stupid.

That generally is what sets popular artist s aside from the not popular in every genre.

I imagine the top vote getter was in response to people who believe he got hosed and banned by something he said where in other genres a person gets praised for singing about her wet coochie or other artists commit actual CRIMEs yet are allowed to be on radio...but he gets banned for saying something wrong.

Last edited:

Carrie Underwood
Old Dominion
SCotty Mcceeery
John Michael Montgomery
Brooks and Dunn
Cody Johnson
Gabby Garrett
Morgan Wallen
Hardy.
Chris Lane
Luren Alaina
The mid-card would be enhanced with some of the better Americana/Outlaw Country acts instead of 3rd and 4th tier mainstream "country" performers.

Does stand-up count?

Just saw Iliza Shlesinger at the Taft Theater. The most impressive part of her set was she performed while more than seven months pregnant - she had a good joke about the due date being January 6th. There's a lot of physical movement in her show, like pantomiming a gorilla or Jim Carrey's Grinch, so very impressed with the lengths she'd go for a joke despite the baby weight. She had a solid 20 minutes of very good pregnancy material, the middle 50% was great too. The last 20 minutes, I'd describe as comedically preachy - humorous towards serious subjects but without knockout lines.

7.5 /10. Of all the "name" comics I've seen, probably second best behind Daniel Tosh, my clear #1.

The mid-card would be enhanced with some of the better Americana/Outlaw Country acts instead of 3rd and 4th tier mainstream "country" performers.

To put actual country acts on a country festival would be an outrage. Can’t have the likes of Tyler Childers or Whitey Morgan around lest they remind people of what country is supposed to sound like.

Modern day country is awful.